Next Thread
Print Thread
#606408 17/07/17 10:59 AM
L
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
L
After several playthroughs I've noticed that there are many more magic x-bows than there are longbows which nerfs the ranger somewhat. Is this a design decision or will it even out eventually?

Thanks,
LS.

Lostsheep #606573 22/07/17 04:45 AM
addict
addict
I've only played once, but is Bow that more viable this game? I know in the previous one, mid to late game Xbow was so much better for the most part. Is the Bow better now with the smaller amounts of AP we get and what not?

Lostsheep #606584 22/07/17 02:40 PM
L
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
L
Yes, I think so, you can fire more arrows with a bow, more than making up for the extra power of the xbows.

Lostsheep #606587 22/07/17 05:06 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Bow's are definitely viable, but it depends what you're doing with your AP. Sneak (1ap) plus snipe (3ap) - you want the heaviest hitter you can use, the x-bow (usually). Same with richoet - it's AP scales off which your'e using, but you only get to use it that once (until the cooldown), in which case you want the heaviest hitter - the xbow.

Bow let's you fire twice or fire once and still use 2ap worth of abilities/support/heal/whatever. I really like the balance they struck with them.

I will say for me, I've played through 3x now, and I never noticed more of one than the other. I think it's RNG. I had a similar thought with daggers; I used Kniles daggers on my rogue until the end of act 1, whereas this last playthrough I was drowning in magic daggers.

Lostsheep #606592 22/07/17 07:59 PM
addict
addict
Ah okay. For me I definitely found more Xbow's over bows. But I think before level 4, until you get more stronger abilities, Rangers seem pretty weak. Idk if I just didn't know what I was doing wrong, but I was barely able to even break enemies armor with ranger.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard