Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
In DOS1 you could not get XP if you were dead while your tanking friend was finishing a fight. On the one hand, it stimulated a more careful play, on the other hand, it was annoying to see different numbers in XP and levelling up at different moments. Here the problem skyrockets.

Last edited by Sotnik; 08/08/17 02:04 PM.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I loved DoS1 and tried to get my friends to play it but the lack of 4 man multiplayer drove all of them away from purchase. And by 4 man multiplayer I mean 4 custom characters without a mod which half of the players bug out quests by being "companions". I am trying to raise awareness for DoS2 but if this reigns true the same exact mistake is being made.

Splitscreen is great, 2 separate splitscreen instances being together is even better. Being able to work with/against is cool tech but if the simple function of 4 people working together on a quest doesn't work I can't honestly tell all the naysayers DoS2 fixed the MP concerns from the original.

Its not coop if the only person that gets credit is the one that completes the last objective/turn in. For some people this will make or break their purchase decision on DoS2. This concern is here on the forums, reddit, and kickstarter feedback. I already pledged im going to play DoS2 and enjoy it but these kinds of issues will determine if I do so alone or not

L
addict
addict
L
Shared experience for co-op is the way to go (have it as an option for it to be "competitive" experience).

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Yes, I'm not entirely sure how multiplayer works for this game, but after 10+ hours of 3-player co op, we all had slightly different amounts of XP. This doesn't have to do with being dead or alive, as one of us who's character happened to be dead at the time was still accruing XP. Can we just make it totally balanced?

yours into eternity,

~Zachariah
C
C
Why this is not default is shocking

J
stranger
stranger
J
This is really the only system that absolutely grinds my gears. /signed

R
stranger
stranger
R
Bump. With release just a few weeks away, I would hate to have to wait for this to get patched if it isn't possible at launch. I wish I had checked on here before hyping up my friends to play at launch. Has there been any kind of official response about this? I looked around but couldn't find one.

journeyman
journeyman
Please, full shared Xp. You should never change a thing for worse. The way divinity 1 works is PERFECT.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Bump trying to keep this relevant until someone official can at least verify this is intended, verify that its unintended, or at least confirm that they have read this post and are looking into it.

This bug can and will break review scores when it comes to multiplayer balance and id hate to see it make it to launch when it has been mentioned in 3 different feedback mediums for months. My worst fear is weeks from now we see "Game launched with variety of multiplayer features and connectivity only to be missing the base functions of grouping together."

A
A
Originally Posted by Malvolio
Bump trying to keep this relevant until someone official can at least verify this is intended, verify that its unintended, or at least confirm that they have read this post and are looking into it.

This bug can and will break review scores when it comes to multiplayer balance and id hate to see it make it to launch when it has been mentioned in 3 different feedback mediums for months. My worst fear is weeks from now we see "Game launched with variety of multiplayer features and connectivity only to be missing the base functions of grouping together."

I think it is intentional.. they seem to be really focused on this "competitive coop" where you sabatage/kill other members of your party for fun... they seem to think its a great idea...

veteran
veteran
I'm pretty sure, those competative players are a minority not the majority. I hardly grasp how competativity should really fit in. The fights are made for team effort, competativity counters that? Sure, give some options to troll your teammates, but competativity seems really odd. Kill the others at the start and you 'won'.

Instead of making the game more appealing it makes it less appealing, at least my friend and I are really unhappy about this exp imbalance shit.

A
A
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
I'm pretty sure, those competative players are a minority not the majority. I hardly grasp how competativity should really fit in. The fights are made for team effort, competativity counters that? Sure, give some options to troll your teammates, but competativity seems really odd. Kill the others at the start and you 'won'.

Instead of making the game more appealing it makes it less appealing, at least my friend and I are really unhappy about this exp imbalance shit.

there will be parts where you will be forced to pvp your team and kill your own party members... such as the arena in act 1 and supposedly near the end of the game as well from what ive heard.. 2 known times where you are forced to fight your own team.. on top of that they mention all the time how you can split up and do your own thing and poison your team and even declare war on your party members which will make you enemies and if you come into range will be drawn into combat as if they were hostile mobs.

its clear they focused alot on competitive play this time.

Last edited by Adrianna; 05/09/17 07:21 AM.
Support
Support

The experience from personal quests only going to the player character/group that completes the quest is intended.

In the full release this will be changed. There is still personal XP for specific origin quests, but the XP differences that can develop are much smaller than in the alpha.

L
addict
addict
L
Sven said your characters could agree on a common beneficial ending to the game (Don't recall his exact words thou)

journeyman
journeyman
I hope they reconsider. I remember when they recently made a POLL about co-op and other aspects of the game. People did favor co-op a lot in comparison to PvP. So I hope they focus more on the co-op aspects.

I remember that in this POLL, in general, people did show co-op matters. Unfortunately, when Larian showed the results to people on twitter they made a mistake by changing the name of one of the bars from "PVP" to "Co-op" (and this bar was big, showing people do not care too much about pvp), so a lot of peope who saw the poll thought players didn't matter about co-op, when in fact this bar was supposed to mean PVP.

Originally Posted by Raze

The experience from personal quests only going to the player character/group that completes the quest is intended.

In the full release this will be changed. There is still personal XP for specific origin quests, but the XP differences that can develop are much smaller than in the alpha.

Raze, so the quests XP and monsters killing will be shared equally between people, but the specific origin quests wont?

Last edited by Rafoca; 05/09/17 03:32 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, hopefully it will be the same than the first opus.
Although I can understand the point of having "solo" quest, it should not be the norm.

journeyman
journeyman
Please, please let XP be shared as I love to play cooperatively, not into competition at all!! If possibly having loot assigned to the player is cool too. Stops arguments.

N
old hand
old hand
N
I desperately hope the location exp is shared in the full version

It is REALLY stupidly annoying to need to teleport everyone to, say, an electrified tower just so everyone gets the exp.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Please implement the party based experience. I would like to have it like the one in divinity original sin 1. My friends will be disappointed with this.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard