Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
veteran
veteran
Larian asked for modders to go to Belgium to discuss the tool. What became of it?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
Larian asked for modders to go to Belgium to discuss the tool. What became of it?

It happened.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Windemere

It happened.

No really. I had no idea. So I guess their valuable feedback was taken into account?

T
addict
addict
T

It happened.

No really. I had no idea. So I guess their valuable feedback was taken into account?

They used the editor for a week and created some small mods in that period. They're under NDA, so they can't discuss the details. However, having them over definitely helped improve the tool and overall modding flow. Maybe even some new scripting APIs will come out of it.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tinkerer

It happened.

They used the editor for a week and created some small mods in that period. They're under NDA, so they can't discuss the details. However, having them over definitely helped improve the tool and overall modding flow. Maybe even some new scripting APIs will come out of it.

That's the answer I was looking for. Specifically, I am hoping user input allowed the editor to be more user-friendly.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm hoping the wall editor works better than it did in the first game.

GMAddon1: Adds almost every single monster and NPC from the main campaign into GM mode, plus a few large custom maps to use in GM mode.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter777
I'm hoping the wall editor works better than it did in the first game.

That was the only thing I found somewhat annoying, especially the roofs.
Still a great concept though.

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
N
old hand
old hand
N
Is the game shipped with the modding tools or we have to download them from somewhere? And will they be available from day one?

N
norD Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
N
Originally Posted by Nyanko
Is the game shipped with the modding tools or we have to download them from somewhere? And will they be available from day one?

Yes, it's shipped with the game on day 1.

N
old hand
old hand
N
I wonder if it is possible to change how races and origins work so their racial skill, racial power, and origin power become selectable by the player.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by courtney0calen
There have already been a few of us in the Game Master forums talking about potential custom campaigns, so yes we have some NWN veterans kicking around... from what bits we have heard it sounds like the new modding tool will be far better than the first one.

Thanks for the reply, Windemere. New to the forums, but very excited to hear that there are other veteran NWN modders here.

I just learned about this game and planned modding tool, and came to check it out. As another veteran NWN modder, I too find it intriguing and would like to learn more.

Last edited by vometia; 14/09/17 01:37 AM. Reason: formatting

Tony Andarian is the author of the Sanctum of the Archmage epic fantasy novels and games.
old hand
old hand
Good to see you, Andarian! (JasonNH from the old NWN2 community)

Last edited by Windemere; 14/09/17 10:14 AM.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by norD
Originally Posted by Nyanko

Yes, it's shipped with the game on day 1.

Is this still the case?

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
With the Modding tools being delayed, has anyone found any semblance of a developer console as of yet? It was mentioned in this thread multiple times, but no word of it since.

old hand
old hand
There will be a console, but I believe it will come with the editor. Editor will probably be released today or tomorrow.

apprentice
apprentice
We can already download the tools from steam in Library-Tools.

\o/

Last edited by Rada Torment; 15/09/17 04:54 PM.
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
With the editor out, anyone got news on console commands?

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
With a bit of digging answered my own question.

To activate console commands both for the base game and the editor - navigate to your Divinity Engine2 Directory, and find ReCon.exe. This is a remote utility for entering console commands. The commands can be found here:
https://docs.larian.game/Command_list

On this page there is a broken link to commands relating to givetreasure, as seen here: http://fileserver-dmz/mediawiki/index.php/Give_armor_and_skills

Will be testing them now, I'll report back with anything interesting.

Edit: My bad folks, it looks like ReCon.exe was never meant to work with the SP, and the wiki page has changed to specify as such.

Last edited by zulu2502; 15/09/17 08:05 PM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
Is there any word on when Plug-in API for Editor/Modding will be released for expanding Editor/Modding capability?

For starter, I am interested in making a script engine that run on CoreCLR so we could use C# for scripting our mods. At least this way, we can take advantage of Object Oriented Programming, Intellisense Support in Visual Studio and other IDE, and so forth.

C
C
Originally Posted by BlackCentipede
Is there any word on when Plug-in API for Editor/Modding will be released for expanding Editor/Modding capability?

For starter, I am interested in making a script engine that run on CoreCLR so we could use C# for scripting our mods. At least this way, we can take advantage of Object Oriented Programming, Intellisense Support in Visual Studio and other IDE, and so forth.

I would love this I would like to at least be able to create these features

- greyscale heightmap importer
- Dungeon map creator

examples

-https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/prefab/area/terrain-importer-3-v123
-https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/other/tool/nwn2mapper-taken-sothis-b?qt-recent=0

(ok first one is mine ...)

Last edited by Celludriel; 17/09/17 08:22 AM.
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard