Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21
F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by eisberg77

This is my first time I have ever ordered something from another country. I live in the US, and I have no idea how much more I am going to have to pay.

Well, normally they should take the extra shipping costs I paid (I mean... 20$ for a 5 hour trip? That's pretty much) and pay your duty fees with it, but I don't think this won't be enough sad

Still greetings from Germany to the US (and also to the Brazilian guy), I hope, we'll have our CE soon in our hands.

An additional 75% sounds very excessive... but if Brazilian import taxes really are that crazy, it could be true.
Usually, for Europe and the US, the import charges for a box like this would be the VAT charges that apply for your country (eg in Germany that would be 19%) plus an additional administration charge (which in Europe is usually between 10-15 Euros).

I'm still surprised, though, that Larian is shipping the boxes for Northern America from Germany, instead of using a distributor inside the US... or Larians Canadian office location.

Last edited by The Centaur; 14/09/17 12:04 PM.
Kultyz Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by The Centaur

Kickstarter people got their keys early because they also got alpha/beta access. And "every other" edition of the game is digital, so yeah, naturally they get digital keys.
It's actually quite common (even today) that a physical edition of a game will have its game code inside the box, and not mailed to you. But I'm sure that, if Larian could still change it, they would send you the key by email, instead of having them put inside the box. But it's too late for that.

Every original sin 2 is digital, there are no CD/DVD it can only be downloaded. Every game i purchased that has no CD/DVD ALWAYS has digital key, every CE i've bought that had no CD/DVD ALWAYS sent the key code digitally.

So i don't accept that excuse ur offering and even if i can accept that they can't do anything about it now, it still remains that it was a bad mistake.

No... Larian just needs to give the company producing the boxes 1000 Steam keys, and that company needs to differentiate between the Kickstarter boxes (no key) and the pre-order boxes (with key). Other than that, nobody cares exactly which Steam key goes to exactly which customer.

So your telling me that Larian generated 1000 unique keys, had (or contracted someone) to print them on paper, delivered them to DHL, without ever having a registry of the keys? Then what if someone says his key is not working? what if some mail delivery goes wrong? there are no registry of any of it? Maybe i'm used to work in companies where we have to keep track of those things and next time someone comes and complains i'll simply tell him "sorry but i don't keep track of our things".

That simply doesn't make sense.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Kultyz

Kickstarter people got their keys early because they also got alpha/beta access. And "every other" edition of the game is digital, so yeah, naturally they get digital keys.
It's actually quite common (even today) that a physical edition of a game will have its game code inside the box, and not mailed to you. But I'm sure that, if Larian could still change it, they would send you the key by email, instead of having them put inside the box. But it's too late for that.

Every original sin 2 is digital, there are no CD/DVD it can only be downloaded. Every game i purchased that has no CD/DVD ALWAYS has digital key, every CE i've bought that had no CD/DVD ALWAYS sent the key code digitally.

So i don't accept that excuse ur offering and even if i can accept that they can't do anything about it now, it still remains that it was a bad mistake.

No... Larian just needs to give the company producing the boxes 1000 Steam keys, and that company needs to differentiate between the Kickstarter boxes (no key) and the pre-order boxes (with key). Other than that, nobody cares exactly which Steam key goes to exactly which customer.

So your telling me that Larian generated 1000 unique keys, had (or contracted someone) to print them on paper, delivered them to DHL, without ever having a registry of the keys? Then what if someone says his key is not working? what if some mail delivery goes wrong? there are no registry of any of it? Maybe i'm used to work in companies where we have to keep track of those things and next time someone comes and complains i'll simply tell him "sorry but i don't keep track of our things".

That simply doesn't make sense

This.

Also I know that I will get my game at least 2 weeks from now, It's holiday time at my country and no one is working...+not going to play it total of a month because i'm on a trip 2 weeks later......that's kindda upset me as well. frown

I hope at least that loose bugs/balance will be fixed by then.

Last edited by Silvermcfluff; 14/09/17 12:27 PM.
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by Raze

Tracking numbers will be provided after the pre-order CEs and Kickstarter rewards start shipping.

Raze, the tracking numbers are useless they do not update apparently. So yes we get a tracking number, that basically tells us we have an item, but doesn't track crap.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Townsendvol

Tracking numbers will be provided after the pre-order CEs and Kickstarter rewards start shipping.

Raze, the tracking numbers are useless they do not update apparently. So yes we get a tracking number, that basically tells us we have an item, but doesn't track crap.

You're lucky to even have received a tracking number :P

Every game i purchased that has no CD/DVD ALWAYS has digital key, every CE i've bought that had no CD/DVD ALWAYS sent the key code digitally.

Sounds like you've been very lucky so far, because I'm s*cker for CEs, and I definitely don't share your experience. I'm quite used to having to wait days, or even weeks, for both my CE box and my digital game code. There are only a few (large) publishers that also include the code in email.

This isn't uncommon at all, especially not for fairly small and independent companies such as Larian. Not all companies are required to log every single step of the process!
They will have the full list of those 1000 keys, they just don't have each key linked to a specific person. If your key isn't working, they will ask you to provide the key (maybe a photocopy of the paper with the key on it) in your communication with them, so they can double-check it with the list. And if your valid key does indeed turn out to be not working, they will have to generate a new key anyway.
As for mail delivery going wrong... that's why there's tracking on these packages. But I don't think they have any spare CEs left, so if your mail delivery somehow ends up somewhere else, they will just have to give you a full refund.

All in all, you're right though... there's nothing anyone (neither Larian nor we) can do about it at this stage... so all I can recommend, is to sit tight, have patience, and enjoy the game (and the box) once it arrives.

Last edited by The Centaur; 14/09/17 12:51 PM.
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Yeah I saw on the KS page that some never even got an email but got their CE today.

Originally Posted by Amata

You're lucky to even have received a tracking number :P

stranger
stranger
Oh boy!

So I talked to both Larian and Happyshopps and they will try and change my delivery adress to my fiance's in the US. laugh

And about the tracking number not working: In my experience its just a simple matter of time, they take a few hours if not a day to start showing up it's progress. Unless the company uses a live update that is unfamiliar to me.

Cheers!

Kultyz Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice

Every game i purchased that has no CD/DVD ALWAYS has digital key, every CE i've bought that had no CD/DVD ALWAYS sent the key code digitally.

Sounds like you've been very lucky so far, because I'm s*cker for CEs, and I definitely don't share your experience. I'm quite used to having to wait days, or even weeks, for both my CE box and my digital game code. There are only a few (large) publishers that also include the code in email.

This isn't uncommon at all, especially not for fairly small and independent companies such as Larian. Not all companies are required to log every single step of the process!
They will have the full list of those 1000 keys, they just don't have each key linked to a specific person. If your key isn't working, they will ask you to provide the key (maybe a photocopy of the paper with the key on it) in your communication with them, so they can double-check it with the list. And if your valid key does indeed turn out to be not working, they will have to generate a new key anyway.
As for mail delivery going wrong... that's why there's tracking on these packages. But I don't think they have any spare CEs left, so if your mail delivery somehow ends up somewhere else, they will just have to give you a full refund.

All in all, you're right though... there's nothing anyone (neither Larian nor we) can do about it at this stage... so all I can recommend, is to sit tight, have patience, and enjoy the game (and the box) once it arrives.

Well this has reached a point that is going too away from the topic. You clearly had your experiences with CE and companies as i have had mine and that won't take this anywhere in the end.

Point is, i'm trully disapointed with this and nothing can/will be done about it and there's no point in continuing to speak as it will not help anyone.

I also want to note to whoever has been reading that this has nothing to do with the game... as far as i've been reading the game is great and i do want to play it.

For me i've already sent an email to the shop to gather more information about refunding (4 hours ago and still no reply) in any case i don't even have the tracking number yet so...

I've said my peace, hope someone responsible in the company hears it and next time they can launch another great game with better costumer service.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert

Yeah, same. I'm not sure I've ever received a code in advance of any sort of retail copy arriving in the post. In some cases (er, hai EA) you're lucky if you even get all the pre-order codes ever.

J'aime le fromage.
FYI: Larian just reported (in their release day video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0JgWa21jQY) that they're suffering a power outage, and the release may be a little bit delayed. So it's not even sure that everyone else will be able to play the game today...

apprentice
apprentice
So am wondering if those of us who brought the Kickstarter C.E plus hoodie all have our shipments delayed - the Kickstarter video said that the hoodies are stuck in customs, so this could explain why I've not heard anything about my stuff being despatched?

journeyman
journeyman
I think, i back Divine hoodie redux tier + a T-shirt and dont received shipping info for now.
They (happyshop) certainly want to send CE and hoodie in one package to minimize shipping costs.

Last edited by BoTToX; 14/09/17 02:14 PM.

My signed collector bike ; )
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
That would explain it.

I was also too slow in adjusting my hoodie size when they changed over to male-only sizing so in spite of me being a bit lardy it's going to be like a tent.

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran

I have to agree with this. My tracking information hasn't updated past the "The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically" stage, and it's been like that for several days now.

According to that tracking information it appears DHL doesn't even have the shipment in their possession yet, so Sven's suggestion that the CE will be in our hands "today, tomorrow, or early next week" doesn't seem very likely.

apprentice
apprentice
Still didn't get my tracking mail frown
Does anyone else still waiting for email??

stranger
stranger
DHL is one of the most efficient and inefficient operators out there, no idea where the line is drawn.

Using DHL, I did ship fully painted miniature armies to Malta, from western europe, and they arrived absolutely in perfect condition, on schedule. In the same way did ship book casings, overseas to US, hard package and still they manage to knack corners in.

Never, ever with any operator, DHL, UPC, TNT, MRW, etc did I have to pay any fees other than what I did already pay in the store so not sure how that works at all as the delivery price is already included in the customer invoice !?...

Last edited by Hethwill; 14/09/17 03:51 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Silvermcfluff

Haven't received my email either - are you waiting for a Collector's Edition plus a hoodie? My theory is that those orders have been delayed due to the hoodies being stuck at customs...

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Amata
Originally Posted by Silvermcfluff

Haven't received my email either - are you waiting for a Collector's Edition plus a hoodie? My theory is that those orders have been delayed due to the hoodies being stuck at customs...

Nope...the last 1000 CE.

Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard