Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#607140 06/08/17 06:15 PM
M
MAHak Offline OP
OP Offline
M
So I'm a little confused here, are vignettes going to be available for normal modding or only for GM?

I remember seeing a post from Baardvark where he (I assume he is the right word to go with) mentioned that he wanted to do a "text-based chose your own adventure story".

So I think that could be made via vignettes.

Basically the adventure is told with vignettes and once combat is commenced the game loads up a level with the enemies and your party.

An example...

"You travel down a trail through a forest.
At some point you spot an entrance to a cave, to your right, behind some trees, what to you do?"

1. Wander off the trail and enter the cave.
2. Wait some hours while you scout the immediate area and watch the entrance for any sign of activity.
3. Ignore the cave and continue down the trail.

Choosing 1, you enter the cave and are immediately beset by 3 bears. >>load cave level with 3 bears.
If you survive you can continue down the trail (to the next vignette).

Choosing 2, nothing happens as you wait for some hours and soon hunger and thirst sets in, forcing you to consume some provisions. Eventually you hear a loud roar coming from the cave.
1. You resume you journey and leave the cave.
2. You enter the cave. >> load cave level with 3 bears.
If you survive you can continue down the trail (to the next vignette).

Choosing 3, you continue your travel down the trail (next vignette).

MAHak #607145 06/08/17 09:21 PM
old hand
old hand
I'm curious too whether vignettes can be triggered without a GM even if the vignette choices can actually trigger effects like loading levels and stuff. Though I meant more I was drawing inspiration from what was originally a choose your own adventure story rather then trying to implement one in D:OS 2.

Regardless, anything that could be accomplished with vignettes this way could be done with scripted dialogs as well. I suppose you'd lose out on the vignette picture and the voting feature, which is a loss for multiplayer, but some other system of voting may be possible.

MAHak #607163 07/08/17 07:55 AM
T
addict
addict
T
Vignettes are indeed not available in regular mods. There is, however, a generic voting feature for multiplayer. It's used in the main game when going from one area to another in case you can't go back afterwards (not sure if it's already in EA).

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard