Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 45 of 52 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 51 52
E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by Raze

It must be a problem getting the profile information when starting the game, that it thinks the default profile is in use...

If you rename or delete the '..Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\PlayerProfiles\playerprofiles.lsb' file before starting the game, does it bring up a list of profiles on startup, allow you to select one to use and proceed normally after that (at least until you restart)?

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Click Start, or hit WinKey-R, type in msconfig and hit enter; in the General tab, click Selective Startup, uncheck Load startup items (if required) and leave Load system services and Use original boot configuration options checked. Next, click on the Services tab, check the box to Hide all Microsoft services, then click the Disable All button (maybe make a note of which are currently enabled/disabled), then click OK and reboot the computer.
Run msconfig again to switch back to the normal boot configuration.

Deleting playerprofiles.lsb brings menu, but profile still can't be selected. Clean boot does not change the situation either.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Not sure if anyone has reported this, but if you dismiss a companion in the early game, and re-recruit them it causes their initial recruitment dialogue to happen. I reported on this already, but if you re-recruit someone in the late game game you can't because you can't talk to them (not sure if Raze confirmed this was fixed).

Last edited by Damashi; 01/09/17 01:25 PM.
Support
Support

It should be fixed.

K
stranger
stranger
K
A bug I've noticed is that Mody won't talk to any of my characters in the elf cave. I'm not sure but I think it's because the other elves had to "beat" the demon out of Lohse. Due to this, I couldn't start the "Withermoore's Soul Jar" quest. I destroyed the soul jar and later found the cave through one of my characters getting more wits but the quest didn't update or anything either.

M
stranger
stranger
M
something is wrong in character creation menu with human female face #6. Is it half paralysed (no animation on its right part, right eye is not blinking, asymmetrical face)? it's rather sad, cause its the most good-looking female face.

upd: same problems with human female face #7.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hi - kinda stumped. When I try to launch the game I can hear it start (music and credits stuff), but it's not visible onscreen and not listed in applications in task manager, though it is listed as a process.

I've tried a clean boot, disabled antivirus, toggling fullscreen, quality, and resolution settings in the graphicsSettings.lsx, as well as renaming it. Also reinstalled the game, verified integrity of files, updated gpu and display drivers, disabled steam cloud and overlay. Checked for a phantom monitor it could be displaying on but doesn't seem to be.

Any help/ideas would be great!

Support
Support

ManicAeon;
That should be fixed in the release.

doorframe;
Did you try the replacement My Documents folder, or just manually editing the graphicsSettings.lsx file?
If the latter, try deleting the 'Divinity Original Sin 2' folder in '..\Documents\Larian Studios' and extract the download below there
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjvq79igruaeu4h/DOS2_doc_20165341.zip?dl=1

Did you try running from the executable as administrator, or right clicking the EoCApp.exe file, selecting properties and trying a compatibility mode?

A handful of people with D:OS EE and D:OS 2 have had the game show up as a 120x1 pixel line (or one as a thin strip); in a couple cases starting the game in windowed mode would work, but the game would crash if the mouse cursor was in the window. This isn't quite the same problem (unless said line blends in with your background image and you didn't notice it), but the fixes for that may help in this case:

One person with the line, and crash in windows mode, fixed it by disabling the Steam client service in msconfig doing a clean boot. I'm not sure if they just tried exiting out of Steam and starting the game directly from the executable. Once they got the game to start once properly, it was fine after that.

If just exiting out of Steam doesn't help, try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Click Start, or hit WinKey-R, type in msconfig and hit enter; in the General tab, click Selective Startup, uncheck Load startup items (if required) and leave Load system services and Use original boot configuration options checked. Next, Click on the Services tab, check the box to Hide all Microsoft services, then click the Disable All button (maybe make a note of which are currently enabled/disabled), then click OK and reboot the computer.
Run msconfig again to switch back to the normal boot configuration.

Try a clean re-install of the graphics drivers. See here or here, for example. A couple people fixed the line/strip problem that way.
Before doing so, you may want to try resetting your graphics driver's 3D settings to default (right click an open area of the desktop to start the ATI Catalyst Control Center), to see if that helps.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
The prison escape route through the prison, that is the boat escape route, with the two soldiers and child, appears to be bugged.

If you attack the soldiers (starting the fight) the child himself becomes registered as a combatant and an enemy, without him being hit by anything. This persists for the rest of the game. After I managed to beat the two guards to death that were stopping him, rather than him being marked as green/yellow, he stayed red. Whereas I left combat, and he did not attack me, he still showed up red on the map. When I highlighted over him, the action was automatically to attack, I had to right click to talk to him. After escaping I attempted to go talk to some of the people that are usually neutral/green, and rather than talking to me, they were all marked red, and attacked on sight.

I was unaware that the problem would persist past that point, and the autosave feature had not saved in about 2 hours for some reason, I would have gone from almost 5, to 3, and would have had to redo several difficult fights. (My quick saves apparently overwrote themselves after reaching a certain number, and I am therefore incapable of continuing.

I'd assume it was a tag issue, I jumpstarted the attack sequence because the guy in the prison cells (I tried to rescue him) got two shot at one point, from 10 armor full health to dead by the archers ( smirk ) was dead, I didn't have the persuasion option, and therefore I had no reprieve to talking them out of their attack on me.

Thanks!

D
stranger
stranger
D
Thanks Raze,

The clean graphics driver reinstallation seems to have done the trick!

P
stranger
stranger
P
Autosave has bugged out and no longer seems to be working at all.

I have just met Gareth, my last autosave is from the mysterious cave area.

Anyway to get the autosave working again?

Support
Support

Auto saves are triggered at specific locations. There should be one just before entering the area with Gareth, though.

Double check the Gameplay section of the option, to make sure auto saves are still enabled, and maybe increase the maximum number of autosaves kept.

You can also create a new profile, start a new game and see if the first autosave triggers when you try to leave the starting room.

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
I'm not sure this is a bug or I'm just interpreting it wrong. But with spread your wings it means you ignore surfaces while it is active right?

Because if you use it, and then use battering ram, you're still affected by the surface you cross.

U
stranger
stranger
U
SPOILER ALERT!
The Red Prince:
After i talked to him, and invited him to my pack i used his spell "contamination" game bugged, cant move, cant ESC cant quickload cant quicksave can do nothing only alt+f4 works
P.S.
i used Contamination, right after i ended talking with him ( red prince is standing on the rock where i've met him)

Sry for inproper english, still learning!

Have a nice day

Last edited by Uramnar; 08/09/17 01:02 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Raze

in a couple cases starting the game in windowed mode would work, but the game would crash if the mouse cursor was in the window.

That's the issue I'm having. Any fixes for it?

Last edited by vometia; 09/09/17 01:32 PM. Reason: formatting
B
stranger
stranger
B
Custom Character selected, picked Dwarf male. The tags show both male and female.

Support
Support

RavensDagger;
With cases not related to the resolution issue? There have only been a few, that I recall (vaguely), so unfortunately there has not been a lot of feedback on it. I think one person fixed this by reinstalling graphics drivers, but a couple other instances I could find they didn't report back if or how they fixed the problem.

bhchrist;
This has been fixed in the development version.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Hey! I found a bug which allows to kill everyone on the ship without fighting with them. You need to take 60kg Water Barrel and throw it near person you want to kill. It kills everybody (even origin characters) without starting the fight. It seems that 1kg = 1damage, and nobody there has more than 60hp so it's deadly.

Support
Support

This shouldn't be an issue in the full release.

J
stranger
stranger
J
When playing multiplayer, u start upp the world etc then your buddy joins, he cant make his "followers" follow him they just say "sorry you arn't the guy that hierd me" but they can follow me instead for some odd reason so i have 3 ppl suddenly and he 1, but the problem is that i cant dispand her either she just says the same thing to me "sorry you arn't the guy that hierd me" so i'm stuck with her and cant do shit about it, i can strip her gear and such but not talk to her. to solve this i just loaded the save again with my buddy in the "session" and it fixed itself but i still think its not suposed to be like that.

(btw we are in a party, he has 2 dudes and i have 2 dudes. So 4 ppl.)

Support
Support

As the host you can hit Esc to bring up the in-game menu, click Assign Characters and change who controls which characters.

Page 45 of 52 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 51 52

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard