Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#611001 15/09/17 12:48 AM
E
ecogen Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
After about 3 hours in the game I quickloaded and my game crashed.

After checking the rest of my saves I noticed that saves made past a certain point would only load if I restarted the game completely, if I tried to load while playing or quickloading the game would crash.

So, I went to one of my earlier saves that worked and kept playing from there. At some point the game froze for 30sec-1min but it didn't crash. Any save made after the freeze would act like the previous broken ones, if I tried to load it while playing it would crash and if I loaded it after restarting it would load but it would take a huge time to do so.

Basically I had to constantly quicksave the rest of the time because the game would freeze at random and after the freezes the saves would be broken. All the freezes seemed to happen in the fort joy courtyard near the waypoint shrine.

Last edited by ecogen; 15/09/17 12:57 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
I think we have the same issue here, but game is unplayable for us now and will freeze for minutes or be 1fps when it returns.

We started having these small freezes / stutters every once in a while after being in the fort for a little while, and the freezes would get slightly longer every time it seemed. Eventually we would all get a message that our game had stopped working, but if we just waited it returned after a while, so we thought we could just play onward. Then after we got back to the fort having killed the crocs on the beach, the problem had progressed to the point where the game was unplayable. Our computers would also go nuts, crash, get artifacts in other programs and I noticed the physical memory would fill up slowly until it got to 98% usage in task manager. Its as if something is constantly building up taking more and more RAM whenever we got close to the center of the fort area by the waypoint shrine or the little kitchen/hideout with griff and his crew.

Eventually we reverted to a really old save, where the problem was not present, but after having played here for a while again the problem has returned and is just as bad.

And yeah, quickloads will almost always crash the game if we haven't restarted in a while. Didn't think it was related to this issue but if the same happens to you..

Only "out of the ordinary" that we have done to the save are transferring the savefile from my friends to computer to mine at an early point in the game, however we did this cleanly as suggested by staff in another thread by going into documents and copying the save folder under Profile>Savegames>Story, so that shouldnt be an issue? We did a great deal of theft in the city by turning all the npcs around and stealing their stuff, could be related to AI going crazy looking for culprits?? Doubt it but am just listing everything.

Also, the further the issue has progressed the longer the loading times are.
Definitely not something related to our computers as we are all having the exact same problem with very different specs.

E
ecogen Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Sounds similar to the issues I'm having, except for the artifacting.

Surprisingly I remember having one of the huge freezes after stealing something so you might be on to something there, I'll check if I can reproduce it tomorrow.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Yeah we went absolutely crazy and stole skillbooks, gold and armor from almost every npc in the fort. Thats about the only thing I can think of that we did in the city that might be different from what most players do.

I sent an email to support with my savegame attached. I also linked them to this thread, but I will update you if I get a solution from them through email.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I've just tested on a new save stealing from every npc in the fort, as well as stealing a bunch of stuff on the ground everywhere, then leaving and reentering the area and letting the game run for an hour while standing there. Could not replicate the issue on the new save, even though I think I did pretty much everything that I did on the corrupted save.
Seems like its just some random glitch? Or maybe it only happens while in multiplayer, do not know.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I got it even though I dont play multiplayer, I got that first quickload-crash around the marshes and after that Fort Joy kept crashing.

I also stole stuff, but I dont think that matters.

(EDIT). I suspect this is a memory leak issue that persists between saves.

If anyone wants to see for themself here is a save just below Fort Joy ghetto. Clicking on the ladder takes one to the surface where it crashes.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=11823750174380190523

Last edited by Testing; 15/09/17 04:30 PM.
E
ecogen Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
I messed around a bit more and I noticed that if the game takes a while to complete the save, that save will be broken (ie. will crash game on load unless you restart the entire game). Also the broken saves have a file size of around 8 to 8.5MB while the saves that work normally are below 7.

W
stranger
stranger
W
i have the same problem,loading is very long(bad save about 2 mins,good save take about 20s),when go to fort joy square,game will crash,same as what Subcryo says,memery leak,if i teleport to other place,game dont crash

save files
[url=https://1drv.ms/f/s!AqZqszBvA9voj91w0hswzGod4wrmmA]https://1drv.ms/f/s!AqZqszBvA9voj91w0hswzGod4wrmmA[/url]

Last edited by wolvenstorm; 16/09/17 04:43 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Have the same bug. Crashes in Fort Joy and everytime I quickload in the game. Only the first loading after the game was started works.

Last edited by FadeToBlack; 15/09/17 07:02 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
Also having the same issue, everything seemed to be fine in fort joy up until i used the fast travel option to return to the Hub. Now the save takes about 2-5 minutes to load and when it does load the game occasionally stops responded for 1-3 minutes then i can play normally for about 2-4 minutes before it stops responding again. This repeats until the game crashes or i attempt to load a save at which point the game crashes anyway.

T
stranger
stranger
T
This issue is so terrible, something is HORRIBLY wrong with the Fort Joy square-kitchen.

This is a MEMORY issue as one can see by looking at task manager while the game freezes. Memory shoots up to 99%.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I have the same issue playing on co-op via LAN every save after a 10-20s freeze are unloadable after the very first load since launching the game. We noticed the problem late and the only Good save is about 3hr before where we are. From the good save were able to load even after the first load..

Last edited by Driis; 15/09/17 08:19 PM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
I have the same issue, it's really annoying. I hope they fix it soon since in this state it's too frustrating to play.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I have the same issue and i believe it's caused by huge memory leak in Fort Joy, but i can't understand the reason of this.
Was there any comments from the devs on this issue?

Last edited by MagnastraW; 15/09/17 10:52 PM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
I have exactly the same problem. Its extremely annoying.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Same issue here. Same problem exists in D:OS EE when quicksaving games: I get that freezing issue and it shows like 1 frame every 5 seconds and i see my character teleport around the place while this happens until it suddenly fixes itself. What helped was deleting unnecessary saves, but i only have 10 saves in D:OS2 so that can't be the problem now :(

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by NotCYF
Same issue here. Same problem exists in D:OS EE when quicksaving games: I get that freezing issue and it shows like 1 frame every 5 seconds and i see my character teleport around the place while this happens until it suddenly fixes itself. What helped was deleting unnecessary saves, but i only have 10 saves in D:OS2 so that can't be the problem now frown

I just tried deleting all savegames but one, but it seems the problem is bound to each save.

For future visitors: It seems after a point in the game (10-12 hours in) some event occurs that makes the central fort joy area (kitchen-square) cause massive lag (likely memory related).

C
stranger
stranger
C
Exact same issue passing the exact same location (Fort Joy passing the kitchen square)..I tried circumventing that area by traveling through the western beach path and still froze/crashed

this is a game-ending bug...

D
stranger
stranger
D
I tried putting the save file on another PC with the game and it too crashed during loading that save. If the devs want i can send it to them..

C
stranger
stranger
C
now my game is crashing when i quickload - even more fun....

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard