Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
As most people know, humans currently have a talent that gives them 2 wits and +3% crit chance. However, take a look at this screenshot of the latest update:
[Linked Image]
Notice how her wits is at 10 which is the default amount. Assuming dwarfs/lisards/elves still have their default talent bonuses, its seems very likely the humans new racial bonus is +2 constitution. Now the only question, is +2 constitution better than +2 wits and +3% crit chance? What do you think?

Last edited by BraccusaurusRex; 31/08/17 05:11 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Maybe it is twice a +1 to any attribute to reflect humnan diversity. I would like that!

Last edited by Redunzgofasta; 31/08/17 05:29 PM.

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
A
A
I would love if it was 2 free attribute points to spend wherever you wanted.. it would make humans adaptable which they should be.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I prefer Wits and crit chance frown

stranger
stranger
2 extra attribute points to spend would make humans much more worthwile!

I think we did it guys... The worm's dead.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Pretty good catch. Of course there's no way to know for certain if it's +2 con until we get the latest patch, but it does indeed seem like it. To my knowledge there aren't any other races that get a CON stat bonus either, so it's definitely plausible.
With that being said I wouldn't be surprised it it's a bonus to something else though. I was kind of expecting undeads to get a CON bonus, but I won't rule out humans just yet.

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Constitution is the least useful stat

stranger
stranger
I was hoping they'd do something like that for all of the races, but having it for human alone would make sense. I could live with it if that's the way they're taking things. We'll have to see though.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by ElectricCraze
2 extra attribute points to spend would make humans much more worthwile!

^ this. Actually wish we could pick our bonus for your character from all the racial abilities. Not all of us are going to make crit build humans.. or sneaking Dwarfs ^_^

Last edited by Ellary; 31/08/17 11:28 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Looking at the livestream, about 1:10, when they level up to 2, it looks to me like they've removed all the racial stat bonuses.

Every character has only 3 point put into stats.

Fane: +2 Int, +1 Con
Custom Undead Lizard Wizard: +2 Int, +1 Con
Red Prince: +1 Str, +1 Int, +1 Con
Lohse: +2 Fin, +1 Int

Looks like a huge overhaul to me.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Nuked
Looking at the livestream, about 1:10, when they level up to 2, it looks to me like they've removed all the racial stat bonuses.

Every character has only 3 point put into stats.

Fane: +2 Int, +1 Con
Custom Undead Lizard Wizard: +2 Int, +1 Con
Red Prince: +1 Str, +1 Int, +1 Con
Lohse: +2 Fin, +1 Int

Looks like a huge overhaul to me.

It's worthwhile to mention that Red Prince's +1 strength came from equipment. It does indeed look like some of the racial stats have been reallocated though. Previously lizards had +2 INT instead of +1 INT and +1 CON. At first I thought it was because picking one of the 'class' presets rearranged your stats, but that's definitely not possible since characters like Lohse still would receive additional wits from the current racial talent.
Personally I'd be happy to see racial stat bonuses removed altogether but this is fine as well. Even though the +1 or +2 stat bonuses become completely irrelevant after two or three levels it still slightly encourages min/maxing.

journeyman
journeyman
@Bukke Red Prince actually has "+2 Str" when they do the upgrade, +1 coming from an item so I left it out of my summary.

I am sure that racial stats are gone, going by the result we see in the livestream:

Custom = Wizard = +2 Int +1 Con
Red Prince = Inquisitor = +1 Str +1 Int +1 Con (and then +1 Str from item)
Fane = Enchanter = +2 Int +1 Con
Lohse = Wayfarer = +2 Fin +1 Int

enthusiast
enthusiast
Huh, you're right. I somehow missed that he still had +1 STR.
I'm not too sure about racial stats being gone though, all four of them have a total of three additional points to various stats. The two undead characters also both have the same bonus stats.
The only thing that seems certain to me is that they no longer have the current stat distributions.

journeyman
journeyman
You are right it could be 2 points distributed by race (since we do have the 2 undeads with similar classes and the same stats so hard to be 100% certain how those points got assigned) and then 1 point by class (or manual).

But I would find it very strange if only 1 point was distributed via class preset / manual at character creation. Regardless, some very big changes.

And then... does the undead count as a separate race? Since you have to be an undead version of an existing race. That means that both Fane and Lohse are technically human (Fane is human based) and DarthSmurf and Red Prince are both lizards.

I think that is a powerful pointer to them having removed race stats.

stranger
stranger
As I got that. There is no racial points, but now it depends on class. You can see it on the stream at 00:12:34 when Swen goes to "Preset" tab and you can see that it says "Wizard" Attributes which can be changed (in that case +2 Int and +1 Con) and also you are able to change combat AND civil abilities.

Tried to get all about this changes. Seems like for alive races they still have that +civil point like Bartering for Humans (can be seen on lvl up point distribution at 01:11:45)

But I have new question. Since we have 3 ability points to distribute by our own will without depending on race, what does those racial talents give us now? On character creation we see that Lizards are still Sophisticated and Humans are Ingenious.

Also, you can see that for Undeads they receive exactly those talents and not those that give you +Civil ability. EXCEPT for Undead Elves, they have Corpse Eater.

L
addict
addict
L
As per the forum header
"Humans have a new combat talent! "
Is that the protection dome? Does all non origins get that now?

On the latest twitch stream, during character creation, all of the custom origins had the new Dome of Protection skill.

old hand
old hand
If they changed + 2 Wits to +2 Constitution, that would be quite a terrible thing, as Wits is much more worth. If they removed all racial boni, that might also be a bad thing, because they bowed to "it's unbalanced" and "multiplayer-friendly". Which was always the nemesis to interesting diversity.

In the end it is really minor to me. As long as they do not change the visuals or the party customization possibilities, I'm fine with anything.

A
A
Originally Posted by Kresky
On the latest twitch stream, during character creation, all of the custom origins had the new Dome of Protection skill.

all custom characters have dome of protection (to make up for the fact custom characters dont have an origin specific ability)

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
I'm confused, will the release on September 14th be the collector's edition or will that come later?

Thanks,
LS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard