Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Something that has been mildly annoying in all my trips through EA act 1 is that there is no confirmation on stat/ability point placement, resulting in a few swear words followed by F8. This was in DOS EE, and I don't think it was viewed as bad so I am not sure why it hasn't made its appearance in DOS 2.

Another tangent wish/question/rant - Global cool down of abilities outside of combat. It would be such a monumental quality of life improvement if there was a significantly reduced or removed out of combat global cool down. If you are not familiar with what I am am talking about I hope this will clear it up.

Let's say you have just gotten out of fight and everyone is on fire. So you cast rain, and then try and cast restoration. You can't. You have to wait several seconds to cast. Once you cast restoration, you have to wait again several seconds before you can cast anything else. It would be amazing if I could cast a spell have maybe half second delay and then the ability to cast again. Or not even cast a spell, how about move something around in my inventory, or use an item, or just flat out move. I really don't understand the reasoning behind this, not just spell but everything, global cool down.

Just my 2 cents, food for thought.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
Without global cool down I can prebuff a character before combat. Well i do anyways but I could do it more without some running out before I finish.

That would be my main objection to changing it. Other than that yeah, it cam be a little annoying but I see the purpose.

journeyman
journeyman
I concur. I want to be able to compare the benefits of increasing one stat versus another. Also, I was pretty angry when I clicked wits and needed memory and then had to reload my most recent save to correct that.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard