Print Thread
#610578 14/09/17 07:41 AM
J
Jjiinx Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Divinity: Original Sin 2 would be a best seller on the Switch. Especially considering the co-op nature of the game and GM mode, getting people together IRL for roleplaying would be much nicer since the Switch is so portable.

Jjiinx #610584 14/09/17 08:11 AM
H
stranger
stranger
H
Yess!! DOS2 on Switch would be awesome!

Jjiinx #610590 14/09/17 08:27 AM
That's assuming people are actually willing to purchase the game on the switch, or the switch itself for that matter. 3rd party games bombed on the Wii U pretty hard. Can't imagine it's on Larian's radar at the moment. I bought the Wii U and enjoyed it, but I can't see myself picking up the switch any time soon, if at all.

Jjiinx #610609 14/09/17 10:13 AM
journeyman
journeyman
I don't think it can run this game.

S
S
Originally Posted by FadeToBlack

Switch can run anything, if you can get one.

J
Jjiinx Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Originally Posted by FadeToBlack

If ID can port Wolfenstein II to the Switch then Larian can damn sure port D:OS2

Jjiinx #611167 15/09/17 07:33 AM
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
The real problem however is that if this Nintendo is anything like past ones. In the past, they are always the hardest (most expensive) to port to (though Sony really did some silly stuff last gen with their cell architecture). Nintendo always used proprietary architecture so tuning games for their hardware was not always easy. Unless DOS was written using some sort of cross platform engine that can auto-optimize and support Nintendo (I am not aware of any), then its going to be somewhat costly and time consuming. It would be much easier to port to XBox or PS since they are both x86-64. The Nintendo is basically a cell phone thats specialized for gaming (its cheaper than most cell phones). This is not a bad thing, nor does it make it weak, but its very different.

I guess it comes down to just how many Nintendo users would be interested in a western RPG. 3rd party games struggled with Nintendo in the past.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard