Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21
journeyman
journeyman
I've you bought the CE and don't have a digital key, just contact Larian support and I am sure they'll give you one so you can play tomorrow.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Nuked
I've you bought the CE and don't have a digital key, just contact Larian support and I am sure they'll give you one so you can play tomorrow.

They won't, that would be giving 2 licenses to the game, and considering that there was a tier on Kickstarter that got you 2x DOS2 and the CE, it would not be right to give a free copy to that 1000 as well.

apprentice
apprentice
Anyways, I got my shipping confirmation as well, and so far the only thing that has happened is a label was created, doesn't look like DHL actually has the package in their possession.

apprentice
apprentice
If you want some kind of idea of how long it might take use this site
https://www.trackingmore.com/dhl-de-en-ship-packages-from-germany-to-other-countries-by-dhl

For those 1000: as eisberg77 said, Larian won't give you an extra Steam key for free. if you really want to play today, just purchase an extra DOS2 standard key on Steam or GoG. By the time the box arrives, you can always sell (or give away) the Steam key that's included there.

Last edited by The Centaur; 14/09/17 05:16 AM.
F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by The Centaur
For those 1000: as eisberg77 said, Larian won't give you an extra Steam key for free. if you really want to play today, just purchase an extra DOS2 standard key on Steam or GoG. By the time the box arrives, you can always sell (or give away) the Steam key that's included there.

Yeah, i guess this is going to be my plan for this evening...

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by eisberg77
https://www.trackingmore.com/dhl-de-en-ship-packages-from-germany-to-other-countries-by-dhl

Wow. I knew they were slow, but that's quite special. The logistics are interesting, and I can't quite fathom how it takes longer to ship to the UK from Germany than it does to India, though at least it's quicker than Ireland who have to wait a staggering nine days (presumably excluding weekends).

DHL also have a habit of breaking stuff and levying incorrect import fees along with their own exorbitant "import fee fee". They are not my favourite shipping company.

J'aime le fromage.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by eisberg77

Wow. I knew they were slow, but that's quite special. The logistics are interesting, and I can't quite fathom how it takes longer to ship to the UK from Germany than it does to India, though at least it's quicker than Ireland who have to wait a staggering nine days (presumably excluding weekends).

DHL also have a habit of breaking stuff and levying incorrect import fees along with their own exorbitant "import fee fee". They are not my favourite shipping company.

Can confirm that Ireland is appalling for post - it's actually quicker to have items shipped to Northern Ireland then sent down to us, rather than have anything sent directly to Ireland!

Haven't had too many issues with DHL, in my experience DPD are far, far worse and I avoid them at all costs after a couple of 'incidents'. Interesting tracker though, will bookmark for future use....

I really hope I finally get my despatch email for my KS items, haven't heard anything since last Friday - if shipping has been delayed, it'd be nice to hear from them about it at least - am far too impatient as I want to find out whether or not I ordered the correct size in my hoodie! laugh

F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by vometia

Well, DHL is a mystery to me, too, sometimes they're superfast and sometimes your stuff wont arrive in weeks or land in some neighbour streets or even at the other side of the city... Still no DHL Email for me by the way.

HappyShops is, according to Google, about 5 hours away from me, guess I'll propose Larian to fetch it by myself for DOS3 laugh

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Got my DHL confirmation email. Are the time estimations at the link above business days or just any and all days?

GMAddon1: Adds almost every single monster and NPC from the main campaign into GM mode, plus a few large custom maps to use in GM mode.
Kultyz Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Nuked

already contacted them directly and received this:

""Dear #######,

I’m sorry to hear you have the feeling of being treated incorrectly!
As mentioned on the website, everything will be shipped on September 14th. There is a physical key in the box, it’s not possible to provide you a digital code as well.

Kind regards,
""

So they just won't fix this mess and i've not seen anywhere clearly stating that "everything will be shipped Septermber 14th"

So we bought a CE but we have to buy a regular key to actually play on time? This is nonsense!

And we are close to half way of release day and still not even tracking number email...

Larian did a great game from what've been reading and i congratulate them for the game and i'm very happy for it, but the way (i believe by mistake) that they are handling the 1000 CE is horrible...

it might be even worth it to just get a CE refund and buy the regular version!

Last edited by Kultyz; 14/09/17 09:26 AM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
In your position I'd really be inclined to hang on the extra few days to get the CE: it looks like a nice edition to have just for the books, which will probably never be available elsewhere. I agree that the shipping has been handled rather clumsily and perhaps it's easy for me to say since I have a digital key from the Kickstarter campaign but I'd really stay with it.

As it is, it's very unlikely I'm going to be playing any time before tomorrow as the download's not going to start until at least 4PM local time I have special low-speed broadband and may not play until I'm done with my latest venture in FO4 anyway.

J'aime le fromage.
journeyman
journeyman
I still didn't get a conformation for shipping. I am fine with that because I don't need the CE right now but I thought they would send it out sooner and germany isn't that far away.

Originally Posted by Kultyz

So they just won't fix this mess and i've not seen anywhere clearly stating that "everything will be shipped Septermber 14th"

Well, the order page for the CE (shop.larian.game) DID say "Pre-order now and we will ship you your very own Collector's Edition September 14th 2017."

But as for "won't fix this mess"... as posted by Raze on the first page of this thread:
Originally Posted by Raze

Unfortunately, it is not possible to email the codes. Someone did look into that, but the company handling the production of the boxes would have had to keep track of which keys went into which boxes from the start to be able to do this.

So it's not that they don't WANT to give you your key now, it's that they CAN'T give you your key now, because they don't know what your key is. So they would have to give you a second key. If you're really that upset about having to wait a few more days and not being able to play today, to the point that you're considering asking a refund for the CE, then you can always buy the standard edition now, and just sell the complete and unopened CE once it arrives... I'm sure there are still plenty of people willing to purchase it from you...

Last edited by The Centaur; 14/09/17 10:49 AM.
stranger
stranger
Well, funny enough having a normal pre-order key on top of the CE doesn't look that "bad" anymore.

Note: no shipment email yet, but cool beans.

And going to make someone happy with a gift code :)

Last edited by Hethwill; 14/09/17 10:49 AM.
Kultyz Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice

Well, the order page for the CE (shop.larian.game) DID say "Pre-order now and we will ship you your very own Collector's Edition September 14th 2017."

But as for "won't fix this mess"... as posted by Raze on the first page of this thread:
Originally Posted by Raze

Unfortunately, it is not possible to email the codes. Someone did look into that, but the company handling the production of the boxes would have had to keep track of which keys went into which boxes from the start to be able to do this.

So it's not that they don't WANT to give you your key now, it's that they CAN'T give you your key now, because they don't know what your key is. So they would have to give you a second key. If you're really that upset about having to wait a few more days and not being able to play today, to the point that you're considering asking a refund for the CE, then you can always buy the standard edition now, and just sell the complete and unopened CE once it arrives... I'm sure there are still plenty of people willing to purchase it from you...

Every other purchase gave you digital key, there was nothing saying CE editions would ONLY be physical key, therefor they switched what they did for ALL other purchases and did not mention it.

Again this is not about the other content of CE, just the key. (let's face it... a game that has no CD and can only be downloaded having a paper with a key doesn't make sense)

Kickstarter CE got their key digitally only this 1000 did not.

About not being able to know which key goes into each order it means they are either lacking organization, because they will have to keep track of which key belonges to each order since it's not digitally generated... it's a physical item, somwhere there has to be a registry of them, things are not done randomly in companies or are they on Larian? So far they have done everything right besides this.

So yes i still believe they could fix it, it's just that it would give them more work then they are interested in doing and i will not go buying another key nor going to sell one.

PS: i don't expect they will do anything about this, i'm past that as it clearly is not of their interest, but perhaps in future games there is the possibility they will take better care of their costumers and learn from this mistake, otherwise today it's just me and a few more, next time it will be many more until their reputation is affected by this and they will loose more money then the work it would give them to do things better.

edit: and yes i am angry at this hence the wall of text.

Last edited by Kultyz; 14/09/17 11:19 AM.
stranger
stranger
Hi there guys/gals.

Reading the posts here I just learned that DHL is the chosen courier,So I believe I have a "problem":

I live in Brazil and usually DHL operates in such a way here that they always charge a LOT of extra money from imports because Brazil's taxes are crazy. I understand they operate according to the law but I'm sure there are other companies that deliver for cheaper.
Actually when its not from couriers, sometimes we wont even get any tax charges for products (Has to do with lack of personel to check every package that arrives, or something like that).

Now, my fiance is from the US and I could tottaly have it delivered there as I believe the taxes shouldn't be such a problem, if at all.

I understand there may not be time to change adresses at this point, Its just that I may be paying an extra 75% of the 200 dollars fot the CE box.

Well, I'll try and see what I can do, I guess I just felt like sharing with you guys.

Kickstarter CE got their key digitally only this 1000 did not.

Kickstarter people got their keys early because they also got alpha/beta access. And "every other" edition of the game is digital, so yeah, naturally they get digital keys.
It's actually quite common (even today) that a physical edition of a game will have its game code inside the box, and not mailed to you. But I'm sure that, if Larian could still change it, they would send you the key by email, instead of having them put inside the box. But it's too late for that.

About not being able to know which key goes into each order it means they are either lacking organization, because they will have to keep track of which key belonges to each order since it's not digitally generated... it's a physical item, somwhere there has to be a registry of them, things are not done randomly in companies or are they on Larian? So far they have done everything right besides this.

No... Larian just needs to give the company producing the boxes 1000 Steam keys, and that company needs to differentiate between the Kickstarter boxes (no key) and the pre-order boxes (with key). Other than that, nobody cares exactly which Steam key goes to exactly which customer.

journeyman
journeyman
I did not get any shipping info frown

Last edited by BoTToX; 14/09/17 11:49 AM.

My signed collector bike ; )
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Esev
Hi there guys/gals.

Reading the posts here I just learned that DHL is the chosen courier,So I believe I have a "problem":

I live in Brazil and usually DHL operates in such a way here that they always charge a LOT of extra money from imports because Brazil's taxes are crazy. I understand they operate according to the law but I'm sure there are other companies that deliver for cheaper.
Actually when its not from couriers, sometimes we wont even get any tax charges for products (Has to do with lack of personel to check every package that arrives, or something like that).

Now, my fiance is from the US and I could tottaly have it delivered there as I believe the taxes shouldn't be such a problem, if at all.

I understand there may not be time to change adresses at this point, Its just that I may be paying an extra 75% of the 200 dollars fot the CE box.

Well, I'll try and see what I can do, I guess I just felt like sharing with you guys.

This is my first time I have ever ordered something from another country. I live in the US, and I have no idea how much more I am going to have to pay.

Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard