Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Could the dev team implement something like a new game mode say tactician or a better name(without fleeing once) , for people who are really fond of the challenge? Thanks everyone for the input , i should have change my topic title to people who are vying for a challlenge, wouldnt want to remove flee just for the sake of people who like challenges and replayability of the game, since hardly ppl make crpgs!

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
There will be a tactician mode in the released version, though I don't know what if any changes will be made to flee at that difficulty setting.

J'aime le fromage.
stranger
stranger
If there's a way to modify this ability in multiplayer games and custom campaigns/scenarios, I'd say let it stay as is. If people want to play the game like cowards, then allow them to do so, but I'd rather it not be used to break player mods where it's supposed to be challenging.

old hand
old hand
One of the several fields where single players seemingly have to suffer from the competition crowd. Let it the way it is, that's my opinion. I like the option.

I used it three times till now, once when my chars ran into the Voiddweller without intent, once when a spell hit a bystander and also an important vendor joined the fight and once when the lizard guardian in the Seekers Hideout got aggressive for unknown reasons. I had not saved for a long time and didn't want to kill, so I simple fled. Quite convenient.

Last edited by geala; 09/09/17 08:58 AM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Kassandralich
Could the dev team implement something like a new game mode say tactician or a better name(without fleeing once)

You know, this seems like the perfect thing for an achievement. Complete an ironman run off the game without using the flee option.

(That way you can't easily savescum it either, so it's actually worthy of an achievement.)

Last edited by MadmouseKed; 09/09/17 09:53 AM.
H
stranger
stranger
H
"I win" buttons have been around for 20 years.

IDDQD

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
I think achievement is a good idea, but i hope they implement a mode for people who wants a challenge where flee and teleport cannot be abused, this can improve the game replayability and epicness. I really think they should also be actively trying to patch/balance things up since this flee issue is really makes the game a cakewalk! The "Honour mode" can also be easily abused if one flees every single encounter after killing one mob, and come back to rid the rest. Give the casual and challengers different game modes so they are both satisfied. I really support Larian studios and hope this game sells!
Gamers who are up for a more challenging Divinity experience, feel free to post on this thread!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard