#607931 24/08/17 08:54 AM
Y
Yuhnis Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Y
Hi Tinkerer,

I looked all over the scripts in public shared folder.

However I saw only one PLAY_DEAD status on base char script and changing the script doesnt do anything inside the game if a party member is dead as still taking PLAY_DEAD status.

1-You told about Osiris story scripts so its placed in different location so where are those script files ?

Files in story ?
RawFiles\Goals ? for txt codes ?

GLO_GameOverLogic.txt will be enough to work it out for dead game menu right ?

For Resurrection code ? ;

DB_GLO_Origins_ResurrectingFromScriptOnEnteringFortJoyFromTutorial(_Char);
CharacterResurrect(_Char);
TeleportTo(_Char,_Trigger);

Coding TXT scripts will work in game ?

Thanks and Best Regards;

Last edited by Yuhnis; 24/08/17 09:20 AM.
Yuhnis #607952 24/08/17 05:10 PM
T
addict
addict
T
As I mentioned in my previous message: please explain what you want to do, then I can tell you what is possible and how you may be able to do it.

These TXT scripts are indeed the Osiris/Story scripts, and you will be able to create custom ones for mods.

Yuhnis #607954 24/08/17 05:16 PM
Y
Yuhnis Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Y
Hello again Tinkerer,

I want to change the resurrection scroll to not resurrect party members in the party indeed
remove them from party for some test purposes.

I tried to change story code in GenericSceneManager and GLO_Origins but nothing happened

used codes on both story scripts;

IF
CharacterUsedSkillOnTarget(_,(CHARACTERGUID)_Origin,"Teleportation_ResurrectScroll",_)
THEN
CharacterDetachFromGroup(_Origin);
CharacterRemoveFromParty(_Origin);

Last edited by Yuhnis; 24/08/17 05:43 PM.
Yuhnis #607957 24/08/17 06:25 PM
T
addict
addict
T

I tried to change story code in GenericSceneManager and GLO_Origins but nothing happened

Behaviour scripts (*.charScript, *.itemScript, *.gameScript) are loaded and compiled by the game when it starts.

Story/Osiris scripts (*.txt) have to be compiled using the editor before the game starts (into a file called story.div.osi). You will have to wait for the official release before you can do that.

IF
CharacterUsedSkillOnTarget(_,(CHARACTERGUID)_Origin,"Teleportation_ResurrectScroll",_)
THEN
CharacterDetachFromGroup(_Origin);
CharacterRemoveFromParty(_Origin);

Instead of those two calls, you it will be better to use PROC_GLO_PartyMembers_Remove() when modding the main campaign. That routine handles several additional internal bookkeeping things, such as transferring all story items the dismissed character may be holding.

Tinkerer #607962 24/08/17 06:52 PM
Y
Yuhnis Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Y
Thanks Tinkerer and last question to you then ;

Ä°s there a charscript command to remove a died member from party within code below for now (for * script which one ?)

EVENT Resurrectscroll1
VARS
ON
OnCharacterUsedSkillOnMe(_Char,"Teleportation_ResurrectScroll")
ACTIONS
PROC_GLO_PartyMembers_Remove(__Me) *
CharacterDetachedFromGroup(__Me) *
CharacterRemovedFromParty(__Me) *
ENDIF

Last edited by Yuhnis; 24/08/17 07:09 PM.
Yuhnis #607968 24/08/17 08:21 PM
T
addict
addict
T
No, that can only be done from Story.

Yuhnis #607994 25/08/17 04:46 AM
Y
Yuhnis Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Y
Is there a charscript command that remove party member from party then ?

(Remove while alive without making dialog)

Thanks;

Yuhnis #608000 25/08/17 06:17 AM
T
addict
addict
T
No, that is not possible.

Yuhnis #608534 01/09/17 06:15 AM
Y
Yuhnis Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Y
Hi Tinkerer,

I looked down some codes when I found time and made a way trick down on script coding to make it possible without using osi story scripting. As I wrote with my changes in Polymorphing God. I will add the new changes soon to the mod.

Anway thanks for your help.

Yuhnis #608877 03/09/17 06:30 AM
Y
Yuhnis Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Y
Hello Tinkerer,

I need some help on scripting again;

1- What are the script command codes in an EVENT script for adding action points, Stat values (INT,WITS) , Maxhealth exc (1 or 2 example will be enough)

2- What is script command for ON * code in an EVENT script when a character hits another character I tried the on damage command but I am trying to add a series of statusapply effects on enemy when a player hit to another.

Thanks and best regards;

Yuhnis #608993 04/09/17 07:03 PM
old hand
old hand
You can see the list of available char scripts triggers and commands here:

http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=605357#Post605357

There is currently no command to add attributes, raise max health, but you can add action points with: CharacterAddActionPoints(CHARACTER:character, INT:amount).

OnDamage is a bit funky, in that it accepts only damage to vitality, I believe. In D:OS1, it also took a miss as counting as damage, but I'm not sure if that has changed. There isn't really a strict "OnHit" trigger I don't think.

Yuhnis #609207 06/09/17 01:07 PM
Y
Yuhnis Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Y
However there is oncriticalhit command , onmiss and onblock but there is no onhit command as its strange. ondamage script is not enough to determine who damaged ? question in its variables too.

Its a great missing char command for this kind of game hope they will put it to make us go further levels on scripting.

I am now working on unique Enchanter class for item enchantment spells , permenant & temporary enchantments with many status appliers,with nice effects.Enchanting weapons at special skills to make a talking weapon as be a companion with you. Hope scripting language commands will not fail this time.

Yuhnis #609211 06/09/17 01:40 PM
A
addict
addict
A
D:OS 1 (D:OS 2 as well, I guess) has a HIT status that can be catched with 'OnCharacterStatus'; the source can be returned with 'CharacterGetStatusSourceCharacter' (returning items doesn't work in D:OS 1, as far as I see). Similar to OnDamage, miss and block count as HIT, too; both skills and weapons can HIT. But maybe it doesn't ignore HITs to armour.
Maybe you could elaborate what you want to achieve; I'm not sure what you are looking for.

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
Yuhnis #609219 06/09/17 03:54 PM
Y
Yuhnis Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Y
But actually as in my mod I already used ondamage, oncriticalhit and onmiss commands and works like expected with %25 chance to apply status effects on avatar or enemy.But without any status effect applied to a char how can you return the char who was damaged by your avatar. If ondamage command have a variable like target:source then it can be solved without any more commands i think.

Also Ondamage command works even char takes any kind of damage as armor or vitality.

Last edited by Yuhnis; 06/09/17 03:57 PM.
Yuhnis #609223 06/09/17 04:19 PM
A
addict
addict
A
OnDamage does return the source of damage, s. Norbyte's list Baardvark linked above (same in D:OS 1):

OnDamage(DAMAGE:type, FLOAT:percentage, CHARACTER:source, ITEM:source)
Thrown when the object receives damage

You just have to add the OnDamage EVENT to the target's script (e. g. the 'Base' script if this shall apply to all characters in game) and let the character apply the status on himself if the source is a player (or any condition you like).

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
Yuhnis #609226 06/09/17 04:47 PM
old hand
old hand
Also, since even a miss seems to count as damage (at least in D:OS1), you need an IF check to see if the damage is greater then 0 (or is not equal to 0, if you want instances where you actually heal a character with damage to count).

Yuhnis #609276 07/09/17 06:35 AM
Y
Yuhnis Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Y
Abraxas , Ondamage returns only the Source char. As its already working in my mod like you mentioned.

Baardvark, Different approach Onmiss command if its counted as damage so this can work because there is a Char:Target variable. Nice then I can use it like a on hit smile

Below you can see where I used them its in 2. in Scripting Changes topic ;

HARDCORE MOD - Polymorphing God 3.0.77.309

Hard Core gameplay with making the game non-level difference with no vitality level ups. So Every enemy is like real and hard with many changes.

Added new race called Blood Elf & Bloodmorph Class with 7 unique skills...

1-Summon Unique creatures, curse your enemy, power yourself or Turn your alies a demon to aid you.

2-You can gain source point and a unique Power with your polymorphing skills.

3-You can summon Blood Spider and Blood Heart to be a pet with you. also they can create 3 items of orbs.

Scripting Changes;

1-Blood leech skill have %25 chance to make your target ally for 60 seconds.

2-When you play as Blood Elf race with using your Godhood skills,There is a %25 random chance of using your godly Powers. When you miss a target then Godly luck can be awaken to turn your target into chicken for 1 turn. When you hit a critical strike then Godly strike can be awaken your target can be knockdown and get negative effects for 2 turns. When you are damaged by enemy, Godly save can be awaken so your armors & vitality can be healed.but your dead is permanent and you cannot be resurrected.(Game is over when you die)

3-Companions must be raised in 120 seconds before they go to Death's Door. (Displayed a text before permanently gone & some nice effects with true death)

4- Resurrection scroll price is x10 times expensive and when you resurrect an ally before they died permanently they have a heavy permanent injury with related to their death type and constitution will have a chance to lower the effect.

Last edited by Yuhnis; 07/09/17 06:52 AM.
Yuhnis #609409 07/09/17 10:43 PM
old hand
old hand
OnDamage makes "__Me" as the character who is damaged. Basically read it as saying OnDamageMe. The inconsistency with OnHit and the like is definitely confusing.

Yuhnis #609935 11/09/17 11:47 AM
Y
Yuhnis Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Y
Also removing an amount of item or gold from inventory on a condition seems little bit buggy too.

Updated***

5-If Resurrection scroll is used on another corpse that is not in the party then you can reanimate a corpse to make a demon pact with the soul of the dead to aid you in battles.

6-When you activated your godly skills you can transform into other races for 25 turns to use their racial skills , visuals and other story conversation based stuff.

Last edited by Yuhnis; 11/09/17 11:49 AM.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard