Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21
Kultyz Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hello everyone,

i have a confirmed collector's edition ordered but so far i have no update on shipment and knowing internation mail isn't instant i fear i will not receive the game on the release day.

Is there any information about this?

Even if we can get the steam code by email and then the collector's edition box arrives a few days late wouldn't be a problem for me but having the game and not be able to play it is frustrating....

Best regards,

veteran
veteran
As far as I know shipment will happen at release day.

Kultyz Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
i want to cry... that means i will only get it a week after the release....

I was expecting something better then that for those who paid for a collector's edition

it really feels bad to play this game a week later then those who just bought standard edition.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
I can't spend money like that in a game so HAHA.

Seems messed up though but HAHA anyways.

You should try contacting them directly. There's probably a way they can get you your steam code before release.

Try direct messaging Raze. He'll probably chime in on this topic eventually but it can't hurt to message him.

Last edited by Ghatt; 12/09/17 01:08 AM.
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I feel your pain bro. I also bought the collector's edition and have no idea when it's going to arrive... fortunately for me though, I already bought the Steam version TWICE (for two different accounts) before buying the collector's edition. So I have two copies ready to go at launch and a third one maybe a month or so later whenever the physical one arrives. Still looking for who to give that 3rd Steam code to though.

GMAddon1: Adds almost every single monster and NPC from the main campaign into GM mode, plus a few large custom maps to use in GM mode.
W
stranger
stranger
W
Well,
Ideally those who buy collector's edition receive a code (or even two) with their confirmation mail for their order - e.g. Torment Tides of Numenera.
Personally I got lucky catching the collector's edition at the last moment. I'm talking about the 1000 unit that were on sale couple of weeks ago.
We asked here on the forums and they denied that there will ever be such a sale by the way. The same thing concerned the voice overs - really like they have decided to voice the npcs, for those that were against that, all I can say there is a mute button that is no hard to use silly .
p.s. Shapeshifter777, you can give the code to me, though as I said, I'm not in a hurry.

Last edited by white; 12/09/17 04:10 AM.
Apparently the pre-order CEs will be shipped the day before release date (ie tomorrow), so they will "start arriving" on release day. But indeed, there's no guarantee that they will actually arrive on release day... it may be a few days later.

Those who ordered a Kickstarter CE already have the game code on their account, so for them this isn't relevant... they already have access to the game and the digital goods on release day. This only applies to the 1000 people who were fast enough to get one of the left-over CEs.

[edit] on a positive note, though... this means that by the time you start playing, other people will already have run into the most game-breaking bugs and there may already be some workarounds or high priority fixes... so you should have a more stable playthrough

Last edited by The Centaur; 12/09/17 08:55 AM.
Support
Support

Tracking numbers will be provided after the pre-order CEs and Kickstarter rewards start shipping.

Kultyz Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Raze

Tracking numbers will be provided after the pre-order CEs and Kickstarter rewards start shipping.

This tells me i will be in pain watching others play the game while i look at the tracking number waiting for my steam code to arrive... (cry)

Raze i would thank you if you at least could ask to send the Steamcode by email when the shipping is done alongside with the tracking number.

Originally Posted by Kultyz
Raze i would thank you if you at least could ask to send the Steamcode by email when the shipping is done alongside with the tracking number.

I seriously doubt this is possible at this stage. The CE boxes are already at the shipping company, and I sincerely doubt that Larian has kept a logbook of exactly which Steam code is in which CE box... so which customer gets which Steam code. And I doubt that most customers would want that shipping company to open up and unpack their CE box, to get their Steam code.
So if they did this, they would have to give you a new and unused Steam code, meaning you'd have two different codes (ie two copies of the game) once the box arrives.
If you really want that, then you may just have to purchase that second copy of the game...

Last edited by The Centaur; 12/09/17 11:36 AM.
Support
Support

Unfortunately, it is not possible to email the codes. Someone did look into that, but the company handling the production of the boxes would have had to keep track of which keys went into which boxes from the start to be able to do this.

Originally Posted by Shapeshifter777
I feel your pain bro. I also bought the collector's edition and have no idea when it's going to arrive... fortunately for me though, I already bought the Steam version TWICE (for two different accounts) before buying the collector's edition. So I have two copies ready to go at launch and a third one maybe a month or so later whenever the physical one arrives. Still looking for who to give that 3rd Steam code to though.

I'm in the exact same situation. Ordered CE when I saw the books. I have the two codes I need and the CE-key goes to my brother-in-law. He doesn't know it though.
I've only fed him the occasional tid-bit about the EA, but I know he loved playing Galdur's Gate, so I'm sure it will be a nice surprise.

Great last words.

Oh no. Not again...
Shipment has started. People with the Kickstarter CE have started receiving emails with a tracking number...

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I'm disappointed that five minutes after that was posted I'm still waiting for my confirmation. Obviously when I say "disappointed" I mean outraged.

J'aime le fromage.
Kultyz Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
IT seems my was not sent yesterday as i have not received any email....

I'm starting to dislike the way this has been done... paying for a collector's edition to not be able to play for an entire week after release date (since it will take a week for it to arrive).

Seems Larian is growing and starting to not care much about their consumers since they have enough already....

frustrating...

journeyman
journeyman
Refreshing e-mail every 10 minutes......................... frown

Last edited by BoTToX; 13/09/17 09:52 AM.

My signed collector bike ; )
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
If it makes you feel any better mine hasn't been shipped either, in spite of being a fairly high-tier backer. Even being a forum mod doesn't get me priority treatment. biggrin

Larian are pretty good guys, not sure why the shipping schedules are a bit tight, it may even be a stipulation by the likes of Valve that they can't be sent until the day before the release date, though that's pure conjecture. Patience is a virtue, they say, though I admit that in that case I'm not very virtuous.

J'aime le fromage.
Originally Posted by Kultyz
Seems Larian is growing and starting to not care much about their consumers since they have enough already....

Yeah, give it to them! That'll teach Larian to not still try and make an additional batch of Collector's Editions (outside of the Kickstarter batch) available to fans who missed the Kickstarter. Clearly a sign that they don't care about their customers. think

Originally Posted by BoTToX
Refreshing e-mail every 10 minutes......................... frown

As if that will make the box arrive any sooner. If you weren't in the batch that received the email yesterday by the end of the day, then you'll most likely receive it today by the end of the day. But even those who did receive the email yesterday, will have to accept the fact that the box won't be at your home tomorrow.

on a more global note:
I think it's kind of sad, actually... people can wait months, even years, for this game to be released, but once the release date draws near, it's just unacceptable that some people have to wait just a few more days, while some others may already be able to play the game. I see this every time a game is released, and it truely saddens me. Where does that sense of entitlement come from? Why can't people just be happy for those who are able to play on release date, and accept that they themselves may still have to wait a few more days?

Last edited by The Centaur; 13/09/17 10:55 AM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by The Centaur
on a more global note:
I think it's kind of sad, actually... people can wait months, even years, for this game to be released, but once the release date draws near, it's just unacceptable that some people have to wait just a few more days, while some others may already be able to play the game. I see this every time a game is released, and it truely saddens me. Where does that sense of entitlement come from? Why can't people just be happy for those who are able to play on release date, and accept that they themselves may still have to wait a few more days?

In general I agree with you, though I wouldn't necessarily describe it as a sense of entitlement that buying something with the expectation that it would be ready by a set date is unreasonable. Just that it's not worth getting all het up about. I think the "entitlement" word is thrown around a bit too readily.

I think the main concern about some people receiving stuff later than others is the risk of spoilers, which is why the "Tuesday for the US and the Friday after for everyone else" gets up people's noses a bit. But yeah, hopefully by the weekend will do me: if my existing steam code doesn't work, I'll just continue with my new play-through of FO4. I might do that anyway. :p

I think things are different to how they were, though: I grew up in the good old days of "please allow up to 28 days for delivery", which generally translated into "please allow at least 28 days for delivery, and possibly up to 28 weeks." God, they were like the dark ages.

J'aime le fromage.
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard