Print Thread
#608122 27/08/17 02:59 PM
D
Darksky Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I'd like to share my opinion on those 2 classes, but i'm also interested in what you think, so let me know if i'm wrong.

So I don't really understand why Inq starts with Necro(for lifesteal, maybe?) AND a staff. And here's why: to make use of almost all Necro spells you need to take down physical armor(Decay and Shackles being 2 most important for me), but you deal Magical damage instead. Warfare also increases your physical damage, and somewhat relies on CC which is physical-based.

My suggestion would be to give a Inquisitor a nice 2-handed sword\mace or maybe even dual axe like battlemage has and instead of +int maybe give some +const.

Really, Battlemage is like visa-versa. He gets some nice axe, but his spells are elemental. So it would make much more sense for a battlemage to start with a staff.

And yes, i know that i can create and change whatever and however i want, and those classes are basically your starting equipment, nevertheless those changes could help some new players with character creation.

Zec Offline
Originally Posted by Darksky

My suggestion would be to give a Inquisitor a nice 2-handed sword\mace or maybe even dual axe like battlemage has and instead of +int maybe give some +const.

This is my total subjective opinion, but my first picture image that I have in head when you say inquisitor, is guy in red cloth with some dark staff standing still and mumbling some dark spells, I do not imagine some fella in heavy armor with sword or axe charging at the enemies (imo even charge skill for Inquisitor is too much)
Battlemage has equipment exactly as needed as he can send his weapons to levitate towards enemies but Inquisitor is more like to leech blood from enemies or throw fireballs on them.
Asking Inquisitor to have swords and axes is making a freaking barbarian out of him.

Last edited by vometia; 30/08/17 06:52 AM. Reason: formatting

made in Betanija
enthusiast
enthusiast
Both are hybrid classes so they will rely on both magic and physical damages.
I agree about the inquisitor however, I did start a game with an inquisitor and got him a two handed weapon as soon as I could.

But maybe those are not what Larian had in mind at first.

Zec Offline
Larian folks said that starting points are not locked classes. They are just points distributed on best ways for those current classes by their opinion. What I mean is that for example at char creation screen redistribute all points on ways how suit you best. I mean anyway you start game itself without anything so you are free to make character at your own desire.

made in Betanija
D
Darksky Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Zec
Larian folks said that starting points are not locked classes. They are just points distributed on best ways for those current classes by their opinion.

Yes, and my problem is that those point are distributed BAD.
It's not even mediocre to build a hybrid character like that, you would literary be a damage sponge if you will continue to play like that, and that is my problem.

But whatever man, inquisitor can be like a necro+pyro with a staff and still be better than the current one.

stranger
stranger
Honestly, I'd switch their starting weapons or skills.
Inquisitor with warfare(Whirlwind, phoenix dive and Blitz attack work well), aero and a staff is great fun. Int based (Though staves have poor damage and most enemies have resistances where as very few has negative resistances, meaning staves are just worse swords.) With some close range spells such as the shocking touch or blinding radiance.

Battlemage is a poor concept. A character splitting their Int/Str will just be bad at both rather than being good at one, which, in the EA is much more relevant. Few npc's have extreme disparities in armor, and when they do, It barely matters. Also, If a character has 50 phys armor, 50 magical armor, and resistances, physical is superior as they cannot be mitigated by %.
Though, if battlemage was "Death knight" or such with Necromancy and warfare, now that'd just make a lot more sense while working well, too. Using necromancy utility like Shackles/Blood sucker/ Decaying touch, and have access to necromancy lifesteal for the basic attacks and warfare skills.

D
Darksky Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I think i saw changed inquisitor in the last kickstarter update video. Guess they had the same idea.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard