Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
The Electric Discharge description does not mention that it has an explosion radius or that it jumps to secondary targets. However, upon use, it does indeed jump to other targets.

What gives?

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8
enthusiast
enthusiast
It does not. However if they are all standing in a pool of blood, water or steam, then the electricity will spread across.
Unless you have a video or if someone knows that a bug exists I would tend to think this is just spreading with environmental effects.

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I do not recall any environmental effects which would have interacted with the spell, but I may have missed them.

Is there a quick reference in the game menus which will tell you which spells/skills will interact with which environmental effects? The Electric Discharge spell description doesn't mention environmental interaction. Being new to the Divinity series, I didn't find it intuitive to suspect that this spell would interact with blood, for example.

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8
A
A
all electric spells travel thru blood and water...fire ignites poison and oil, ice freezes water and blood, fire evaporates water and blood and creates steam.

electricity can also travel thru steam.

Last edited by Adrianna; 04/09/17 04:45 AM.
Originally Posted by Talaverus
I do not recall any environmental effects which would have interacted with the spell, but I may have missed them.

Is there a quick reference in the game menus which will tell you which spells/skills will interact with which environmental effects? The Electric Discharge spell description doesn't mention environmental interaction. Being new to the Divinity series, I didn't find it intuitive to suspect that this spell would interact with blood, for example.

Most people miss the blood. You see a character take damage, see the blood effect, don't think much about it since it's not crazy obvious like the other fields and it can get pretty crazy in its spread patterns (ONE TINY SPEC OF BLOOD YOU DIDN"T SEE AND BAM, YOU STUNNED YOUR BUDDY TOO).

Sometimes I feel like a CSI team investigating the battlefield before I decide to make use of blood for whatever reason.

old hand
old hand
As Deadknight said, most probably the effects of surfaces, water or blood, and electrocuting.

Surfaces are sooo great. For example, if you as a melee char use weapons with magical side-effects, so called "bonus" damage. Try some with + air damage and be amazed watching the fantastic stun effects, mainly to your own chars.

Zec Offline
It is sooo easy to miss standing in wrong surfaces and that you dont even notice it, three members of my party got instant stunned when I shoot enemy with my archer and I forgot that her arrows do lighting damage, and paf 4 enemies and three other member of my party was stunned for 2 more turn.
It is very easy to miss elements around you.

made in Betanija
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah it is easy to miss them I got surprised multiple times when I was playing the first game.

If you mouse over the surface it will tell you can be frozen, electrified etc, giving you some hints but this is still not very clear.

And one thing is annoying actually is the pathfinding around those surface IN combat. I wish we could ask the game to use its pathfinding to go around because if you do it manually many times you step on places you did not suspect would burn/electrify/slow you etc.

apprentice
apprentice
Maybe if you're about to use a lightning attack, it should highlight water surfaces in the world. That wouldn't work for instant skills, of course.

Come think of it, there are crosses or something on some parts. I'll have to double-check if that's what it's doing.

Last edited by Forgy; 04/09/17 10:59 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Deadknight

And one thing is annoying actually is the pathfinding around those surface IN combat. I wish we could ask the game to use its pathfinding to go around because if you do it manually many times you step on places you did not suspect would burn/electrify/slow you etc.

Exactly. I can live with the somewhat unobtrusive appearance of some surfaces (ice on stone is my favourite, run-slip-ouch) but the pathfinding is ... bad.

The worst is oil which, we all know and love it (or, in my case, hate it), ignores magical armor. I always try to navigate around it but chars seem to be affected even if they get in contact with only molecules of it at the fringes.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard