Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 44 of 52 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 51 52
Support
Support

He should be on the beach regardless of the events of the tutorial, just like the player character (and the other origin characters, inside Fort Joy).

S
stranger
stranger
S
You're right. So I guess the best way to get extra XP is to kill everyone in the first area? Because there are no consequences? I think your choices should matter even from the beginning.

Support
Support

The companions' initial attitudes and dialogue do depend on the events in the tutorial level (though I don't think they distinguish between you deliberately killing them and leaving them to die; there were enough dialogue permutations based on whether you spoke to them, whether you went back to save them and whether they made it to the lifeboat or were killed).

C
stranger
stranger
C
I just tried the game again after purposely not playing for a while now and couldn't....There is no character at character creation and then even if I muddle through that when the game starts there is big areas that are covered in black and can't be seen making it unplayable.

Will try to get some screenshots after I get out of work later today.

Last edited by Carfanatic; 28/08/17 07:31 AM.
Support
Support

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game?

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin 2 in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.

If applicable, disable Steam cloud support either globally (in the client click on the Steam menu and select Settings, and then Cloud) or just for this game (in the library right click Divinity: Original Sin 2 and select Properties, then switch to the Updates tab and check the Steam Cloud section).
Alternately, exit out of the Steam client, or Galaxy for GOG, and just start the game directly from the executable when required.

Next, try browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder and rename the 'Divinity Original Sin 2' subfolder.
This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different Windows user account would effectively do the same thing. With Steam / Galaxy running and cloud support enabled, the client would just download the cloud copy of your existing profile.
After that, start D:OS 2, create a new profile when prompted and see if you have the same problem starting a new game.

If that doesn't make a difference, you can delete the new My Documents D:OS 2 folder and (if applicable) rename the original back again.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hi,

I encountered a bug where one party member would never trigger combat and i could kill everyone while they weren't in combat. To trigger this exploit i killed Sebille on the tutorial ship after the sourcerer escaped but before the voidvoken attacked. in other words i witness the sourcerer escape and went back to kill off Sebille. i continute rescuing the ship down stairs and later was suprised to find her alive stalking that lizard. i took her withme and she still was robbed of her belongings but would never encounter any battles.

Hope that helps fixing the problem.

Best regards!

Demiurgus

Last edited by Demiurgus; 28/08/17 12:41 PM.
Support
Support

This is a known issue which will be fixed in the release.

stranger
stranger
in one of the maps for arena mode there's a game mode option for "deathmatch with monsters". ( http://i.imgur.com/iTAeOpV.png ) it's no different then the normal deathmatch game mode for the same map, but at the end it doesn't register that combat is over. the surviving character(s) on the winning team are the only ones in the combat queue. ( http://i.imgur.com/RMYW5ai.jpg ) no matter how many turns you cycle through, be it by passing them or consuming your AP fully, combat never seems to end. it happens every time i launch this map in this game mode.

Last edited by Tami; 28/08/17 07:01 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
Almost every time we launch game, debug profile loads instead of relugar profile and cannot be switched to regular profile. We had to create secondary profiles and copy saves (and profile configurations) back and forth between those two profiles to be able to play.

Really annoying and it is happening almost every time.

E
stranger
stranger
E
A player order indicator bugs a lot. Sometimes it seems that it got stuck or showing wrong or past order. Even the current player is wrong.

Last time I played Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition it had the very same bug. I really can't believe it was not yet fixed for the Divinity: Original Sin 2.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Companios left me on a ship and forgot they were my companions.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by eXander
Companios left me on a ship and forgot they were my companions.

You have to find them and talk to them so they join your party again.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Raze

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game?

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin 2 in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.

If applicable, disable Steam cloud support either globally (in the client click on the Steam menu and select Settings, and then Cloud) or just for this game (in the library right click Divinity: Original Sin 2 and select Properties, then switch to the Updates tab and check the Steam Cloud section).
Alternately, exit out of the Steam client, or Galaxy for GOG, and just start the game directly from the executable when required.

Next, try browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder and rename the 'Divinity Original Sin 2' subfolder.
This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different Windows user account would effectively do the same thing. With Steam / Galaxy running and cloud support enabled, the client would just download the cloud copy of your existing profile.
After that, start D:OS 2, create a new profile when prompted and see if you have the same problem starting a new game.

If that doesn't make a difference, you can delete the new My Documents D:OS 2 folder and (if applicable) rename the original back again.

I don't run antivirus while gaming so that's not a problem.

Tried the verify files on Steam first it said it found 1 file and would re-download it turned off the steam cloud backup features....same results after.

Re-named the documents/larian studio/D:O2 Folder tried running the game no steam client running; created a new profile when the game started...same results.

Uninstalled the game deleted all folders on my computer related to D:O2 Reinstalled game and then exited steam and ran the game from the exe....same results.

Tried downloading the game on a completely different computer and then closing steam afterwards disabling internet and then running with the exe...same results.

Will put together a new computer tomorrow with Intel CPU and put Windows 7 on it both computers thus far I have tried are Windows 10 with AMD CPUs tired of not getting it to work tonight.

Tried to get a screenshot but the shot only shows black for the game....which isn't much more than I can actually see when I go to play it. Menus come up and show fine but other than the mini map thing in the upper right and a little bit of ship I can see in the upper left not much else.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Carfanatic

I don't run antivirus while gaming so that's not a problem.

Tried the verify files on Steam first it said it found 1 file and would re-download it turned off the steam cloud backup features....same results after.

Re-named the documents/larian studio/D:O2 Folder tried running the game no steam client running; created a new profile when the game started...same results.

Uninstalled the game deleted all folders on my computer related to D:O2 Reinstalled game and then exited steam and ran the game from the exe....same results.

Tried downloading the game on a completely different computer and then closing steam afterwards disabling internet and then running with the exe...same results.

Will put together a new computer tomorrow with Intel CPU and put Windows 7 on it both computers thus far I have tried are Windows 10 with AMD CPUs tired of not getting it to work tonight.

Tried to get a screenshot but the shot only shows black for the game....which isn't much more than I can actually see when I go to play it. Menus come up and show fine but other than the mini map thing in the upper right and a little bit of ship I can see in the upper left not much else.

Did you make sure you did not select a specific beta version in the steam options ?

I have an AMD on windows 10, no problem so far but only got the game with the latest alpha build, never had to dl a patch.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Tami
in one of the maps for arena mode there's a game mode option for "deathmatch with monsters".

Someone else reported this a while ago, but I could not reproduce the problem on the same map and mode. In any case, I don't think the 'with monsters' mode will be included with the release.

Almost every time we launch game, debug profile loads

Generally, the Debug_Client_Profile_1 profile is created if you start the game again when it is already running (to test something in co-op on a single computer, or create multiple custom party members).

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game? There are anti-virus programs that have interfered with D:OS and D:OS 2 creating or accessing folders in the My Documents folder.

If you click on Profiles in the main menu, can you select the original profile (left click or the up/down arrow keys), so the text colour turns red, then switch by clicking the Select button or hitting Enter?
What about creating a new profile, and then try switching to the original, rather than transfer saves?

If you exit out of the game, you can manually delete the 'Debug_Client_Profile_1' profile folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\PlayerProfiles' folder.

If the problem persists after that, try starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\bin\EoCApp.exe' program file, by right clicking and running as administrator. If that makes a difference, right click the executable, select properties, switch to the Compatibility tab and set it to always run as administrator.

A player order indicator bugs a lot.

This should be fixed in the release.

Originally Posted by Carfanatic
Menus come up and show fine but other than the mini map thing in the upper right and a little bit of ship I can see in the upper left not much else.

Disable the 3D Stereoscopic option in your nvidia Control Panel (right click an open area of the desktop to start it).
A few people have had this issue in D:OS EE, as well, with the UI ok but the game screen shifted up and to the right (or just a black screen, depending on the game resolution), due to that option.

To use the Print Screen button, or standard screenshot programs, you need to switch the game to a windowed display mode. In fullscreen, you need a program specifically designed to handle games, such as the screenshot functions build into the Steam client, or Fraps (video capture software).

C
stranger
stranger
C
[/quote]

Did you make sure you did not select a specific beta version in the steam options ?

I have an AMD on windows 10, no problem so far but only got the game with the latest alpha build, never had to dl a patch. [/quote]

Just verified opt out of all beta is selected for D:O2

Will try more stuff to try to get it to run if I don't have to work too long today.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Almost every time we launch game, debug profile loads

Generally, the Debug_Client_Profile_1 profile is created if you start the game again when it is already running (to test something in co-op on a single computer, or create multiple custom party members).

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game? There are anti-virus programs that have interfered with D:OS and D:OS 2 creating or accessing folders in the My Documents folder.

If you click on Profiles in the main menu, can you select the original profile (left click or the up/down arrow keys), so the text colour turns red, then switch by clicking the Select button or hitting Enter?
What about creating a new profile, and then try switching to the original, rather than transfer saves?

If you exit out of the game, you can manually delete the 'Debug_Client_Profile_1' profile folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\PlayerProfiles' folder.

If the problem persists after that, try starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\bin\EoCApp.exe' program file, by right clicking and running as administrator. If that makes a difference, right click the executable, select properties, switch to the Compatibility tab and set it to always run as administrator.

I basically tried everything you are suggesting, except for running it as admin. I also a have clean install of Windows 10 and my PC is exclusively used for gaming, so there isn't much software installed (basically Steam, Origin, GOG Galaxy).
Restarting game, creating other profiles and trying to switch, etc - nothing worked. Only solution I found is to create a new profile and transfer saves and when this profile stops working, copy saves back to the original and so on.

I suggest removing the check alltogether or add option to force open anyway. What is the reason for this anyway? Average user wound not be able to solve this problem at all and will loose his saves.

A player order indicator bugs a lot.

This should be fixed in the release.

Thanks god!

Support
Support

Deleting or renaming the folder will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different Windows user account would effectively do the same thing. With Steam / Galaxy running and cloud support enabled, the client would just download the cloud copy of your existing profile.
After that, start D:OS 2, create a new profile, exit and copy the saves from the renamed folder to the newly created profile's savegames folder, then test if recreating folder structure and configuration files makes a difference.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to start the Task Manager (Ctrl-Shift-Esc) after exiting the game, and make sure it is gone from the Applications tab.

E
stranger
stranger
E

Deleting or renaming the folder will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different Windows user account would effectively do the same thing. With Steam / Galaxy running and cloud support enabled, the client would just download the cloud copy of your existing profile.
After that, start D:OS 2, create a new profile, exit and copy the saves from the renamed folder to the newly created profile's savegames folder, then test if recreating folder structure and configuration files makes a difference.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to start the Task Manager (Ctrl-Shift-Esc) after exiting the game, and make sure it is gone from the Applications tab.

I disabled Steam cloud and deleted configuration (Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2) folder. I launched the game and as soon as I created new profile it directly went into debug profile (exander). I had to create another profile (exander2). Than I turned off the game, launched the game again. I went to debug mode again and I was unable to load last used profile (exander2), but the first profile (exander) loaded fine. Then I turned off the game, launched the game again. I went to debug mode again and I was unable to load last used profile (exander), but the second profile (exander2) loaded fine and so on.

It means, I am never able to load profile I used the last. It behaves the same for other Windows users. Based on Steam and Task Manager Divinity is not running when it is turned off. Running it directly (outside Steam) does not change behaviour at all.

So this is completely bugged and I think profile is not correctly closed when turning off the game or something like that. Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition does not have this problem.

Support
Support

It must be a problem getting the profile information when starting the game, that it thinks the default profile is in use...

If you rename or delete the '..Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\PlayerProfiles\playerprofiles.lsb' file before starting the game, does it bring up a list of profiles on startup, allow you to select one to use and proceed normally after that (at least until you restart)?

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Click Start, or hit WinKey-R, type in msconfig and hit enter; in the General tab, click Selective Startup, uncheck Load startup items (if required) and leave Load system services and Use original boot configuration options checked. Next, click on the Services tab, check the box to Hide all Microsoft services, then click the Disable All button (maybe make a note of which are currently enabled/disabled), then click OK and reboot the computer.
Run msconfig again to switch back to the normal boot configuration.

Page 44 of 52 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 51 52

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard