Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Hi this is an early access buyer here, "Flee" allows one to slowly kill off one enemy at a time( killing 1 at a time by fleeing and regening) especially with a rogue or ranged, and this makes very challenging fights a cakewalk, shall we make flee only possible on the first turn before any action point is spent? This will reduce any instances of abusing and makes the individual fights unique and challenging . As seen from this picture I killed one mob with my rogue, then i flee, rinse and repeat (from Divinity EE), if I clicked flee I get rid of one hard mob and came back with full hp to get rid of another mob. People also abuse teleport by teleporting 1 mob close to the party and ganked it! Then flee afterwards!
It's too convenient to abuse this ! Maybe an alternative? Flee will not be an option if one mob is killed?

Last edited by vometia; 07/09/17 10:06 PM. Reason: formatting
S
S
I think the best solution would be losing some items forever at fleeing, including the equipped ones.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, strip the character naked!

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Considering how inconvenient and time consuming it is, I dont really think its necessary. Sure its easy enough to do, but imagine how long that fight takes when you have to go back to the closest shrine every time u flee. Itd be like if Larian removed save scumming.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Personally I'm against losing gear for fleeing, mostly because it's not like as you run away your pants just fall off and are EATEN by the enemy or something.

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Love this discussions going on here, if possible , can someone from the development team talks about this issue of abusing?

"Flee" abuse makes every fight a cakewalk , there are already many youtubers abusing this "flee" option. Can we do at least one of the two options?

Option 1 : makes flee only possible on the first turn before any action point is spent
Option 2: If any mob is killed while sneaking /not sneaking and you flee , the mob should be revived in the same encounter and no experience should be given.

This will really make every single encounter unique and make bosses and the minibosses really challenging with unique strats needed to kill them:) , and not some abuse of flee and teleport!

Last edited by Kassandralich; 08/09/17 03:27 AM.
veteran
veteran
Abusing sneak is far more game breaking than abusing flee. Flee takes you a lot more time to do it.

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
yes i totally agree , i have changed the options to include sneaking . Have a look at this youtube video on the OPness of sneaking . Sneak abuse

veteran
veteran
Both tactics were already op in the first game, so it is not really likely, that they even care to change it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by TraceChaos
Personally I'm against losing gear for fleeing, mostly because it's not like as you run away your pants just fall off and are EATEN by the enemy or something.

That would be the funniest solution however.

Then your gear gets teleported to the lost and found and you have to get there butt naked and buy your gear back at an inflated cost of +500% but your money is also in the lost and found so you can't buy it back, damn!

If you are an undead everyone would attack you in town!

That's what you get for fleeing!

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
Both tactics were already op in the first game, so it is not really likely, that they even care to change it.

It is really abuse and i think we should voice it out so as to make it an even better game. We already can cast spells before engagement !

Last edited by Kassandralich; 08/09/17 05:48 AM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
This is another situation where I remain firmly in the "don't like it? Don't use it" camp. Why does it matter what other people do in their games?

Although it's not a facility I use often, I think I'd be somewhat irked if it became artificially inconvenient to use in case someone "abused" it.

J'aime le fromage.
Originally Posted by vometia
This is another situation where I remain firmly in the "don't like it? Don't use it" camp. Why does it matter what other people do in their games?

Although it's not a facility I use often, I think I'd be somewhat irked if it became artificially inconvenient to use in case someone "abused" it.

Agreed, and this isn't the first time something like this has been discussed. For the thousandth time this isn't an MMORPG or an eSports game, you're not competing with anyone.

It's a cRPG flavored a lot like DnD; if flee abuse seems like cheating to you don't do it. Go look at standard trainer sites (or watch videos to see how EASY it is to use cheat engine). I could give myself infinite AP or HP on release, or so much str I one shot everything.

Aaaaaand so what? Is that any of your business? It also trivializes sneak and flee abuse, doesn't it? Your suggestion isn't really bad (flee really should have less likelihood to succeed the longer combat goes on) as a general mechanic but I don't think we really need to address the abuse.

Zec Offline

Also I agree with this, wtf they care how do I play my game, I remember how I was irritated in HoMM when you had to pay for your hero to get permission to retreat with remained army.

This is not competitive game this is cooperative game, if I decide with my friends that we wanna "sneak in kill one and retreat" without fighting with others that are in area, why would we get punished for that???
That is OUR decision in OUR game other players have no interests in it. Why would they cared how we play our games???

made in Betanija
apprentice
apprentice
I partially agree with vometia, homewer some little drawback to certain tricks it's not a bad idea.
I suggest to make a flee cooldown, something like 15-20 mins, to discourage the abuse.
It's not a complete and safe solution, but if you are ready to wait 20 mins just to artificially simplify some fights, well, just download cheat engine.

M
stranger
stranger
M
In my opinion in this case we have to make an evaluation of two extreme scenario's:
First scenario, a good player uses the flee mechanic to deliberately "snipe" out an combatant at a time, and uses the flee option to prevent any harm done to his or her party.
Little abusive.

Second scenario, a poor player is losing horribly, remembers that they can flee, flee isn't obstructed, and gets the hell out of that nasty position, they've gained some information, and perhaps even killed an enemy, but they weren't going to win it, and rather than die and reload, they fled.
Desired use of the flee button.

This is important simply because if you change the game for the top end abuser, you will also, change the game for the people who do use the mechanic in its intended use, is it fair to penalise the bad player arbitrarily, just because a few good players will "abuse" the mechanic?

In my opinion the "cure" is worse than the "disease" in this case, the inconvenience caused too all the players who just punched a little above their pay grade and don't want to die (reload) doesn't make up for the very minor abuse caused at top end.

From personal experience I can also just bluntly say that I played the first game at top difficulty and not a single flee was used, I just reloaded, re positioned and face slammed the content till I figured out how to beat it. So I really see no reason as to why the flee option should be nerved for people who do not want to use that method.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by drBrod
I partially agree with vometia, homewer some little drawback to certain tricks it's not a bad idea.
I suggest to make a flee cooldown, something like 15-20 mins, to discourage the abuse.
It's not a complete and safe solution, but if you are ready to wait 20 mins just to artificially simplify some fights, well, just download cheat engine.

Why does it need to be discouraged? It's not really a problem at all let alone something that needs solving, especially not with an approach that could have unintended consequences. Just let people play their games as they see fit. Making something artificially awkward to use doesn't really seem any different to the sort of handholding that's often complained about.

J'aime le fromage.
Zec Offline
I dont see why retreat be punishable at all, I mean technically what is the difference between retreat or simply reloading? only that in one option you see that loading screen after the party wipe and on other you start retreat right away and get same result.
Let people to play game as they want to and how they want to.... I mean even if they want to play it alone on "kings throne" and play it instead of mobile, let them.... it is their and only their`s choice

made in Betanija
enthusiast
enthusiast

I agree as well.
I don't think I have ever used the flee button in DOS:EE anyway.

I
journeyman
journeyman
I
If someone wants to beat the game like this, who cares he or she isn't hurting anyone else.
I wouldn't even mind if they would add a "I win" button for that matter. As long as I can hide it, don't wanna press it accidentally.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard