Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
addict
OP Offline
addict
L
I saw those in a recent video. Don't recall them being in EA or DOS I.
I assume Ambidextrous removes penalties on your 2nd weapon for Dual Wield builds?

Living Armor?

stranger
stranger
Maybe it's more about like your char becomes Living Armor, so it gives sth like +10-15% bonus physical and magic armor. Since Str and Int doesn't give those it sounds ok, not the best, but ok.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by 626th
Maybe it's more about like your char becomes Living Armor, so it gives sth like +10-15% bonus physical and magic armor. Since Str and Int doesn't give those it sounds ok, not the best, but ok.

It would be better than Picture of health in my opinion, considering armor is more valueable than vitality

enthusiast
enthusiast
Or maybe Living Armor turns you into Venom and -

Anyway, good question. Can you link us to a screenshot of the talents?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Ambidextrous reduces the cost of using Grenades and Scrolls by 1 Ap when you have an empty Offhand.
(To be honest I would rather it was the removal of the DW penalty but the actual effect is still interesting)

There is also another new talent called Unstable which causes you to "explode into a bloody cloud upon death dealing 100% of your vitality as Physical damage in a 3 metre radius"

There is a gameplay video on Youtube where if you pause at lightning speed (as the narrator does scroll over some of the talents to show Ifan's Pet Pal as he is about to converse with an animal spirit)

I don't know if I can actually link the video because of my post count but the video is "Divinity Original Sin II Undead Gameplay Video #2" uploader is GameBanshee and roughly 10 mins in is where he hovers over the talents.

September 14th can't come soon enough so I am just scouring the internet for everything about the game

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by Swedley of Smeg
Ambidextrous reduces the cost of using Grenades and Scrolls by 1 Ap when you have an empty Offhand.
(To be honest I would rather it was the removal of the DW penalty but the actual effect is still interesting)

There is also another new talent called Unstable which causes you to "explode into a bloody cloud upon death dealing 100% of your vitality as Physical damage in a 3 metre radius"

There is a gameplay video on Youtube where if you pause at lightning speed (as the narrator does scroll over some of the talents to show Ifan's Pet Pal as he is about to converse with an animal spirit)

I don't know if I can actually link the video because of my post count but the video is "Divinity Original Sin II Undead Gameplay Video #2" uploader is GameBanshee and roughly 10 mins in is where he hovers over the talents.

September 14th can't come soon enough so I am just scouring the internet for everything about the game

Honestly, Im glad its not considering how much damage rogue and dual weild warrior do. This is also considering the removal of backstabber as a talent since now knives by default give backstab.

also, Unstable seems like a potentially awesome talent on someone with Comeback Kid

Last edited by BraccusaurusRex; 05/09/17 10:35 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Uh, Ambidextrous seems really really interesting. As a fan of DW, i also hope for some talent to remove dw penalty, but that talent bring some interesting and fresh changes. I'm not aware of any game that give some one-hand free build possibilities. Same for Unstable, cant wait to try some kamikaze build laugh

old hand
old hand
Ambidextrous looks awesome to me. Exact kind of talent needed to make a one-handed build both viable and unique. 1 AP grenades sound stupid strong to me, not to mention a ton of utility from 1 AP scrolls (though damage scrolls seem to be pretty bad in the alpha since they don't seem to scale in damage with int).

journeyman
journeyman
No more "talent tax" for backstabbing rogues? That's just what we all asked for smile Thank you Larian.

Ambidextrous seems like an awesome option for building either a sword-wielding grenadier or a single-wand scroll-caster.

Seems like Larian has secretly dealt with all the talent dearth complaints that have been floating around this forum for months.

old hand
old hand
Exploding in a bloody cloud sounds, uhmm, nice, I always wanted to live the masochistic dream. think Maybe you can upgrade the talent, so that your bowels, flying around, entangle and immobilize additional foes. hahaha

Would it really work together with Comeback Kid? Does that talent let you die and revives or just survive the mortal wound? In the latter case exploding from Unstable would not be reasonable.

Unstable and Morning Person will go together for sure. But actually I hate it if I have dead party members in a fight.

A
A
comeback kid revives you when your hp reaches 0 and brings you to like 20%? hp i believe(once per fight)... the real question if they can be used together would be which triggers first.. comeback kid or unstable

Last edited by Adrianna; 06/09/17 06:58 AM.
L
addict
OP Offline
addict
L
All daggers do backstab? That wasn't in any recent video?
I'm much happier to hear that. I thought rogue had been nerfed then nerfed again.
So lone wolf or execution at lvl 1 perhaps... Decisions. Love this game

old hand
old hand
Unstable and Comeback Kid seem like they should mutually exclusive, if only for flavor reasons. One basically says you're very stable, the other says unstable.

S
S
Ambidextrous is just what was needed. However, I hoped for something like that being a free bonus for empty off-hand, especially considering the knock-down skill having been nerfed.

Last edited by Sotnik; 07/09/17 04:25 PM.
L
addict
OP Offline
addict
L
How has knock-down been nerfed?

S
S
Now it requires using 2 skills on a target to stun or knock down.

L
addict
OP Offline
addict
L
OK, thought they only changed stun and freeze. Then im dead because i have survived some combat only by using knockdown, both by Knight and Rogue. Someone said they have nerfed pre-battle buffs as well. Unable to use 'Clear Mind'. I am not sure you can use bedrolls or other pre-combat buffs either. I think that change would be perfect for Tactician Mode, would require a change of battle strategy. But for classic pre-combat buffs were good fun. It was more important for Larian to remove cheese tactics of barrells, sneaking in combat and fleeing combat

F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Sotnik
Now it requires using 2 skills on a target to stun or knock down.

Is there a video or screenshot of this? From the latest footage I've seen, knockdown hasn't changed, only stun and freeze.

Would be a big nerf to Warfare if true.

Last edited by vometia; 08/09/17 11:00 AM. Reason: formatting
F
stranger
stranger
F
And in fact, from the latest stream posted to youtube, knockdown was working as it always has, if you check 1 hour 37 minutes in. Unless it's changed very recently.

journeyman
journeyman
re: Adrianna ... Comeback kid revives you to 1 hp. When an enemy lands the killing blow on you, you revive to 1 hp instead of dying.

"Keep distant, My own demons still haunt me too closely. I cannot also bear the burden of yours."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard