Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
When you first speak to the doctor near the cave grotto entrance in Fort Joy depending on your choices you get 240xp and you learn that she can not heal Dain with normal methods and potions don't work. Typically when you heal Dain with either First Aid or with Restoration you will gain an additional 240xp and he will stand up and you can talk with him.

On several of my recent games I will either get no XP for speaking with the doctor, or I will get no XP for healing Dain. In fact even though I heal him to full as soon as you leave the area and come back he is dead, like the game is failing to register that I have healed him.

The last time I noticed this I was playing as the Red Prince, had completed the conversation with the doctor and received the first 240xp. Then I started a new conversation with her and while in conversation I switched to Lohse and healed Dain with restoration. Except I did not receive the XP and he did not register than it had occurred. I tried healing with other characters and tried healing using first aid. Each time he would receive the heal, but the game was failing to give me credit and reward me with the XP. As I said earlier as soon as you leave the area and return Dain is dead.

I have not found a reliable way to reproduce this bug. frown

Support
Support

Were you giving the doctor alcohol? If you do that, Dain can not be saved.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Raze

Yes.

Then I have been experiencing a bug since nearly the beginning of EA where I can get 240 xp for giving her alcohol and then casting a healing spell in Dain for an additional 240 xp. I can provide a save game where I get xp for both.

OP Offline
I just started a new game and got to the doctor Leste. I was able to offer her alcohol 240xp and still heal and save Dain 240xp.

[Edit] I just did it again and actually got 240xp 3 times. A total of 720xp. Maybe the entire quest is bugged?

Last edited by Concarne; 21/08/17 11:12 PM.
Support
Support

Did the doctor have enough time to give the alcohol to Dain? I don't know exactly how it is scripted, but enough time or leaving the immediate area should put Dain in an alcoholic coma if the doctor is given alcohol.

OP Offline

Sorry for all the replies.

Hopefully this is allowed. Here is a video of how I've been doing it. There are no ads or anything on it.

https://youtu.be/Nnp3EvcIGI8

Support
Support

The doctor is still in a conversation when you heal Dain, so has not had a chance to give him the alcohol.

OP Offline

The doctor is still in a conversation when you heal Dain, so has not had a chance to give him the alcohol.

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard