Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#609135 05/09/17 04:39 PM
drBrod Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Atm i'm on my third playthrough EA, trying to soloing the act with one poly-necro-dual wielder warrior. I noticed, even during my full party playthroughs, that vitality, and things that synergizes with it, feels a little up.
For example, i was trying to build some cool necro-warrior to leech vitality from my attacks. It seemed a goog idea, but all the status effects, physical and magical, from enemies or pools, made it very bad. Have a large pool of hp, virtually
rechargeable with attacks, is completely useless due to the complete weakness to cc when p/m armor is depleted.

Personally, i'd rather have an armor upgrade too, with every vitality points, and maybe some sort of armor leech with some skills, instead of hp leech. Maybe some cc resistance after the first cc? like a high stun resistance after the first stun?
Dunno, it seems to me that upgrade hp it's just not worth it.

Last edited by drBrod; 05/09/17 04:57 PM.
stranger
stranger
It seems like lots of CCs will be nerfed. For example to stun with lightning you need firstly "Shock" enemy giving the soft CC and then strike with lightning again to stun.

Also Str, Int and Dex don't give armor boost. That means it's harder to obtain armor.

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
It never seams to amaze me people can't find balance in their game ofcourse is Vitality good to much will hurt you "not enough DPS" to little will kill you consider if you ever get chained CC.

Why not spend 1 Vitality each 4 levels this way you not ending like a paper doll warrior.

drBrod Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Well, i dont necessarily want to put all the points in vitality and make a giant meatboy, but even two or three points here and there seem wasted, since the cc are so effective.

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
It would be nice if Vitality gave you resistances. Even 1% for each point of Vitality, with diminishing returns, would be nice.

Best use I found for Vitality is with a solo Retribution build. I just tanked up and let everyone kill themselves attacking me. Even when I was stunned or frozen, I was still dealing Retaliation damage.

But that didn't work in a party, since enemies would just ignore me.

Last edited by Incendax; 05/09/17 07:25 PM.
drBrod Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Incendax
It would be nice if Vitality gave you resistances. Even 1% for each point of Vitality, with diminishing returns, would be nice.

Best use I found for Vitality is with a solo Retribution build. I just tanked up and let everyone kill themselves attacking me. Even when I was stunned or frozen, I was still dealing Retaliation damage.

It worked well that strategy in solo? i would try the same build, maybe with some points in necromancy to regain life from reflected damage (and cast shackle).

A
A
There is a new trait being added called "unstable" you explode on death dealing damage to everyone around you based on your vitality... that would make vitality specced people very dangerous to be around when they explode.

A
A
Originally Posted by Incendax

there will be a taunt skill in the warfare line in the full release.. so a tank build will work then.

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
Originally Posted by drBrod
It worked well that strategy in solo? i would try the same build, maybe with some points in necromancy to regain life from reflected damage (and cast shackle).
I actually wrote a report about my experiences as a Solo Retaliation Tank.

Solo Retaliation Tank

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard