Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
stranger
stranger
How about changing sufaces with granades? There is plenty of those and in DOS2 you don't miss with those (at least for now) so you can be pretty sure about your changes.

I finished the game like 3 times + 10 hours in different stages of the game (new runs, different encounters from save file) and didn't had a single idea about "too many surfaces". I knew everything I was doing and only sudden new skill from opponent changed whole game plan. I used to stun my own chars in blood pools to stun one-two enemies.

It's not that hard to take 2-3 minutes to play out a turn in stratefy based game you know.

Maybe blood drops a bit silly, but just a bit. It's a game you know so it's normal to loose enormous amout of blood and then eat a cheese or go to sleep and gain all health back. This is not a survival game.

About barrels. Maybe 10-15% of them are in stupid positions not more. Most of camps and cities need those to actually drink water and supply torches with oil. Also archers used to lit their arrows with oil and fire. Most barrels in marshes are near some kind of camps or ruins. Agree that it's stupid to have barrel of oil near a ruin that is lik 400 years old, but hey it's a game you know and once again, use them smartly, don't let AI use them, 'cause it's better to have initiative on your side against AI 2.0

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
The Rogue classes have backstab instant teleport (and there are other abilities that allow you to instantly close the gap), your run of the mill melee class should be pumping points into health, and grabbing the best armor anyways, they should be extremely tanky in both armor and magic armor, with casters not needing more than a little physical armor, and a reasonably high amount of magic armor (to resist stuns, and to block most things that would be heading at them, mainly spells).

As for environments, they largely become irrelevant once you get bless, then you just bless everything and it heals instead. Drop some fire on your feet, bless it, bam time to heal with a Heal over Time Effect on me.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by LordGodSatan
As for environments, they largely become irrelevant once you get bless, then you just bless everything and it heals instead. Drop some fire on your feet, bless it, bam time to heal with a Heal over Time Effect on me.

Now, there is no way we can tell if this will be the case at the release, but in recent video stream, bless seemed to require a source point so you no longer can bless like no tomorrow.

And Strength melee char have very low magic armor so they are the most vulnerable to terrain hazard. Still your mage can help them and all melee (rogues, warriors) do have a bunch of mobility spells, not to mention the polymorth fly.

I actually love the environmental effects I don't think there are too many, I think they really make the game what it is.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I agree with the OP....I think the environmental effects are too excessive. The biggest thing for me is that so many of your own abilities will damage your allies. Your melee characters are getting wrecked from all fronts.

I kind of wish there was an option to disable "friendly fire." It's frustrating when I have cool abilities on my bar but can't use them because I know it will nearly kill my allies.

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Talaverus
I agree with the OP....I think the environmental effects are too excessive. The biggest thing for me is that so many of your own abilities will damage your allies. Your melee characters are getting wrecked from all fronts.

I kind of wish there was an option to disable "friendly fire." It's frustrating when I have cool abilities on my bar but can't use them because I know it will nearly kill my allies.

That could be a viable option for explorer mode, but for me the friendly fire is a crucial part of the challenge. It's would be too easy without it, just bash with melee characters and spam fireball/firestorm ect.
Definitely fun, but easy.

Last edited by drBrod; 04/09/17 10:09 PM.
old hand
old hand
Three chars in my group are melee and so heavily influenced by surface effects which are mostly near the enemies for obvious reasons. I would not opt for less surfaces or no friendly fire (boring) but for a reduction of time the surfaces are active without again being influenced by skills. That's mostly for electrocuting per water or blood which removes a char for several turns by stunning. The stun should perhaps last only for the turn in which the surface was electrified.

Last edited by geala; 05/09/17 08:58 AM.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard