Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
hi does anyone know how lone wolf will work with a 3 player party?
i know lone wolf does not work if max party size is bigger then: 4 - every lone wolf tallent
but if 2 or more players pick it what will happen?

will it just stop working?, will it work for one? or will it work for all?

Last edited by djsyther; 14/09/17 12:53 AM. Reason: added my speculations
It only works for 2, it disables if you have more than 2 in party.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
ok thanks

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
It's somewhat unfortunate. I would love to play a Lone Wolf, and my friend wishes to play two characters. But nobody is going to lose sleep over it.

veteran
veteran
So you are talking about 2 players and not 4? In that case I guess, it will work for you. As long as you don't control an NPC. At least in D:OS1 it worked that way. You could go lone wolf playing with one character and your partner not playing with 2.

A 3 player party is something different than 2 player + 1 companion.

stranger
stranger
anyone know what the lone wolf talent will do?
My brother and I are most likely going to do this just like D:OS EE

journeyman
journeyman
From the stream:

"Lone Wolf is available from level one. You can pick it at character creation. It doubles all the points that you invest in attributes and skills. The limitation is that you can travel alone or with one companion. This means that you can still play with your buddy or with one companion to enjoy the full benefits of Lone Wolf. If you hire someone else the bonuses will be temporarily muted."

That should answer all the questions above. Any further questions about it can be answered in less than 12 hours :p

veteran
veteran
It does not say, if your buddy can hire someone or not. for me it sounds, like your buddy can still hire someone, if he does not want to take lone wolf too.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
It does not say, if your buddy can hire someone or not. for me it sounds, like your buddy can still hire someone, if he does not want to take lone wolf too.

It does not matter if it is you buddy or yourself. If the party is more than 2 it no longer works apparently.

veteran
veteran
No, they say, you can have a buddy or a companion, but not both. But they don't say, if your buddy can have a companion additional to you or not. It still sounds similar to D:OS1, if you took one-man-army the specific character could not recruit, but the other character still could.

enthusiast
enthusiast
No, they say, you can have a buddy or a companion, but not both. But they don't say, if your buddy can have a companion additional to you or not. It still sounds similar to D:OS1, if you took one-man-army the specific character could not recruit, but the other character still could.

Well you'll confirm when the game is out.

enthusiast
enthusiast

From the in-game description:
"[...]This bonus temporarily removed while there are more than 2 members in the current party."

Still have doubts about it?

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Deadknight
From the in-game description:
"[...]This bonus temporarily removed while there are more than 2 members in the current party."

Still have doubts about it?

How is "current party" defined?
- does is count every player in my game?
- does it count players without shared quest book? (have read about this in the shared quest exp thread)
- does it count characters that are not connected to my portrait? (and so can enter combat individually)
- if the last case is true: is the lone wolf bonus removed when such an unconnected character joins my combat?

Last edited by Tommy123; 14/09/17 05:44 PM.
veteran
veteran
So, if one guy takes lone wolf, the second guy is forced to take it aswell? That sounds not that well of a decision. frown

enthusiast
enthusiast
So, if one guy takes lone wolf, the second guy is forced to take it aswell? That sounds not that well of a decision. frown

Uh, what? No. Where did you get that? IF one persont akes it, they get the benefits. If the second person doesn't take it, hey don't get the benefits. If there's a third person or character in the party, guy 1 loses the benefits of it.

It just emans you can only have up to two characters, not that the characters are forced to take the talent.

veteran
veteran
Yes, but if the second guy does not take it, it is most likely, because he wants to take a companion. But if he takes a companion, the first guy loses the benefits?

If the first guy takes lone wolf, the second guy needs to take it aswell, otherwise he is at a disadvantage, because he can't recruit anyway.

N
stranger
stranger
N
I kind of wish Lone Wolf functioned like it did in the first Original Sin, i had my 2 partners, one took lone wolf, the other did not, and i then just recruited 1 of the other followers primarily to tag along so i had a party of 3. Made for a fun but still challenging tactical game. Bit of a bummer it has been changed for this one frown

"Between Light & Dark, I walk the Shadows"

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard