Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Y
journeyman
journeyman
Y
Anyone arguing that the feature which is essentially the 'Zombie' talent is detrimental to the character is just dumb. It's really powerful. Anyone who played OS 1 enough knows this. Getting it for free is really powerful.

Will there be some downside? Yes, that's the point. The whole point of the Zombie talent and now the undead race is that it changes the gameplay dynamic a bit. It gets less simple, but if played properly, it can be more powerful. If you don't want the Zombie talent, you don't skill into it. If you don't want to play undead, you don't play undead.

Why is this a topic worth crying about? You have the complete freedom to play however you choose to.

Originally Posted by YOGZULA
Anyone arguing that the feature which is essentially the 'Zombie' talent is detrimental to the character is just dumb. It's really powerful. Anyone who played OS 1 enough knows this. Getting it for free is really powerful.

Will there be some downside? Yes, that's the point. The whole point of the Zombie talent and now the undead race is that it changes the gameplay dynamic a bit. It gets less simple, but if played properly, it can be more powerful. If you don't want the Zombie talent, you don't skill into it. If you don't want to play undead, you don't play undead.

Why is this a topic worth crying about? You have the complete freedom to play however you choose to.

Eh some people like to nit pick. This is obviously something that will probably be modded and to begin with it's not a big deal. Not enough to justify the insults and arrogance OP came in swaggering with, anyway. Great, he's not playing undead because of nit picking. Who cares?

My two brothers are debating between it or not. I'm picking up either aethurage or geomancy as my second skill depending on their choice; either way I'll be able to support them/heal them and still do damage/disable.

Even if only one of them goes undead we're not novice rpg games; he will modify his build to account for less healing or we'll keep a healthy stock of poison potions/grenades around.

Half the fun is making your group work against whatever the game challenges you with unless you're a diehard group of min/maxers.

A
A
you could also just put points into necromancy on the undead characters to heal from any damage they do and leech blood.. another solution to their lack of healing.

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
I played the EA on classic for 100 hours, I barely used healing at all.
The only thing that could make it a disadvantage is if the AI is smart enough to exploit it, and even then, it's probably not nearly as bad as the disadvantage of Glass Cannon, which is still considered one of the must have talents.

L
addict
addict
L
If glass cannon is perceived by the devs as a 'must have' did they nerf that as well?
That was often used in the super maximise ap strategies seen online.

S
Banned
Banned
S
When you read me defending something this Stabbey lad said, you know there’s something wrong. Hell has just frozen over beneath us, basically.

But yeah, he’s right. Zombie is the most risible ‘racial trait’ of the lot – comic, only because it seems like such a blatantly rushed idea.

‘We’re running out of time. What do we give the undead? Well, the only one we actually thought about properly so far was the elf. The rest just got a few bits and pieces from the last game. Didn’t see too many complaints – they’re all distracted by the armour thing anyway. Maybe we just give this guy zombie?’

And boom: undead get zombie.

Ok, I have to admit that none of this surprises me. Divinity Original Sin is such a mixed bag of brilliance and bonkers that it would be kind of jarring for every idea to make sense. The roughness gives it character.

But it really does seem a shame that the undead get something so lazy as zombie as a main trait. The Fane character appears to be one of the more interesting of the lot, but I’ll be skipping him now for sure.

However, I do think there’ll be a tonne of rushed ideas in the release that are far worse than the undead getting zombie. And that it’ll be another year from now before we see the game we were supposed to get. That’s ok though. This will still be the best game released in a long long time, and they deserve their payday.

Patches are for free. And I’ll put money down on zombie not being an undead thing a year from now…

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by smokey
When you read me defending something this Stabbey lad said, you know there’s something wrong. Hell has just frozen over beneath us, basically.

But yeah, he’s right. Zombie is the most risible ‘racial trait’ of the lot – comic, only because it seems like such a blatantly rushed idea.

‘We’re running out of time. What do we give the undead? Well, the only one we actually thought about properly so far was the elf. The rest just got a few bits and pieces from the last game. Didn’t see too many complaints – they’re all distracted by the armour thing anyway. Maybe we just give this guy zombie?’

And boom: undead get zombie.

Ok, I have to admit that none of this surprises me. Divinity Original Sin is such a mixed bag of brilliance and bonkers that it would be kind of jarring for every idea to make sense. The roughness gives it character.

But it really does seem a shame that the undead get something so lazy as zombie as a main trait. The Fane character appears to be one of the more interesting of the lot, but I’ll be skipping him now for sure.

However, I do think there’ll be a tonne of rushed ideas in the release that are far worse than the undead getting zombie. And that it’ll be another year from now before we see the game we were supposed to get. That’s ok though. This will still be the best game released in a long long time, and they deserve their payday.

Patches are for free. And I’ll put money down on zombie not being an undead thing a year from now…

The narrative of a slapdash and rush approach seems really skewed.

Here is my Alternative Take: We have thought long and hard about how Zombie works as a talent. We've seen it add power and challenge to campaigns. All undead characters whether "zombies" or "skeletons" in D:0S series have healed from poison and taken damage from healing effects. The player base has requested an "undead" character, let's give them an "undead" character that fits with the long established lore and balance of the Original Sin game series.

addict
addict
Think people are over reacting to this @_@. In tons of RPG games undead have been damaged by life giving abilities and immune or healed by poisons / dark damage. I also don't think it will be as horrible as people make it out to be. Then again I love the odd party make ups you can do in Divinity ♥

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ellary
Think people are over reacting to this @_@. In tons of RPG games undead have been damaged by life giving abilities and immune or healed by poisons / dark damage. I also don't think it will be as horrible as people make it out to be. Then again I love the odd party make ups you can do in Divinity ♥

I agree and I actually love that disparity with good/bad energy.

Now for the other complains I just don't even reply, I am sometimes pretty adamant on certain topics but this one I don't even feel like participating in the debate.
I don't have a problems with undead, I probably won't play one at my first playthrough but I will play a Dead Knight to honor my name at some point.

S
Banned
Banned
S
And yeah, it's stupid ass idea, isn't it?

Hold up now before you draw your little gun - that's just my opinion. Don't get bothered by it - who am I after all? I'm entitled to my opinion, just as y'all are entitled to yours. Did I ever say you were wrong?

No. I said I think it's a stupid ass idea. Doesn't translate into 'my opinion is correct and yours is thick as pig shit'.

I'll always think it's a stupid idea though. But if you're so confident you're right that I'm wrong, you shouldn't feel the need to 'educate' me so specifically - this is a forum. As I see it, you read other people's comments, and if you're all about contributing constructively, then you just leave your opinion/counter-opinion without making inflammatory remarks such as 'The narrative of a slapdash and rush approach seems really skewed'.

I could be a dick as well and say your following alternative 'example' is the most slavering, bland, banal, suck-up horseshit I've read in a long old time, but it's not good form, is it?

I don't comment on these forums to turn your game world upside down, or tell you your opinions are moronic. That's why every comment I make is as general and detached as possible. Don't pick a fight with me - it's not worth it.

Just leave a counter opinion, you're logic for it, and that's healthy, intelligent debate, right?

A
A
The undead racial trait isnt just zombie you know... it also has the added benefit of making them immune to bleed... and besides the undead can make poison healing potions and can heal with necromancy... so its a minor inconvenience.. but the undead race add soo much that if they didnt have this slight weakness theyd be more OP than elves.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Adrianna
The undead racial trait isnt just zombie you know... it also has the added benefit of making them immune to bleed... and besides the undead can make poison healing potions and can heal with necromancy... so its a minor inconvenience.. but the undead race add soo much that if they didnt have this slight weakness theyd be more OP than elves.

^ and they can also walk through death fog, which is HUGE to me

As long as the AI never uses restoration on you.

Assuming that the majority of enemies have healing spells in 2017 -- I'm offended.

Zec Offline
It is funny how everyone forget on one of undeads best racial skills "play dead" in fact I think that is only racial skill from the undead that we are 100% sure (not counting damaged by healing potions and food and not needing lockpick and immunity to death fog)
But the fact is that people over react on this wayyyy to much. We will see how it goes in game and this is one of rare companies that I am pretty certain that they would patch their game if there are problems.
Btw where they said that undeads have "zombie" skill? Only discussions I remember about zombies was purely visual thing.

made in Betanija
A
A
Originally Posted by Zec
It is funny how everyone forget on one of undeads best racial skills "play dead" in fact I think that is only racial skill from the undead that we are 100% sure (not counting damaged by healing potions and food and not needing lockpick and immunity to death fog)
But the fact is that people over react on this wayyyy to much. We will see how it goes in game and this is one of rare companies that I am pretty certain that they would patch their game if there are problems.
Btw where they said that undeads have "zombie" skill? Only discussions I remember about zombies was purely visual thing.

the zombie trait is the one that makes you take damage from healing and heal from poison and was always in the game... which is now forced on undead as a baseline trait...

but you also forgot the part where undead are immune to bleeding as well.

Zec Offline
Originally Posted by Adrianna
the zombie trait is the one that makes you take damage from healing and heal from poison and was always in the game... which is now forced on undead as a baseline trait...

but you also forgot the part where undead are immune to bleeding as well.

Ah so that all grouped up is actually called "zombie trait" o well my mistake silence
PS but there is nooooo way zero logic to make skeletons bleed.... I mean how on earth to do that maybe extra soft on maces but skeleton and bleed??? from where???

Last edited by Zec; 02/09/17 04:34 AM.

made in Betanija
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Zec
Ah so that all grouped up is actually called "zombie trait"
PS but there is nooooo way zero logic to make skeletons bleed.... I mean how on earth to do that maybe extra soft on maces but skeleton and bleed??? from where???

They are immune to bleeding effect as shown in the last stream Larian did.

Basically they have Zombie + Immune to Bleeding.

Zec Offline
That is what I say I mean there is no logic to made em influenced by bleed, I mean from where would they supposed to bleed???

made in Betanija
A
A
The biggest thing with the undead is that they are immune to deathfog (an otherwise impassable obstacle as no living creature can pass it)

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard