Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
The Undead also heal via poison and are poisoned by healing potions.

If this applies to healing magic and bless and not just potions... then this is a completely idiotic gameplay decision. It completely fucks up teamplay between living and undead party members, and it will force non-undead to tailor THEIR builds specifically to supporting the undead party member.

What a complete waste of a stretch goal.

Maybe if a mod comes out which replaces the godawful, worthless, actively harmful Zombie Talent with a non-idiotic, non-shitty one, then I might try it. Not before.

Last edited by Stabbey; 31/08/17 09:42 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Dude later in the game poison become a much MUCH more effective way of healing, in OS1 I picked up zombie talent for all of the party and it was hilarious.

Not to mention all you need to create poison potions is empty bottles and an ooze barrel which I always had in my inventory.

Zec Offline
If you cast healing potion in party for aoe it will not influence undeads and vice versa. So in human/undead parties you still can use aoe healing spells no problems

made in Betanija
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
It was really simple to make a Talent for the Undead playable characters which did not fuck up teamplay. I even gave a suggestion for such months ago when this first came up.

Resilient Body: +5 permanent Physical armor per level.

The fact that they still went with the idea that fucks up teamplay in this CO-OP-FOCUSED GAME is ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Amrael
Dude later in the game poison become a much MUCH more effective way of healing, in OS1 I picked up zombie talent for all of the party and it was hilarious.

Not to mention all you need to create poison potions is empty bottles and an ooze barrel which I always had in my inventory.

Don't talk about how it worked in D:OS 1. This is not D:OS 1. D:OS 2 is different in many important ways, such as available skills and increased amounts of AoE skills (which includes FIRE). You do not get to use D:OS 1 gameplay to claim to be an authority on D:OS 2, never mind late-game D:OS 2.

Originally Posted by Zec
If you cast healing potion in party for aoe it will not influence undeads and vice versa. So in human/undead parties you still can use aoe healing spells no problems

Maybe, but it's still a big problem because it forces non-undeads to waste skill slots on abilities just to heal undead.

L
addict
addict
L
Hi stabbey
I agree with your sentiment
I never picked zombie talent.
If I want to role play an undead I have no choice
If u see undead use 2 first aid spells= dead

I was considering undead assasins. You can have corpse eater with Elvin undead. Interesting

enthusiast
enthusiast
It's bad, but it's not worth slinging insults like this. The talent has tis place, AoE heals don't seem to hit the undead party members, and poison is easy to come by.

stranger
stranger
It's honestly not as bad as you're making it out to be. The dev team are simply following the rules of D&D-styled undead with this one, and it's obvious that a lot of Div's systems pay homage to D&D, so I can't see how this really surprises anyone. It's not going to end mixed party play between the living and undead, it just means that you'll need to use different tactics to keep each of your party members 'alive' which adds a whole new layer of depth to gameplay which I find amusing and interesting.

Undead have a lot of perks that the living don't have. I think it balances things out quite a bit that they're harmed by divine or 'positive-energy' healing magic. In my opinion, if this system poses a barrier for you, and you can't adapt to a game's ruleset, then simply mod it out and play how you want to play. That's what I'm doing with racial stat bonuses if I'm able.

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
It makes the race more unique and interesting, and gameplay more varied.
If you don't want it, just pick a different race.

addict
addict
Totally agreed, (Was going to make a thread about it once i got home, but here we are).

it's terrible. Not just for party composition, but against enemies as well. ALMOST all enemies I encountered in act 1 had some healing abilities available, first aid, regen and etc. And it's not like "oh dont get close to them" no, they are long range abilities. So guess what, with this "AI 2.0" they are just going to one shot you by using healing abilities. Armor won't protect, and please dont bother saying "well at least no healing on their team"...yeah good job, one of your guys are dead, enemies outnumbered you to begin with, and they have more armor then you.

I think the zombie talent should be on and off with the mask. Like in combat you can take it off or put it on for like 2 AP, yeah it could make them OP (hence why i said 2 AP and not 1), so they could limit it to once per combat or something. But yeah, for now, Undead is gonna get fk'd over by the enemies bc it will just be focused and healed to death in turn 1.

How was this not brought up in the inhouse beta they have going on is....just...unbelievable. Or was it and they were like "well this will just make it difficult, so play it for second playthrough". That makes it worse, making it so a race and a origin story should be played 2nd if u wanna do better? Or was there something else? Honestly I don't know why they are keeping it like this.

Also if you're gonna say "just pick a different race if u dont like it"...how about you go f yourself instead? This is a RPG game, and a race plays a HUGE role in gameplay and storywise. Telling someone to just go "well dont just play this race" is a middlefinger. This stuff needs to be balanced, the undead is underpowered to hell bc of constant zombie. Yes, late game it could be OP, but you need to play early and mid before you get to late.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
I think the undead is meant to be almost a completely different play experience.

The negative healing only makes sense because you're well, undead.

You should expect having to overcome some obstacles when running around with an undead party member.

Really not seeing any peoblems with it. Though I want to mod the mask to steal any face and be like the faceless men.

Zec Offline
It is most likely that you lose undead talents when you put mask for other race on and gain skills of that race. Also on healing spells enemies have all spells we have and I did not seen them with heals to one shot themselves to max health. And if you dont wanna play like that, pick other race the whole idea of RPG is that all players be unique do you want that humans also get healed by eating corpses? They seem perfectly balanced also aoe healing spells does not influence undeads in party, healing goes normally
I dont see why you make that big fuss around something that is just not a problem at all.

Last edited by Zec; 01/09/17 12:14 AM.

made in Betanija
W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
I believe you actually don't gain or lose any abilities with the mask and that it only impacts social interactions.

Edit. Watched the video again and the racial ability changes so mayne healing does too. I dont understand an appearance changing abilities.

Last edited by WMC51; 01/09/17 12:29 AM.
old hand
old hand
While the talent totally makes sense in terms of consistency, it definitely is a big gameplay issue to work around. A simple way to balance it would be reduce the multiplier of damage to healing (like you take 50% of healing on you as damage rather than 100%). Also if skills like contamination automatically target undead allies while ignoring living ones, it will be less of a pain.

A really cool set of undead-only talents would be ones to switch the damage type that heals you from poison to water, air, or fire. Preferably it could be something you could choose at character creation. This would enable a lot more playstyles with undead rather than basically mandating at least one character with geomancer.

And don't worry, it should be easy to mod out.

Last edited by Baardvark; 01/09/17 12:25 AM.
Zec Offline
Originally Posted by WMC51
I believe you actually don't gain or lose any abilities with the mask and that it only impacts social interactions.
Swen mentioned in the stream something in style "if you wanna eat your opponents" or something like that. But I guess that would mean that you get at least some skills of enemies in who you changed face.
rpg006

made in Betanija
W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
I didn't play zombie enough to remember? Does magic armor.block the healing damage? If it doesnt that would be my only real issue with it.

Baard can make os some elemental races. Immune to one element but rake double damage from the opposite and heal for half the damage that would have been dealt.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I didn't play zombie enough to remember? Does magic armor.block the healing damage? If it doesnt that would be my only real issue with it.

Baard can make os some elemental races. Immune to one element but rake double damage from the opposite and heal for half the damage that would have been dealt.

If I recall correctly targets being affected by Decay (healing skills deal 175% damage instead of healing) are damaged despite having magic armour. I assume it's the same case for undeads and healing.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B

Edit. Watched the video again and the racial ability changes so mayne healing does too. I dont understand an appearance changing abilities.

Yep. Sven said it changes talents and abilities. I guess since the mask is powered by source, you aren't changing just your appearance, but shapeshifting in a more profound sense. (Think D&D where druid's elemental shapeshift grants more magical abilities).

I am curious if it removes the undead talent (and thus healing damage) when you are in a different form. I seem to recall they had said that the mask doesn't work in combat, but that was a long time ago and may have changed.

Last edited by BemusedBear; 01/09/17 12:39 AM.
W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
That is what I would take issue with. Not that this happens but that it should be 1:1 damage and blocked by magic armor like any other damage spell.

I wouls prefer a mod that did that instead of remove the talent.

Last edited by WMC51; 01/09/17 12:41 AM.
stranger
stranger
What I don't understand is, can undead still cast these healing spells? Is there any effect on them for weaving these magics and conjuring healing spells? Would, say, a fallen paladin build still be viable? Could a Divinity lore-hound help me out with this one? I'm interested about the mechanical reasons, as well as the lore reasons as to why an undead would be able to do this. I'm not so much against undead playing these roles, but I'm more or less just curious; it would seem that if they can conjure these spells, they might have at least some innate resistance to the magic.

Last edited by Lich; 01/09/17 12:53 AM.
Zec Offline
If I got all right healing spells and buffs (like bless) the ones that help living damage undeads and vice versa. They mentioned that even eating food can damage them. Basically you should look on all spells for 180 degrees. Like poison cloud that damages living, heals undead and all like that. I am not sure that they mentioned any buffs that make them more powerful.
Only trait on undead I noticed was his racial skill "play dead" where basically he just drops dead and fakes that he is like dead and enemies leave them alone.

made in Betanija
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard