Next Thread
Print Thread
#607095 06/08/17 12:07 AM
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Does black powder only become combinable at the forge? I decided to go ahead and mix them while I was within BF1/L3 by dragging the salt over the coal but no mixture occurred; it just disappeared (ie, nothing to mix the sulfur with).

The actual ingredient is salt peter which is rumored to have certain affects that it is rumored that, because of these affects, military cooks mix it into their foods. It was found in a military kitchen. Hmm, I wonder? think

Support
Support

It can be combined right away, the problem is doing that in the battlefield, rather than the main game area. There is no entry for the mixture (or inventory icon, or something) in the level for the BF, so combining the items doesn't give a result.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by caninelegion
The actual ingredient is salt peter which is rumored to have certain affects that it is rumored that, because of these affects, military cooks mix it into their foods. It was found in a military kitchen. Hmm, I wonder? think

I hadn't heard of that: I know it has uses as a blood pressure drug (and another explosive compound, nitroglycerine, is also curiously useful for a related condition: I still have a squirty thing of it for that purpose). The thing they are reputed to have used for "certain effects" is bromide which was supposedly given to British soldiers a century ago so they wouldn't get too randy, though sadly(? well, probably not!) that seems to be an urban myth since it would probably also make them somewhat asleep. Which isn't very useful for fighting battles...

J'aime le fromage.
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
That's basically the same legend with salt peter.

Now I've got to find out why I can't make a forge bomb. My speculation that it could only be made after killing the smith (and scarring his helper smile ) was wrong - mixing the coal and salt makes an invisibility potion (well, not really; it just vanishes so nothing to mix the sulfur with). Darn! I know there's other ways out but blowing up things in a game is fun!

Raze #607106 06/08/17 02:09 AM
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
I didn't notice the reply but --- I'm at the forge now and it still won't mix.

Right way: drag salt over coal, correct? Has to be the way really because, otherwise, one gets a big, red "X". The only thing that MAY have been different is that the ingredients were not in my hero's inventory but, instead, in that of the DK. When that didn't work, I put them on the ground (had a handy save) and tried it. I'll move them to the hero's inventory to see if that makes a difference but, my hopes are not high.

EDIT: Well, I'll be! It worked! It has to be in the hero's inventory and no where else. Darn! No cool explosion and lava flow through the citadel, though. cry

Last edited by caninelegion; 06/08/17 02:21 AM.
Support
Support

At least you get experience points finishing the act that way (rather than using the stairs near Samuel's room).

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Very true.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard