apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Here's a few screenshots I took while I was watching the latest stream:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
As you can see, you no longer get any armor or dodge bonus from leveling up Strength, Finesse, or Intelligence. Idk why they'd remove that bonus since a lot of combat skills already increase your damage and this would be the one opportunity to differentiate those attributes in a meaningful way. Honestly, I hope they revert this change especially considering how boring the bonuses would be otherwise.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Interesting, ... not sure how I feel about it but maybe they realized those secondary bonuses were too strong at high level.
If you have 60 Strength it would give you +100% bonus Armor.
20 Dual wielding + Parry Master +60 Finesse = 80% dodge + bonuses from items ?

Those are random number but maybe it was giving too much power ?
It is true I enjoyed that each stat had more than one effect however.

On the bright side it makes constitution the only stat for survival, which is nice because it seemed lacking in the EA.

Originally Posted by Deadknight
Interesting, ... not sure how I feel about it but maybe they realized those secondary bonuses were too strong at high level.
If you have 60 Strength it would give you +100% bonus Armor.
20 Dual wielding + Parry Master +60 Finesse = 80% dodge + bonuses from items ?

Those are random number but maybe it was giving too much power ?
It is true I enjoyed that each stat had more than one effect however.

On the bright side it makes constitution the only stat for survival, which is nice because it seemed lacking in the EA.

This could, in theory, be fixed with soft or hard caps. But yes I agree with OP overall, either make the other point abilities do anything but increase raw damage and let primary stats focus on damage or vice versa, I think. Not sure about balancing but at least it would be more interesting.

veteran
veteran
So those attributes got even more dumbed down? Really sad frown

stranger
stranger
Interesting and gives more various builds. Also, maybe some of those effects transferred to race talents. Since Elegant talent for elves does not give them Finesse maybe now it gives dodge for them for e.g.

I
journeyman
journeyman
I
I'm going to trust Larian.
However I still have to question their decision to make so many changes to the EA build without giving us the opportunity to give them our feedback.

For me it's sad as I mainly used the EA to test different builds so I would know what I wanna play on release. And not have to reroll 20-30h into the game after finding out that my build isn't what I hoped for.

A
A
Originally Posted by Irons
However I still have to question their decision to make so many changes to the EA build without giving us the opportunity to give them our feedback.

For me it's sad as I mainly used the EA to test different builds so I would know what I wanna play on release. And not have to reroll 20-30h into the game after finding out that my build isn't what I hoped for.

luckily i believe there will be a way to respec your character without having to completely restart in act 2.

B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by Adrianna

luckily i believe there will be a way to respec your character without having to completely restart in act 2.

If its gonna involve having to relearn all of your skills, it probably wont be worth it, especially considering the fact that they raised the price of skill books by a crazy amount.

Originally Posted by BraccusaurusRex
Originally Posted by Adrianna

If its gonna involve having to relearn all of your skills, it probably wont be worth it, especially considering the fact that they raised the price of skill books by a crazy amount.

I doubt it'll be any different from the first game... probably a progressive gold cost, if even, and it just lets you reassign your skill points, attributes, and talents. As for skill books, I don't remember how the first game handled it but yeah it might not be a big issue in Act 2.

enthusiast
enthusiast
If I recall correctly all of your skills would be removed once you bought the respec so you had to buy/find the skill books again.

old hand
old hand
That would be total nonsense. Which of course doesn't mean it will not work this way.

What I find extremely annoying is that you don't hear anything tangible from Larian about the respecc, except some short and cloudy statement in an interview.

Last edited by geala; 05/09/17 07:00 AM.
Originally Posted by geala
That would be total nonsense. Which of course doesn't mean it will not work this way.

What I find extremely annoying is that you don't hear anything tangible from Larian about the respecc, except some short and cloudy statement in an interview.

Because respecing isn't that big of a deal. Anyway, there's a 99% chance it'll be there and it's highly unlikely it'll be worse than it was in the first game, like they literally have it working and implemented from DOS1. Now, loss of skill books was a pretty huge deal so they might have addressed that this time; you're just going to have to get that far and find out.

stranger
stranger
Maybe they don't share info 'cause it's still topic to discuss for them, so they are still trying to make it less punishing, but still have a control over it, since having ability to re-spec any char any time is kinda wacky

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard