Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
War of the Chosen is a great example of what a DOS2 Expansion pack should be. I know Larian doesn't like expansion packs, but it is worth considering it.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
War of the Chosen is a great example of what a DOS2 Expansion pack should be. I know Larian doesn't like expansion packs, but it is worth considering it.

Yeah... Thanks for the plug that isn't descriptive, doesn't say why it is so good, and ignores the many shortcomings of the expansion.

Which you NEED to when the game in question is an entirely different genre.

Might as well go "Hey, Dark Souls is a popular game! you should be more like Dark Souls"

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Neonivek
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem

Yeah... Thanks for the plug that isn't descriptive, doesn't say why it is so good, and ignores the many shortcomings of the expansion.

Which you NEED to when the game in question is an entirely different genre.

Might as well go "Hey, Dark Souls is a popular game! you should be more like Dark Souls"

I'm quasi-certain that at least someone at Larian has played it.
Besides, I'm talking in principle, about not being afraid to release something ambitious and largely expanding upon the existing game.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
If they released expansion packs for this game, I would buy every single one, as long as all the new creatures, weapons, spells, characters, textures, etc. were useable in GM Mode and the world editor.

GMAddon1: Adds almost every single monster and NPC from the main campaign into GM mode, plus a few large custom maps to use in GM mode.
D
D
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter777
If they released expansion packs for this game, I would buy every single one, as long as all the new creatures, weapons, spells, characters, textures, etc. were useable in GM Mode and the world editor.

Hell, I'd be up for paying for story extensions via expansions, new races, classes etc.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
I actively want them to make expansion packs. Mainly for the custom campaigns and GM mode. Give me and my friends more monsters, skills, skill trees, items and mechanics in general.

They've created a system that leads to lots of player crafted gameplay. Give us more tools for the sandbox please.

Q
apprentice
apprentice
Q
Larian plans to make another RPG after D:OS 2 with the same engine and mechanics.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/243950/discussions/0/133255808537381320/

I guess that's a stand-alone expansion pack like Beyond Divinity, if not outright Divinity:Original Sin 3.

N
old hand
old hand
N
I just hope they re-add Witchcraft.

V
stranger
stranger
V

Isnt the necromancy the same as witchcraft? with some improvements?

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Vigorr

Isnt the necromancy the same as witchcraft? with some improvements?

No it takes 1/4th or even as low as 1/6th of the skills from Witchcraft. But is otherwise its own thing, with its own focus.

Unless it completely changes in chapter 2 and on, that seems to be the situation.

I'd agree if it went in the same direction as Witchcraft. Which I guess it still might...

80% chance I am wrong.

Last edited by Neonivek; 14/09/17 12:04 PM.
stranger
stranger
If we're not getting expansions, I hope they'll still support the game for at least a year after release with patches, and small content improvements. Modding goes a long way, sure, but it'd be nice to see some official stuff.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
They might add additional content when they release the inevitable console versions.

GMAddon1: Adds almost every single monster and NPC from the main campaign into GM mode, plus a few large custom maps to use in GM mode.
journeyman
journeyman
Re: Dark_Ansem

Whoa, dude not cool. The game is absolutely amazing and asking for more content after all that we have gotten with this game is insulting to the work and creativity the team at Larian has been working on the last 2 years. The work Larian has done, far surpasses what most games these days give us, and for that we should be grateful.

I respect your right to share your opinion. And constructive criticism is a good thing. But without you explaining your view, it comes across as pretty insensitive and down right insulting.

"Keep distant, My own demons still haunt me too closely. I cannot also bear the burden of yours."

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard