Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Simple, you cast restoration on one of your character, someone cast decay, now your character can't heal and will get damage from already ongoing restoration...

veteran
veteran
Um, no.

That is literally the point of Decaying Touch. To turn healing into hurting. That skill would be far too restrictive to only have that usable if you cast it first and then and ally casts healing on an enemy.

OP Offline
The point is there is only one spell/skill that can save you from decay across the whole game (to my knowledge); frost armor and i didn't had it at the time.

I like playing hardcore style, you die, you die, no resurrect scroll which should really be removed from the game to my opinion but i do understand not everybody wants to play this way.....and so far after going half way threw, i've had to reload

once because of decay
twice because that assassin boss inside the fort close to the dog place can kill you one shot

and that is it.

Now that i have the bosses daggers, now i can kill one shot with my assassin....again the OP assassin but anyway

Any other spell, you can get saved by multiple options such healing for that matter....

Last edited by AngeliusMefyrx; 07/05/17 10:38 PM.
D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
I agree with Stabbey, Decaying Touch should not remove applications of Regeneration.
This mainly because Decaying Touch transforms Regeneration into a devastating damage over time effect.

OP Offline
The only way to remove decay if I'm not mistaken is Frost Armor. Anything else doesn't remove decay and any healing does damage to your character. If already healing, he's getting damage during the following turns which may mean a sure death no matter what (because you cast healing on a character that needs healing obviously) unless you have frost armor ready.

This is somewhat stupid. because we can complain as much as we want about a solution to infinite CC "missing turn", at least you can heal your other character's even if they are CCed and there are multiple options for healing.

This only has one; frost armor....
So either remove the healing process or allow other spells to remove decay such clear mind, earth armor, first aid etc...so that there are other options to save your character.

I want a game to be fair and challenging, not if you don't have a specific spell ready, then you're doomed...that's not "challenging"....it is merely a waste of time where you have to reload and keep a specific spell ready or play with resurrect scrolls that the computer/AI/enemies doesn't have...

Oh and I do hope that the most challenging difficulty means "no resurrect scroll" in the game...

Last edited by AngeliusMefyrx; 09/05/17 07:05 PM.
N
old hand
old hand
N
Yes... the game is unfair with the constant enemies with Decaying Touch.

Like... and... uhhh... Which enemy in the game has decaying touch again?

---

Also as an aside Frost armor isn't a "Specific Counter" it is an essential spell that you REALLY should have on hand (that and Fortitude).

Same with Fortitude.

Last edited by Neonivek; 09/05/17 06:49 PM.
OP Offline
Well I was lvl 3 at the time and hadn't learned the spell yet...because you know, you're low lvl and don't have any money...

Yes as the game goes, I'm building 2 mages with all the useful spells

Decay If I remember correctly, it was the magister in the fort top floor where they "cure" a peasant and remove her soul­.... this is when you fight them. The magister, the 2 mages, 2 guards and the lost soul.... don't remember which one casted the spell but it was one of them.

The question is not, how often its going to happen, it is; it can happen, it may happen, then what are the options to survive that....

Last edited by AngeliusMefyrx; 09/05/17 07:01 PM.
old hand
old hand
Could be another skill or two to remove decaying touch, or other skills to remove healing, but decay shouldn't remove healing. I also think decaying touch does an absurd amount of damage (no need to convert 175% of healing to damage, could be 1 to 1 or even less and it would still be good.)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Doesn't Bless remove decay as well?

OP Offline
Fine if decay doesn't remove healing if we get more spells to counter this... work around that's acceptable to me.

Fortify (what I've been calling Earth Armor) to me sounds like a clear option for that...

Bless, probably, haven't had the chance to try this, but you get bless at lvl6 and you have decay user's that you'll face at lvl 3-4...

Last edited by AngeliusMefyrx; 10/05/17 05:22 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Fortify is physical armor, so it wouldn't likely affect a magical affliction.

As above-stated, Bless also removes Decay I do believe.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I love decay! We had a boss that was constantly swapping and moving us around. We got his physical armor down. I hit him with decay and blood rain. Someone hit him with restoration which takes time. My turn came back and I used Blood Sucker on him and bingo! Dead.

S
stranger
stranger
S
The healing-decay mechanic is broken.

Unless they patched it recently, the experience I had with the witch in the cave, decay is applied when your physical armor is broken. Heals bypass both magic armor and resistances. You shouldn't be able to cheese mechanics to instantly blow up a boss (I shamelessly did it on that fight). At the same time, player characters have a lot less health, armor, and resources, and death is expensive. Damage shouldn't be that devastating with the limited resources at hand.

S
S
Necromancy passive works while decaying.

addict
addict
I dont think it should remove the ongoing healing, but if anything, you should get at least more abilities to remove that debuff. Having only two skills (as far i know so far) is pretty low for such a devastating debuff.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I think decay is a cool spell, it is justa bit too strong they should just not amplify the damages it does.
It should only be 100% of the healing (or less) is converted to damage, because in general if you try to heal you are already hurt so the 75% extra makes it too strong to me.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard