Next Thread
Print Thread
#608544 01/09/17 07:18 AM
L
addict
OP Offline
addict
L
Looking at the vid it still give to +2 ap now, but you lose 2 next round (I thought is was only lose 1 previously).

Part of the management of AP.

Change Adrenalin, limit TimeWarp. Excutioner is capped at +2 per turn (Not per death).

I wonder if SkinGraft and Elf Racial are also changed?

stranger
stranger
On stream replay from yesterday you can see at 01:49:32 that Skin Graft is now a 2 memory skill and also requires Source point to cast it, so it will be much harder to use it every time now and then.

Skin Graft was changed from what I can tell -- it costs two memory slots and a source point. I'm not sure if the rest of the skill is intact. I really wouldn't be surprised if Flesh Sacrifice was adjusted. The irony, imo, is that these measures are being taken on skills with a huge potential to break the game and now they introduce Play Dead.

Actually, many aspects of the Undead -- the mask, deathfog/poison immunity, and Play Dead -- seem almost essential to a team. (or at the very least, helpful in skipping/avoiding painful situations)

Last edited by Kresky; 01/09/17 07:43 AM.
old hand
old hand
On the other hand, undead have problems with healing spells, maybe that balances it out.

Skin Graft is a really strong skill. Using it two memory slots is ok. Wether I like making it a source skill, I'm not sure. More likely not. It depends on how easily you can get source points after Act 1. But I have a general aversion against skills using a restricted resource, so I'm biased.

If source points are common later (I think they will), then it's also not much of a balance. They should have restricted Skin Graft to one use a fight for the whole group. Or is it already this way?

L
addict
OP Offline
addict
L
Skingraft is one use per character per fight.
Skingraft - 2 memory and source. I think source will readily available act2+.
It can still be used very, very effectively. If you kill most enemies in 1 round then the nerf to adrenalin has no impact (or you go invisible for 1 round).
Good work to Larian to keep on trying to balance the game!

old hand
old hand
If Skin Graft is one use per character per fight, then it still may be too strong. My biggest problem with the game is the easy combination of ubar skills from different schools. Because it makes the creation of op parties too easy. One teleport in a group? Ok, very useful and more or less balanced. Teleport on any char in the party? Boringly op in my opinion. But easily achievable with just one point in Aerotheurge. Same for Skin Graft.

It's annoying for me that they balance always the skills directly, making them weak in their intended role but not address the problem of insane combinations.

Last edited by geala; 01/09/17 09:27 AM.
L
addict
OP Offline
addict
L
Yes, they changed Teleport too (2ap and slightly reduced range).
Do the changes prevent the "OP" builds, without seeing all the other changes, I don't think so.
But as Sven said, whatever they design someone will try to 'break the game'.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard