Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I have noticed that on occasion I will use Spread Your Wings, then Fly and I will still take damage as if I am running on the surface I am trying to avoid. For example near the Refuge back entrance just past the ruins where you encounter the waves of Voidkin(?) maggot psychos there is a red bulb, several green bulbs, and a blue bulb all in line obstructing the path to the back entrance. If you cast Fly from just before touching the fire surface you will take fire damage and poison damage during the entire flight which can nearly kill your character.

I notice the bug more if I am standing in a surface > cast Spread Your Wings > Fly out of the surface to a location with an elevation change whether it is above or below my current location. Or if I Fly to the edge of a surface. I can provide a video later if my description isn't very clear.

Support
Support

Are there any clouds around when this happens? I assume not when flying to the edge of a surface, anyway.

OP Offline
Yes, now that you mention it there is a poison cloud near the back entrance of the Refuge. Is it intended that flying above cloud surfaces will damage you as if you were running through them?

However, I have experienced this when there aren't clouds around as well. I remember it happening a lot with the cursed frogs that ambush you in the cave grotto area.

Support
Support

Flying through clouds should do damage; I'm not sure about over.

A
A
clouds still affect you while flying as they are not ground effects so an electrified cloud could still stun you ect while flying.. but normal ground effects should not affect you.

Last edited by Adrianna; 13/09/17 06:30 AM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard