Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I am one of many who had no idea this was happening. I've checked everywhere and can't find the videos shown in the twitch feed anywhere. Does anyone know where to find them? Also I really hope Larian will provide some higher res versions.

old hand
old hand
Here is the archived feed. It's very short and there is no new information, really. It's a minor glimpse into Act 2, so use caution if you don't want the least bit of spoilers, though it isn't very spoilerish

Larian Twitch Segment

Last edited by Windemere; 22/08/17 03:43 PM.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
enthusiast
enthusiast
Really like the new fire and holy fire effect. I think they went a just a tiny bit too far with how they nerfed teleport. I think they should up it to 12 meters from 10 and it will be perfect. Love that everyone has character portraits now. Not sure how i feel about them changing the persuasion text, but it does make it less confusing as to what stat is actually affecting persuasion success (I keep forgetting what constitution actually does in terms of persuasion). Wish the sound balancing on the stream was better so I could hear the music better, but what I could hear sounded great. I like the new look of the tool tips, but I wish they displayed more information (like range and ap cost). Story is looking REALLY good, and I can't wait for the 14th to play through it all.

Last edited by Damashi; 22/08/17 03:38 PM.
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by Damashi
Really like the new fire and holy fire effect. I think they went a just a tiny bit too far with how they nerfed teleport. I think they should up it to 12 meters from 10 and it will be perfect. Love that everyone has character portraits now. Not sure how i feel about them changing the persuasion text, but it does make it less confusing as to what stat is actually affecting persuasion success (I keep forgetting what constitution actually does in terms of persuasion). Wish the sound balancing on the stream was better so I could hear the music better, but what I could hear sounded great. I like the new look of the tool tips, but I wish they displayed more information (like range and ap cost). Story is looking REALLY good, and I can't wait for the 14th to play through it all.

Honestly, that nerf to Teleport needed to happen. With how abusable it is for only 1 ap, id argue this is for the best. Was hinda hoping they would buff mages a little bit though.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by BraccusaurusRex
Originally Posted by Damashi

Honestly, that nerf to Teleport needed to happen. With how abusable it is for only 1 ap, id argue this is for the best. Was hinda hoping they would buff mages a little bit though.

I wasn't against toning it down, but I think they went a tiny bit too far. Just making it 2ap and 12 meters range would have been enough.

Last edited by Damashi; 22/08/17 05:59 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFv3SoC-WOc gamescom 2017 video uploaded to youtube.

journeyman
journeyman
The only thing im kinda concerned right now is that undeads have the "zombie" talent. Which wouldnt be good. (Source: skip to 12:16 in the video Damashi posted) I mean it could just be that Swen meant the zombie talent and not the undead race, but still.

Last edited by kcnik; 22/08/17 06:07 PM.

[Insert something funny here]
addict
addict
swen also mentioned something about the end of the game (what the game is all about). big spoiler for me (dont know, if you get this info in chap 1 already - i did not at least)

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by kcnik
The only thing im kinda concerned right now is that undeads have the "zombie" talent. Which wouldnt be good. (Source: skip to 12:16 in the video Damashi posted) I mean it could just be that Swen meant the zombie talent and not the undead race, but still.

Yeah this seems like a dangerous proposition. Hopefully they have some other really good racial passives/abilities to make up for this inconvenience. Also hopefully stuff like healing ritual can automatically ignore zombie characters. And necromancy skills can still heal.

Another thing to consider is that the undead origin is tied to shapeshifter, who will be able to polymorph to other races to probably avoid that healing malus (gaining their racial talents and stuff, losing the zombie talent temporarily), and then take advantage of poison when available as an undead, assuming it's only like a 1 AP to change race. And I think it was mentioned somewhere non-origin undead will be able to at least shapeshift into their own race.

So between these factors and hopeful changes, Zombie should be a manageable, if not a very strong racial talent. Assuming it's actually the zombie talent, and not just "healing hurts you."

The teleport change to 2 AP and 10m range is a lot, but probably just about what it needed. Maybe 12m would be okay. It'll still be very good when you have height advantage.

Last edited by Baardvark; 22/08/17 06:43 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Not at all happy to hear that they've crippled teleport. It was one of the few actually fun things about combat.

J'aime le fromage.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Sorry Vometia but Teleport would still be here and just as powerful but with a tiny bit less range and a higher ap cost smile

I feel the change was needed smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by 4verse
swen also mentioned something about the end of the game (what the game is all about). big spoiler for me (dont know, if you get this info in chap 1 already - i did not at least)

He doesn't mention anything you can't find in act 1 by some means.

L
addict
addict
L
I missed the big reveal of the undead? Was there another video?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by LostSoul
I missed the big reveal of the undead? Was there another video?

Just a passing comment by Swen in the video.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Baardvark

Also hopefully stuff like healing ritual can automatically ignore zombie characters. And necromancy skills can still heal.

Ha! If you remember in early EA using the blanket roll would kill you. But I really doubt healing ritual would work, in the current iteration of zombie any healing potions/spells damage you. Necromacy probably would because it does currently work when you have the zombie talent, and from a RP view it makes sense as well.

Another thing to consider is that the undead origin is tied to shapeshifter, who will be able to polymorph to other races to probably avoid that healing malus (gaining their racial talents and stuff, losing the zombie talent temporarily)

I haven't read that, but I honestly haven't looked either. However, that seems really OP to be able to change into other races and gain their traits. Has Larian stated somewhere this is how it is going to work?

The teleport change to 2 AP and 10m range is a lot, but probably just about what it needed. Maybe 12m would be okay. It'll still be very good when you have height advantage.

One more reason to choose Far Out Man honestly. Also if you have any sort of height advantage your casting range is increased (too much IMO) significantly. You can still use elemental affinity to lower it to one if people want to be like it was.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by vometia
Not at all happy to hear that they've crippled teleport. It was one of the few actually fun things about combat.

Give Netherswap a shot. It adds another fun layer to battlefield setup.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I'm really loving the new art they have for both blood and fire. smile

GMAddon1: Adds almost every single monster and NPC from the main campaign into GM mode, plus a few large custom maps to use in GM mode.
A
A
Originally Posted by kcnik

Yeah this seems like a dangerous proposition. Hopefully they have some other really good racial passives/abilities to make up for this inconvenience. Also hopefully stuff like healing ritual can automatically ignore zombie characters. And necromancy skills can still heal.

Another thing to consider is that the undead origin is tied to shapeshifter, who will be able to polymorph to other races to probably avoid that healing malus (gaining their racial talents and stuff, losing the zombie talent temporarily), and then take advantage of poison when available as an undead, assuming it's only like a 1 AP to change race. And I think it was mentioned somewhere non-origin undead will be able to at least shapeshift into their own race.

So between these factors and hopeful changes, Zombie should be a manageable, if not a very strong racial talent. Assuming it's actually the zombie talent, and not just "healing hurts you."

that disguise is only for out of combat use (so they dont get immediately attacked while walking thru town) it will break when combat starts reverting you back to undead status.

Last edited by vometia; 23/08/17 07:25 PM. Reason: formatting
L
addict
addict
L
I'm confused. If you undead into a elf get Extra fines equip a powerful bow. You go into combat,revealing undead race? Then you can't equip your bow? Maybe the mask only changes your appearance. That seems easier to manage

A
A
The mask gives you all race abilities as if you were that class outside of combat... but in combat the mask comes off and your back to undead (the mask is mostly so npcs in town dont attack you being undead and all)

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard