Print Thread
#608435 31/08/17 09:25 PM
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Hi,

I'm one of the early backers of the game and at the time I selected a Collector's Edition. Now I'm delighted to see that the collector's edition is really nice. Still I have a few questions because I kinda remember that the Kickstarter CE is supposed to contain an Ale mug and a Ouija board. Those items are not present in the newly anounced CE but seem to be replaced by a statue and a gamemaster screen.

Should I understand that the rewards have been swaped in the Kickstarter edition too? Or is it two fairly different CEs?

Thanks

old hand
old hand
Yes, this is the only CE design.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Ok, so the rewards have been changed. Thanks for the info

Support
Support

From the Kickstarter comments:

Hi guys! We started looking into making a different collector's edition once we figured out we couldn't do the ouija board (there is a trademark problem with that) and I think we announced that during the campaign. We wanted to make something very special for our higher level backers off high value. We started looking at the mugs but the results were disappointing and eventually we evolved towards the (in my eyes very very cool) figurine. An incredible amount of work went into making sure everything is of super-high quality and we're very proud of it. Obviously if you are discontent and really wanted to get that mug, we will reimburse you. All you need to do is send a message to kickstarter@larian.com.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by Raze

From the Kickstarter comments:

Hi guys! We started looking into making a different collector's edition once we figured out we couldn't do the ouija board (there is a trademark problem with that) and I think we announced that during the campaign. We wanted to make something very special for our higher level backers off high value. We started looking at the mugs but the results were disappointing and eventually we evolved towards the (in my eyes very very cool) figurine. An incredible amount of work went into making sure everything is of super-high quality and we're very proud of it. Obviously if you are discontent and really wanted to get that mug, we will reimburse you. All you need to do is send a message to kickstarter@larian.com.

As always, Larian is a real class act about how they handle everything. Very impressed.

Zec Offline
@Raze
We want game 1.0 And forget the mug, you guys drink one in our name in your coffee place
PS (but damn you make nice CE)

Last edited by Zec; 01/09/17 01:12 AM.

made in Betanija
And what happened to the "sticker pack featuring unique art" that was supposed to be part of this CE (at least for the Kickstarter people)? I see no mention of that anymore. Will it still be included? Or is that gone too?

follow-up: I just saw that Raze posted this in the Kickstarter comments section about the sticker pack:

"I guess the metal plate could be considered a replacement for the sticker pack, depending on whether you'd actually use them."

So I guess that answers that... no sticker pack either. frown

K
stranger
stranger
K
I knew checking the site on a daily basis for a physical release, despite saying there won't be a boxed version way back, was worth it.

I'm just chiming in to thank you good folks for including this option for fans who missed the Kickstarter.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Khayness
I knew checking the site on a daily basis for a physical release, despite saying there won't be a boxed version way back, was worth it.

I'm just chiming in to thank you good folks for including this option for fans who missed the Kickstarter.

Thank you for mentioning this. When DOS2 Kickstarter came about I was juggling two mortgages. Last night I checked in on DOS2 and saw it was releasing in a couple weeks. Shame there won't be any physical copies.

-Tom

The Old Timer's Guild
Kickstarter supporter: The Box Collector+Weresheep support

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard