Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Benny89 Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
B
Hi,

Didn't have opportunity to play EA so I need to ask on forum :). I am powerbuilder by nature and always enjoy playing strongest, most broken builds in RPGs.

What is currently considered strongest build/path? I heard that Rogues are very strong but with recent changes they were nerfed a little it seems.

So what is strongest build in your opinion now?

Thanks for all answers!

Last edited by Benny89; 11/09/17 12:57 PM.
old hand
old hand
How should we know, as the release will be quite different to the EA?

The build with the most abuse of getting as much ap as possible will still be the most op, I bet. Or try an all-source-skills build.

I
journeyman
journeyman
I
Like geala said it is hard to say due to the heavy changes.

But my guess is that rogues are still the strongest class.
They should have the highest single target dps and as such make the best use out of the op sneak strategy.

B
Benny89 Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Irons
Like geala said it is hard to say due to the heavy changes.

But my guess is that rogues are still the strongest class.
They should have the highest single target dps and as such make the best use out of the op sneak strategy.

What race would you suggest for Rogue? Undead Elf?

Did they buff anything significantly that could potentially be a very strong new OP build?

Thanks in advance for tips!

Last edited by vometia; 11/09/17 03:44 PM. Reason: formatting
I suspect that the highest single target 1turn damage class will be a rogue, mortal blow essentially one shots almost everything including bosses. If you have daggers with piercing damage even more so. Despite the nerf to flesh sacrifice elves will very minutely do more damage than a human with encourage. I think the next highest is going to be a ranger with rage and snipe. It is probably the best opener in the game imo, second only to rage + piercing shot ability if multiple enemies are in line.

With that said, every class has the opportunity to become "broken." Each plays slightly different and is powerful in their own way. I was not a fan of hydromancy so I made it a point to try and solo act one and only use water spells, I can now appreciate how much control they have over the battle field. They basically wreck any melee character because you can make the entire battlefield a giant ice rink, and freeze everyone in place every turn.

I
journeyman
journeyman
I
@Concarne
Yeah CC is really strong but has been nerfed quite a bit as it now takes at least 2 actions to stun or freeze someone

@Benny
For Dps, Elf is the best Class as in the last stream we could see that they didn't nerf FleshSacrifice.
So my tipp for Top DPS Race would be Fane with a Elf mask or an Elf alive or undead.

I haven't really seen any buffs.
The biggest changes were how CC now works and that they nerfed the AP gain with Executioner and Adrenaline. Which effects both the mage and rogue build.
However Backstab is no longer a Talent (works now by just using daggers) so therefore rogues have gained more or less a talent point.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Benny89
[...]I am powerbuilder by nature and always enjoy playing strongest, most broken builds in RPGs.[...]

I am surprised you consider yourself a powerbuilder but don't take the time to build it yourself. Sounds more like a power user since you seem to build off of other player's builds.

As other said, too many changes to give reliable advice however your character will probably need some Polymorth skills (skin graft), maybe you want Fane as starting origin to have the Time warp. Probably want high damage. Some player were able to solo with Warfare, Enchanter or rogue focus. I think you can have any flavor you want you just need a specific set of skills that are required for all.

B
Benny89 Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Deadknight
Originally Posted by Benny89
[...]I am powerbuilder by nature and always enjoy playing strongest, most broken builds in RPGs.[...]

I am surprised you consider yourself a powerbuilder but don't take the time to build it yourself. Sounds more like a power user since you seem to build off of other player's builds.

As other said, too many changes to give reliable advice however your character will probably need some Polymorth skills (skin graft), maybe you want Fane as starting origin to have the Time warp. Probably want high damage. Some player were able to solo with Warfare, Enchanter or rogue focus. I think you can have any flavor you want you just need a specific set of skills that are required for all.

Thanks! I will do my own powerbuilding but you know, I don't have that much time anymore and my friends want to start immidietly playing co-op through whole game so I won't have time to test things as I would if playing solo. So I seek advise to start strong asap.

So Fane Undead Elf Rogue is good choice to start, yes?

Last edited by vometia; 11/09/17 03:44 PM. Reason: formatting
veteran
veteran
Rogue will be probably tough at start with no appropriate skills, better keep a ranged weapon handy for the early phase.

A
A
Skin graft was heavily nerfed.. it is now a source ability and requires source points to use so i wouldnt rely on it too much.

L
addict
addict
L
Question that I still haven't seen answered. This will cause the biggest nerf of certain early builds. Any EA spells that will require more than lvl 1 skill in full game?

A
A
Originally Posted by LostSoul
Question that I still haven't seen answered. This will cause the biggest nerf of certain early builds. Any EA spells that will require more than lvl 1 skill in full game?

yes many skills require more than 1 level in the full game.. an example is steam lance or whatever it was called which now requires hyrdro 3.. im sure there are more.

L
addict
addict
L
Hi adrianna- thanks for that. Was that from a vid or forum post? Steam lance - is that the Hydro source spell.
Maybe some source skills will require lvl 3?
Main issue would be skin graft I don't normally take poly 3...

A
A
with skin graft being a source skill now maybe your right.. maybe all source skills require 3 in the skill.

Last edited by Adrianna; 12/09/17 10:53 AM.
I
journeyman
journeyman
I
Personally I hope that the TopTier skills like MortalBlow require at least 8 points.
Otherwise I fear every char will just run around with the 4-5 top skills not matter what class the use.

veteran
veteran
Yeah, 3 points for 3 slot skills sounds a bit cheap.

old hand
old hand
I should have asked earlier: do you like to play solo or in a group? In a party things can be different of course as you can use synergies. Do you think of op in terms of damage or utility?

If you ask me for the most efficient single target damage build (away from beat-the-game-ap-builds) without source skills, I would use a rogue with Necromancy and Hydrosophist. A rogue can remove the physical armor of even strong enemies quite often in the first turn with Backslash + Throwing Knife, then can use Adrenaline and apply Decaying Touch + Restoration which means certain death for most foes.

If you look at longer duration damage, a two-handed warrior with a crit build may be better.

A group of mages may be best.

Last edited by geala; 12/09/17 12:18 PM.
I
journeyman
journeyman
I
I will play 2x rogue LoneWolf

Personally I think the Combo Nec + Huntsman is stronger than Nec + Hydro for Rogues.
As they won't spend many points into int.

old hand
old hand
As far as I know healing spells are not affected by Intelligence. So a rogue with 10 Intelligence should get the same amount of damage from Decay + Resto as a high Int mage.

Or had that changed?

Huntsman is also great with Necromancy, for First Aid (and of course Tactical Retreat). It's however from my experience not that much damage as Restoration which runs for two turns. Maybe that changes later as First Aid is a percentage?

Last edited by geala; 12/09/17 01:03 PM.
I
journeyman
journeyman
I
First Aid is 30% HP

From my testing intelligence improves the healing but the improvement isn't that big.

/Edit: The % makes it particular strong vs bosses

Last edited by Irons; 12/09/17 01:13 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard