Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Rawss Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
When attempting to load any project the editor crashes with a "Glasses has stopped working" report.

Before the crash I can see in the Message Log "Failed to open file "....Base.lsb". I've attempted to search for this file to make sure I have the path set correctly but cannot find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

R
stranger
stranger
R
It looks like you have to select the ./Data folder inside your Divinity: Original Sin 2 folder.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Same problem here. After trying to select a base material for my level e.g TR_Base... the editior crashes. Gamedata path is set to ...\Divinity Original Sin 2\Data. I´ve also checked the new "Divinity Engine 2 Data" DLC checkbox in steam.

Thanks

journeyman
journeyman
Yep, lots of things is not working, like Help, statseditor, levels, etc material = crash. The error log is filled with things missing etc. Looks like all the files aren't in the download?

apprentice
apprentice
Seems like there are some issues with some tools and lot of people having crashes.

K
stranger
stranger
K
[quote=CraZzy_Sniper]Same problem here. After trying to select a base material for my level e.g TR_Base... the editior crashes. Gamedata path is set to ...\Divinity Original Sin 2\Data. I´ve also checked the new "Divinity Engine 2 Data" DLC checkbox in steam.

Thanks [/quote]
I have the same problem. Also crashing when trying to open "The Sandbox".

S
stranger
stranger
S
Crashing for me as well as soon as I try to open a project. I tried making an adventure and an addon using the story base.

R
stranger
stranger
R
"I´ve also checked the new "Divinity Engine 2 Data" DLC checkbox in steam."

Where is this DLC? I can't seem to find it on my Steam.

Also, yeah, I can't open the Sandbox project either. I did get the Origin / Combat_Test to open (oddly enough).

But even mouse picking things causes a System.NullReferenceException.

I guess they must've forgotten to release some assets or maybe there's an update in-flight or something.

Some of the errors suggested enabling the Module and Level Cache in the settings. It didn't help for me.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
This seems to be on par with the sort of issues experienced when the editor for the first game came out. I seem to remember extracting the pak files resolving some of the issues with the first editor, so maybe that's worth trying here.

Also workshop doesn't seem to be enabled on Steam so none of the publishing features in the editor or GM mode work.

Edit: Workshop just got enabled. It seems like the crashes might be related to missing the "Data" files the editor needed. I suggest reading the wiki for setup https://docs.larian.game/Setting_up_the_editor as I imagine it will clear up a lot of the issues we're experiencing.

Last edited by Foodchain; 15/09/17 06:13 PM.
addict
addict
Hello everyone,

Most of these issues are probably related to having tried the editor before everything was completely released/announced on Steam. The tools were available a couple of minutes earlier than the required DLC settings. Everything should be up and running now.

You are right about the Data folder, and the DLC menu is available via your Library. Right click on Divinity: Original Sin 2 and select "Properties" and then "DLC". A guide on this is available on the Wiki.

Last edited by Larian_KVN; 15/09/17 06:34 PM.

CTRL+K the elf
journeyman
journeyman
Yes that did indeed take care of crashing and unresponsive menus. My apologies and thank you. smile

Last edited by Rasikko; 15/09/17 06:32 PM. Reason: typos
addict
addict
No worries, that's what we're here for smile
Glad to hear it works now! Don't hesitate to contact us again if anything seems off!

Last edited by Larian_KVN; 15/09/17 06:38 PM.

CTRL+K the elf
V
apprentice
apprentice
V
I can confirm this is working now. Thanks for the help !

stranger
stranger
Is it worth ensuring Steam overlay is disabled for the editor too?

Raised by Necromancers, zombie outbreak survivor, coding & technology geek and chaos monkey.

"Raising a family is hard. Unless they're buried close together"
K
stranger
stranger
K
I'm encountering the same issue. Try to load a project, "Glasses" crashes, error message saying that Base.lsb in Divinity Original Sin 2/Public/Game/Assets/Materials/UI/Base.lsb is missing. However when i go looking for it, I don't have a Game folder in public, so really, nothing there exists. I've reinstalled the editor, downloaded the Divinity Engine 2 Data dlc, verified files for both the game and the editor, yet the issue persists. Clearly i'm missing files, but i have no idea where/how to actually get them. Is my only hope to just reinstall the entire game?

addict
addict
Hey, Kronick!

It is normal to not have such a Game path. We put our files in convenient packages that get converted to full file paths in-engine.

Have you enabled the dlc pack and set the correct data folder as noted on our wiki setup page?

Originally Posted by Larian_KVN

... A guide on this is available on the Wiki.

Last edited by Larian_KVN; 15/09/17 07:59 PM.

CTRL+K the elf
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Video tutorials would be super helpful. An image says 1,000 words. A still frame of a video says 1,000 words so a video would say an incalculable number of words.

GMAddon1: Adds almost every single monster and NPC from the main campaign into GM mode, plus a few large custom maps to use in GM mode.
K
stranger
stranger
K
I followed the guide best I could (I didn't do it in order, but I had the DLC enabled and the tools installed). I set the game data path to D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\Data, but I still get the same issue

M
stranger
stranger
M
I tried following the guide for setup on the wiki but unfortunately I don't have a DLC tab in my properties menu.

T
addict
addict
T

K
stranger
stranger
K
I'll try that. Don't know why I didn't in the first place lol

M
stranger
stranger
M
I closed steam completely including the tray and made sure no steam processes were running before restarting but unfortunately the DLC tab is still missing.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Same issue as @magimagic. I have no DLC tab, the Editor crashes like hell and to make it work I shared my account with my girl so I can get it at least working from her side.

Sloppy work on this one Larian!

T
stranger
stranger
T
Hi,
I encounter same issue, Glasses application crash when i start or open project.

1st, Install DLC : Check !
https://imgur.com/a/cvekL

2nd, Install The Divinity Engine : Check !
https://imgur.com/a/wOjWm

3rd, set game path data : Check !
https://imgur.com/a/i8ssM

4th, open The divinity engine : Check !
https://imgur.com/a/zXfiP

5th, Fail !
https://imgur.com/a/UIdbK

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by TheToi

3rd, set game path data : Check !
https://imgur.com/a/i8ssM

Are you sure that this is the right path? Paths are case-sensitive and your 'data' has a lower-case 'd'. Every install I have seen is 'Data'.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
T
stranger
stranger
T
Wow thx! It works !
Please developers, dont forget to use "Directory.Exists()" or Try catch haha :D

C
stranger
stranger
C
I had tried to start a project before the DLC was released and got this error but even now that I've installed the DLC and set the game Data path I'm still getting this error and crash. Has anyone else found a different solution to this problem?

I
stranger
stranger
I
I have done every single step listed, completely uninstalled and reinstalled everything, have the dlc downloaded, selected the correct filepath (D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\Data), and still crash with

PackedFile: Trying to get filedata 'D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Divinity Original Sin 2/Public/Game/Assets/Materials/UI/Base.lsb' from solid archive 'D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Divinity Original Sin 2/Data/Materials.pak', this should be done via the filecache!

Trying to open file for read (the lsb file above) while it doesn't exist!
failed to open
loading of lsb file failed
Material file with id [9169b076-6e8d-44a4-95eedf9eab63] and source (the lsb file) failed to load!
Failed to load MaterialResource! UIBase
A Material with id [listed above] is not loaded!

M
stranger
stranger
M
[quote=Larian_KVN]Hello everyone,

Most of these issues are probably related to having tried the editor before everything was completely released/announced on Steam. The tools were available a couple of minutes earlier than the required DLC settings. Everything should be up and running now.

You are right about the Data folder, and the DLC menu is available via your Library. Right click on Divinity: Original Sin 2 and select "Properties" and then "DLC". A guide on this is available on the [url=https://docs.larian.game/Setting_up_the_editor]Wiki[/url]. [/quote]

This fix does not work for me. I can find the 'Divinity Engine 2' under tools in the steam library, BUT if I go to the Divinity Original Sin 2 DLC tab there is no 'Divinity Engine 2 Data' to check.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Should be fixed now
If not, please tell me which package you bought or how you got your key

C
stranger
stranger
C
I still have this problem when trying to install on my main hard drive, the one I first installed on, but managed to circumvent the issue by installing the Divinity Engine to a different drive. I bought the standard game on Steam about a week before release.

M
stranger
stranger
M
[quote=Larian_QA]Should be fixed now
If not, please tell me which package you bought or how you got your key [/quote]

The DLC is still not available to me. I bought the standard game yesterday (15/9) and added the Divine Ascension DLC today. I don't know if this helps, but until I bought the Divine Ascension I saw no DLC's available in the game's DLC tab (it was greyed out). The tab only became active after buying DA, though it does not show the "Divinity Engine 2 Data" in that list.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Rawss
When attempting to load any project the editor crashes with a "Glasses has stopped working" report.

Before the crash I can see in the Message Log "Failed to open file "....Base.lsb". I've attempted to search for this file to make sure I have the path set correctly but cannot find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

SAME PROBLEM.
i gave the wrong path first time, now it's impossible to make it change.
BTW i unistalled/installed again 3 times, DLC box is checked, etc...
Please help frown

I have had the problem with the tool crashing twice when creating a new level from copy.

First time when the tool was relased. Fixed it by verify integerty of game files on the game.
Second time was after an update of the game, this time verifying games files didn't work at first, but then I just verified it again and it was fine.

I hate that it is so fragile...

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
The same for me. No DLC tab to check, and no DLC data to download. I have the toolset though.

Bought the game around 20.00 saturday. Via Steam.

/Robert

C
stranger
stranger
C
I have the same problem - no DLC tab when I click on Properties. I just reinstalled it, too. Standard game on Steam bought Saturday.

S
stranger
stranger
S
1. installed Divinity Original Sin 2
2. Installed Divinity Engine 2
4. Chose the Data folder in DOS2
5. Crashed Divinity Engine 2
6. Install Divinity Original Sin 2's Engine dlc
7. Deleted previous project, made a new project
8. crash again
9. Closed steam completely, killed all steam processes in task manager
10. Verify game's files for the DOS2 and Divinity Engine 2 files
11. Delete and make new project
12. crash again

Each time I get the same .lsb missing error, followed by "glasses has stopped working"

Any ideas?

T
addict
addict
T
The problem is that you are missing the editor data DLC. For some reason, it's not showing up for everyone. Someone found a workaround you can use until this gets fixed though: http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=612889#Post612889. It's not pretty, but apparently it works.

C
stranger
stranger
C
[quote=Tinkerer]The problem is that you are missing the editor [i]data[/i] DLC. For some reason, it's not showing up for everyone. Someone found a workaround you can use until this gets fixed though: [url]http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=612889#Post612889[/url]. It's not pretty, but apparently it works. [/quote]

I have the DLC and I still get this error. I believe there are two separate problems that people are lumping into one.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I've installed the DE2. I have the DLC checked and installed and yet when I try to open a project or create an addon the engine crashes. I have the engine pointed to the data folder as well. I tried uninstalling the engine and reinstalling it but that didn't fix the problem. Doesn't make sense to me that I have everything and it still doesn't work correctly.

Larian?

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Same. I am also pointing to the right Data folder. I have checked and downloaded the Data DLC. The glasses error and crash occur each time I create a level for a new project and its trying to load in the editor.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Just some more information here. My issue was as such:

1. All setup correctly based on wiki instructions
2. Can load the editor and start a project
3. Can create a Level, Copying from Basic level
4. Cannot create a Level, Copying from GM - Forest Cave Entrance A. Tool crashes attempting to load it.

Are maybe some levels too large to load in the Editor that was shipped? is there a setting to flip to give more memory? That one loads in the GM tool,but not the editor. I feel like the editor is missing something.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Here is a screenshot of my problem as well:
https://imgur.com/a/lBAqd

addict
addict
Hey everyone,

To the people not having the data DLC yet: We've tried several angles and are certain the DLC is set to be available for all packages. There seems to be a workaround to force the download, indicating everyone has the rights to download it. We are currently in contact with Steam to identify and fix the issue.

To people crashing on copy. Thanks for mentioning the specific levels! We'll take a look at it asap.
In the meantime, do realize that the editor takes up significantly more memory than the game. Also, as the copy function explains, it is a heavy operation that basically loads the level twice. For very large levels, you can end up requesting more memory than if available on your pc.

The GM levels however are very small and should be easy to copy even in a minimum spec. So we are investigating smile Do bear with us for the time being and apologies for the inconvencience.

CTRL+K the elf
A
stranger
stranger
A
Ya I am having the same problem when I try to copy fort joy it crashes. I thought maybe my laptop wasnt powerful enough so I tried up stairs my desktop has 32 gigs of ram so I doubt that is the problem. My laptop has 16 gigs of ram I have no idea what the problem is.

apprentice
apprentice
Glasses has stopped working. Still affected by this. Tried steps outlined on these and Steam message boards. Been trying to get this to work for days now. Please advise.

A
stranger
stranger
A
hi
i need help i am haveing a problum with my divnity engine 2
when ever i try to make terrain and get to the point wher i need to add metrial my endgin crash now i have the game frome gog so i cant do the steam fix duse any one no how to fix this on gog

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
If you downloaded the Divinity Engine 2 first and Data afterwards and still get the Glasses error, you might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling Divinity Engine 2. That fixed it for me.

A
stranger
stranger
A
thir is no data file or add on in the gog download page

A
stranger
stranger
A
on top of that i have uninstalled and reinstall divenity 2 but that did not work

I can't edit the items or skills of NPCs because the editor stops responding immediately EVERY single time. Closing the "Edit Items" or "Edit Skills" window crashes the editor with the "Glasses has stopped working" message.

The editor as it is right now is unusable for me.

Looks like this is the reason for the "not responding".
150 lines written to the log file every few miliseconds:

[21-09-2017 20:37:34:317][e:\jenkins\workspace\repo\rs3.0_fw3.0\modnew\stable\lsprojects\framework\code\corelib\Pool.inl 159 ls::BasePool<class ls::SoundSyncManager::SoundSyncLoadCallback,class ls::PoolMemory,class ls::PoolQueue<class ls::SoundSyncManager::SoundSyncLoadCallback *> >::GetMore]: Pool (SoundSyncManager_m_SyncLoadCallbackPool) growing over max size! Size: 1336 Max 32

And another 150 lines written to the log file every few miliseconds:

[21-09-2017 20:42:01:391][..\MSpeakerGroupCollection.cpp 23 EoCPlugin::MSpeakerGroupCollection::ToString]: Unknown speaker group with UUID 4bdd9996-42f7-47dc-9a2b-1d9bfa2e738f

Last edited by Blablabla; 21/09/17 08:55 PM.
I completely removed the editor and redownloaded the editor. I have the missing GizmoLines.lsb error too. I don't know if I had it before the removal, too.

GOG user so no DLC for me.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I've downloaded the editor bits DLC but it now crashes on startup. I'm guessing I need to reinitialise something, but I'm not really sure what or how; any suggestions...?

Edit: ah, never mind, found the config file hiding in the installation directory and needed to change something. It still crashes when trying to enter the sandbox though so I still have some experimenting to do...

Last edited by vometia; 22/09/17 01:01 PM.

J'aime le fromage.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard