Page 1 of 2 1 2
#610079 12/09/17 04:11 AM
A
AIso Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Do they exist thus far in game? If so, where can I find them? I must gather them all and destroy them before my friends find them >_<

AIso #610086 12/09/17 05:27 AM
journeyman
journeyman
To my knowledge no one has found them in EA, so I do not think they will be there. As for later in the game? Who knows.

AIso #610089 12/09/17 05:45 AM
G
addict
addict
G
They are on the ship in the basement secret place

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by gaymer
They are on the ship in the basement secret place

You find the first on the table in Dallis' Chamber where one dude is sitting.

AIso #610093 12/09/17 07:10 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I was wondering about that. For four players is there still a possibility of "teleporting" from one to another?
Since that was the main use of those, why not just add a "teleport to" option, I'm thinking only two pyramids will be tedious for four players.

AIso #610104 12/09/17 09:14 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm guessing the pyramids mostly are there for teleportation [to party members] convenience and to ensure parties without the teleportation spell can complete certain puzzles.
Based on the interface that appears once you interact with one of the teleporter pyramids there might actually be more than two pyramids later on in the game.

AIso #610108 12/09/17 09:28 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Then again since one pyramid teleports to another, I don't really see how more than two could work...

AIso #610125 12/09/17 11:41 AM
A
stranger
stranger
A
Right click your Yellow Pyramid and have a drop down like..

[Teleport to Red]
[Teleport to Blue]
[Teleport to Green]
[Drop]
[whatever else is in the typical right click drop-down lol]

Wouldn't that work?

AIso #610129 12/09/17 12:22 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I'd be surprised if they did more than two as the pair of pyramids has been a thing since Divine Divinity. And from a gameplay perspective, several would seem to be overpowered unless they do something like restricting them to only transporting the character using the pyramid rather than the whole team.

J'aime le fromage.
AIso #610136 12/09/17 12:53 PM
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
Looks like they are doing more than two. When you click on the Pyramids, there are slots for three other people.

Lore wise, two sets of Pyramids would make more sense than a quartet, but I understand that would make the game awkward.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by vometia
I'd be surprised if they did more than two as the pair of pyramids has been a thing since Divine Divinity. And from a gameplay perspective, several would seem to be overpowered unless they do something like restricting them to only transporting the character using the pyramid rather than the whole team.

I don't really feel that to be OP if we compare it with how teleport worked in DOS:EE. From anywhere you could go to any other portal.
Except to solve puzzles, I never used Pyramids. I guess I could have left one near my Crafting spot, ...

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Deadknight
I don't really feel that to be OP if we compare it with how teleport worked in DOS:EE. From anywhere you could go to any other portal.
Except to solve puzzles, I never used Pyramids. I guess I could have left one near my Crafting spot, ...

I always saw the portals as an entirely different mechanism: same thing in e.g. Divinity 2 where you could warp back to the Battle Tower from anywhere and (albeit via a slightly convoluted route) get to a portal that would take you to any of the others. The pyramids were always their own thing. In DD in particular I usually left one next to a handy sleeping spot by the market unless I needed them both for something else.

Edit: actually, D2 did have the pyramids, didn't it...? It's been so long since I did a full play-through and I have a terrible memory. I think that was the upshot of Zixzax's usual randomness, anyway. Further edit: apparently not, unless they've been cunningly hidden. Well thanks, memory, for being typically unreliable. <_<

Last edited by vometia; 12/09/17 05:56 PM.

J'aime le fromage.
AIso #610182 12/09/17 06:00 PM
apprentice
apprentice
I think there could be more then two pyramids for three and four player coop.

Rollenspiel hört nicht beim technisch möglichen auf, es hört auf wo deine Fantasie endet.

Lasst uns den hilflosen Drachen vor der bösen Prinzessin retten!
... Das klingt irgendwie falsch...
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by vometia
I always saw the portals as an entirely different mechanism: same thing in e.g. Divinity 2 where you could warp back to the Battle Tower from anywhere and (albeit via a slightly convoluted route) get to a portal that would take you to any of the others. The pyramids were always their own thing. In DD in particular I usually left one next to a handy sleeping spot by the market unless I needed them both for something else.

Edit: actually, D2 did have the pyramids, didn't it...? It's been so long since I did a full play-through and I have a terrible memory. I think that was the upshot of Zixzax's usual randomness, anyway. Further edit: apparently not, unless they've been cunningly hidden. Well thanks, memory, for being typically unreliable. <_<

Yeah, it is a different mechanics, it just so simple to go anywhere that I don't feel that the pyramid really make it worse. I could be wrong though.

Can't recall D2, I haven't played it too much. All I recall is the beginning was super hard and then WAY too easy even after switching the difficulty all the way to the max frown

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Deadknight
Yeah, it is a different mechanics, it just so simple to go anywhere that I don't feel that the pyramid really make it worse. I could be wrong though.

Can't recall D2, I haven't played it too much. All I recall is the beginning was super hard and then WAY too easy even after switching the difficulty all the way to the max frown

The pyramids were quite useful in certain awkward situations, though for me their main use was a convenient route to an otherwise inconveniently-located merchant!

D2 was quite absurdly difficult at the beginning. I think I died quite a lot at that first goblin camp before I'd even got away from the village. I was grateful of its comparative ease later on because I'm lazy. biggrin

J'aime le fromage.
AIso #610217 12/09/17 10:22 PM
A
AIso Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Do we know what happens if we don't get the pyramid from the ship before it crashes?

AIso #610229 13/09/17 12:53 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by AIso
Do we know what happens if we don't get the pyramid from the ship before it crashes?

The ship isn't destroyed as far as we know, it seem it will serve as your base (a bit like the homestead in DOS).
Even if it is destroyed at some point and you did not pick them up, I'm confident you'll still be able to recuperate them somewhere.

AIso #610236 13/09/17 01:35 AM
A
AIso Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
We are talking about the initial ship right? Like the one you sail to fort keep on that gets attacked?

Also, where the hell is the pyramid O.O I spent quite a bit of time but couldnt find it.

(you can private PM me directions if you want. I couldnt find the room mentioned above)

AIso #610237 13/09/17 01:43 AM
apprentice
apprentice
No, we are talking about the ship you'll use to leave the island.

Rollenspiel hört nicht beim technisch möglichen auf, es hört auf wo deine Fantasie endet.

AIso #610241 13/09/17 01:52 AM
A
AIso Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Oh, well I am terribly dumb. I thought we werent even able to get on the boat in EA?

Last edited by AIso; 13/09/17 01:52 AM.
AIso #610242 13/09/17 01:54 AM
apprentice
apprentice
I am talking of the island, where Fort Joy is located and you can leave the fort and get rid of the source collars with all your charakters.

AIso #610257 13/09/17 03:40 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by AIso
Oh, well I am terribly dumb. I thought we werent even able to get on the boat in EA?

Minor spoilers but still
In EA the boat crashes and all the act one is about leaving the Island were Fort Joy is. You finish the EA by leaving on a different boat. The pyramids are on that second boat.

AIso #616165 19/09/17 06:46 PM
stranger
stranger
I found the third pyramid!
It is in the room behind the door which cannot be unlocked (there is a hidden switch) in Ryker's basement.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Hi Everyone, I am currently on Reapers Coast and did not have any pyramid I found. I went back to Lady Vengeance to look and no pyramid to be seen in Dallis' room nor was I able to find the secret chamber which I am assuming I may need to have at least one pyramid? Any help would be appreciated thank you

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Jay_man
I found the fourth pyramid!
It is in a chest in the Archives on Bloodmoon Island.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Man, tell me please, how did you opened that chest?

AIso #620657 24/09/17 06:44 PM
F
stranger
stranger
F
Oh, we are opened it right now with lockpicks!

AIso #621002 25/09/17 08:16 AM
L
stranger
stranger
L
Hello

[spoiler]
4th Pyramid is located in Archives on Bloodmoon Island.[/spoiler]

Be aware of fact that Pyramid CAN BE DESTROYED by AoE skills and such while it's dropped on the ground. I had yellow pyramid dropped on the ground near source fountain in the basemenet so I can fast tp-in to refill my source points.

Then there was some fight in the basement and my pyramid got destroyed once and for all :( If you want to have fast tp to source refill place, put it into some cabin there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard