Print Thread
#607571 15/08/17 11:30 PM
K
Kbot Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
These ridiculous builds that hinge upon using shed skin to gain 20+ AP. Yeah, ok, they make use of flesh sac, but it's really shed skin that ties them together.

Would it be possible to nerf this a bit. Seems way over the top. Like, Shed Skin can still recycle all your cool downs, except for AP gaining ones?

I don't know, are the designers happy with this?

Kbot #607579 16/08/17 03:11 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I doubt that there's an easy way to intro a tag to skills that refresh or add to AP amount, so it's not a big deal

Then again, unless you for some reason are compelled and forced yourself to play that way... Does it matter what other people do with their builds?

Kbot #607612 16/08/17 06:10 PM
K
Kbot Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
As per point one - I'm not sure how you'd word it - but I don't think "Reset all cooldowns except those that provide action points. Strips off all Physical Armour and Magic Armour. Removes Burning, Poisoned, Bleeding." is not too difficult for a new player to understand.

As per point two - why even discuss balance at all if that's the attitude? Why even have an alpha at all? Just give players a fireball ability that clears the screen and if anyone complains, hey, does it matter if other people use it or not? You're not compelled or forced to use it.

Larain tweaks abilities each patch (Look at what's happened to rage since alpha started. Not everyone used rage - yet it's now 2 AP instead of 0 or 1, like it was before, and only works on friendlies, unlike its earlier version). Presumably they care about things that trivialize challenges. Skin Graft (sorry said shed skin in the subject) is definitely one of them.

Last edited by Kbot; 16/08/17 06:20 PM.
Kbot #607627 16/08/17 09:42 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Not tag as in describe as such. Tag, in the game system.

And rage was -broken- before, int hat the NPCs would use it on -you- thinking it was a debuff.

It's really too late for -us- to make suggestions though, as we only have access to the alpha, where the beta testing is going on behind closed doors.

K
Kbot Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
It really was a great debuff, though. Not like the AI was making a mistake. And I think the changes were mostly because of player feedback.

Rage lowers elemental resists by -100. If your resists are in the negatives, you take additional damage. Getting hit by a pyromancer, pre-rage changes, with epidemic of fire, was a death sentence.

On the player end, an inquisitor hitting a raged target with a staff would do 200% damage per hit. If the inquisitor had rage, as well, that's 200% x crit damage. We literally had several patches where a caster or inquisitor, raged, swinging a staff, was the hardest hitting melee in the game.

Last edited by Kbot; 17/08/17 01:48 AM.
Kbot #607638 17/08/17 04:09 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Or they can make it that Skin Graft removes all remaining AP instead of the armor and magic armor.
So would be useful to have all your skills next turn if you really need something.

Kbot #607703 18/08/17 04:08 PM
I was thinking Skin Graft should be a polymorph source ability. That way the OP nature of the skill stays the same but it also forces you to chose to use a very rare resource if you want that reset.

Kbot #607720 18/08/17 10:35 PM
tee Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Deadknight
Or they can make it that Skin Graft removes all remaining AP instead of the armor and magic armor.
So would be useful to have all your skills next turn if you really need something.

That's even much stronger than the current one, people would just spend most of thier AP and spare 1 AP left to use Skin Gaft with no armors trade-off.

Originally Posted by Concarne
I was thinking Skin Graft should be a polymorph source ability. That way the OP nature of the skill stays the same but it also forces you to chose to use a very rare resource if you want that reset.

Devs say there are even more source points beyond Act 1, so turning a skill into a source skill wouldnt solve the problem.

Make Skin Gaft cost 1AP /2 Turn Cooldown per use to a selected power, it would have more tactical uses.
• So now when you really need something, you have to sacrifice some AP to get it up on that turn.By making it cost AP , nobody would be able to abuse it for Adrenaline/Flesh
• Most normal skills already have 2-3 turn cooldowns , with strong skills are at 4-5 turn cooldowns. So technically 1 AP = an instant cd for one weak skill and 2 AP = an instant for one strong skill.

Why no global reset?
• Reset all cd is a no, some combinations are already too strong at low level tier skills: 2 Sawtooth Knife can kill a boss, 2 Snipe can kill a boss, 2 First Aid can kill a boss (with Decaying Touch),...
• Make it global reset, that is a big no no.
• Now add high level tier skills, game is alpha so no clue but in last game, master skills are like uber powerful.

â–º Although that's being said my version would make that battle lasts 1 or 2 more turns longer until your favorite skill is up again. In my honest opinion, remove it.

In DOS:EE you can reduce abilities cooldown with high attributes tho?
• The cooldown is still high with reduced cooldown, chain lightning has 10 turn cooldown, minimum reduced cooldown are 8 turn. Deadly spores has 8 turn, minimum 6 turn. And they are still too powerful devs have to put a source system to prevent people from abusing it every battle.
• Powerful skills have long cooldown for a reason, to stop player from overusing it in a fight, having a skill that can cheat all that cooldown away would make it, well..not fair

tee #607739 19/08/17 08:07 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by tee
snip

I actually have just watched your first video and I think the biggest problem is that the AI simply does nothing when they don't see you so you don't even need Skin graft, you can wait multiple turn for your CD to come back while they probably should move and look for you.

So if they can't see you they'd probably go for the next visible threat but if they don't see anyone (only one person sneaking or everyone is sneaking or there is a mass invisibility) they should skill move to either find the sneaky enemies (even if they can't detect invisibility they should try).
Now the challenge is to feel the AI is searching and is not cheating and always sees you.

To me in the video the sneaking mechanics is what breaks the AI more so than Graft skin makes you too strong.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard