Next Thread
Print Thread
M
marmot Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Please give me a step by step on how I can start a coop split screen game. I went to "Host game" but I don't find a way to add another player on the same machine.

C
stranger
stranger
C
It took me a while to figure this out. Here's what worked:
- Connect two controllers
- Create two player profiles
- Start a new *single player* (this is the most confusing part) game
- Once you get to character creation, the second player presses "options" on their controller, and you'll enter split screen mode.

M
marmot Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Thanks a lot for the reply! smile "Two controllers" has to be the problem. I'm pretty sure I saw a video update where they were playing split screen and one was K&M the other was using a controller.

Last edited by marmot; 14/09/17 07:05 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Would someone be able to confirm that two controllers is required. Also, can you have 2 separate monitors connected to 1 computer or must you split 1 monitor? Thank you, trying to plan for the future.

M
marmot Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Two controllers appear to be a requirement. Otherwise they would have to have one UI for one player and the other UI (controller/K&M) for the other player.

You can connect two displays and play split screen so that one display is one player. You can also have one screen split vertically (for two players), and there is an option under Gameplay options, that determines whether to force split screen or not. If you choose not, then the game calculates whether the player's position requires split screen and will switch between split screen or one screen depending on how far away you are from each other. It will even zoom out a little before splitting. Very convenient.

One of the players in a multiplayer game is considered the leading/primary player, and unless the screen is split, only he can rotate and zoom the camera. Also, only the leading player can save/load. This was probably the same in DOS, but I haven't played it in multiplayer.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Is it possible to mix splitscreen and online game?

I'm playing with a friend in the same room with my computer (mouse+keyboard and a gamepad) and another player joins us via steam?

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Originally Posted by SirSlaughter
Is it possible to mix splitscreen and online game?

Yep. Same process, have your splitscreen partner press start in the main menu/lobby.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Hi, is it possible to play with two PS4 and two monitors a 4-player splitscren game?

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard