Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
https://youtu.be/xL7_U7oWJzk

Loving the way they presented this. I wish there was more info about crafting, and mod support. They are the two areas with the least info.

Last edited by Concarne; 13/09/17 05:24 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
"Craft EPIC equipment.. or pizza" <3 10/10

OP Offline
So what is everyone's plan tomorrow? It releases at 9/14 @ 11am EST.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13922866

The end of that video with the guy yelling DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN 2 gave me goosebumps.

H
apprentice
apprentice
H
that's highly unprofessional, i hope not everyone playing this have such mentality

what if Larian said the same and had to release the game a day late because they faked a sick day? would you like that?

Originally Posted by HQSykes
that's highly unprofessional, i hope not everyone playing this have such mentality

what if Larian said the same and had to release the game a day late because they faked a sick day? would you like that?

You're taking this too seriously. Even if the entire company somehow called in sick (unlikely in a realistic context) I'm pretty sure the game would still release, it's very customary for companies to give massive amounts of leave after release and have only a small on-call team (or person) to deal with extremely drastic issues but most of them we'll get logged and put on the backburner until the devs get back to continue putting out patches or new content.

So your example is a poor one and it's not really a huge deal; people were doing it since I was a teenager. I can't tell you the amount of people back with EB Games midnight releases were a thing (pre Steam glory days) were happily saying they were calling in the next day.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Lol, not anyone would do that if they had such an important day like Larian has tomorrow.

That said, I actually took the rest of the week off. No time to pretend I am sick!

H
apprentice
apprentice
H
Originally Posted by Nightmarian

You're taking this too seriously. Even if the entire company somehow called in sick (unlikely in a realistic context) I'm pretty sure the game would still release, it's very customary for companies to give massive amounts of leave after release and have only a small on-call team (or person) to deal with extremely drastic issues but most of them we'll get logged and put on the backburner until the devs get back to continue putting out patches or new content.

So your example is a poor one and it's not really a huge deal; people were doing it since I was a teenager. I can't tell you the amount of people back with EB Games midnight releases were a thing (pre Steam glory days) were happily saying they were calling in the next day.

it was a clear hyperbole

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard