Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Rawss Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
When attempting to load any project the editor crashes with a "Glasses has stopped working" report.

Before the crash I can see in the Message Log "Failed to open file "....Base.lsb". I've attempted to search for this file to make sure I have the path set correctly but cannot find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

R
stranger
stranger
R
It looks like you have to select the ./Data folder inside your Divinity: Original Sin 2 folder.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Same problem here. After trying to select a base material for my level e.g TR_Base... the editior crashes. Gamedata path is set to ...\Divinity Original Sin 2\Data. I´ve also checked the new "Divinity Engine 2 Data" DLC checkbox in steam.

Thanks

journeyman
journeyman
Yep, lots of things is not working, like Help, statseditor, levels, etc material = crash. The error log is filled with things missing etc. Looks like all the files aren't in the download?

apprentice
apprentice
Seems like there are some issues with some tools and lot of people having crashes.

K
stranger
stranger
K
[quote=CraZzy_Sniper]Same problem here. After trying to select a base material for my level e.g TR_Base... the editior crashes. Gamedata path is set to ...\Divinity Original Sin 2\Data. I´ve also checked the new "Divinity Engine 2 Data" DLC checkbox in steam.

Thanks [/quote]
I have the same problem. Also crashing when trying to open "The Sandbox".

S
stranger
stranger
S
Crashing for me as well as soon as I try to open a project. I tried making an adventure and an addon using the story base.

R
stranger
stranger
R
"I´ve also checked the new "Divinity Engine 2 Data" DLC checkbox in steam."

Where is this DLC? I can't seem to find it on my Steam.

Also, yeah, I can't open the Sandbox project either. I did get the Origin / Combat_Test to open (oddly enough).

But even mouse picking things causes a System.NullReferenceException.

I guess they must've forgotten to release some assets or maybe there's an update in-flight or something.

Some of the errors suggested enabling the Module and Level Cache in the settings. It didn't help for me.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
This seems to be on par with the sort of issues experienced when the editor for the first game came out. I seem to remember extracting the pak files resolving some of the issues with the first editor, so maybe that's worth trying here.

Also workshop doesn't seem to be enabled on Steam so none of the publishing features in the editor or GM mode work.

Edit: Workshop just got enabled. It seems like the crashes might be related to missing the "Data" files the editor needed. I suggest reading the wiki for setup https://docs.larian.game/Setting_up_the_editor as I imagine it will clear up a lot of the issues we're experiencing.

Last edited by Foodchain; 15/09/17 06:13 PM.
addict
addict
Hello everyone,

Most of these issues are probably related to having tried the editor before everything was completely released/announced on Steam. The tools were available a couple of minutes earlier than the required DLC settings. Everything should be up and running now.

You are right about the Data folder, and the DLC menu is available via your Library. Right click on Divinity: Original Sin 2 and select "Properties" and then "DLC". A guide on this is available on the Wiki.

Last edited by Larian_KVN; 15/09/17 06:34 PM.

CTRL+K the elf
journeyman
journeyman
Yes that did indeed take care of crashing and unresponsive menus. My apologies and thank you. smile

Last edited by Rasikko; 15/09/17 06:32 PM. Reason: typos
addict
addict
No worries, that's what we're here for smile
Glad to hear it works now! Don't hesitate to contact us again if anything seems off!

Last edited by Larian_KVN; 15/09/17 06:38 PM.

CTRL+K the elf
V
apprentice
apprentice
V
I can confirm this is working now. Thanks for the help !

stranger
stranger
Is it worth ensuring Steam overlay is disabled for the editor too?

Raised by Necromancers, zombie outbreak survivor, coding & technology geek and chaos monkey.

"Raising a family is hard. Unless they're buried close together"
K
stranger
stranger
K
I'm encountering the same issue. Try to load a project, "Glasses" crashes, error message saying that Base.lsb in Divinity Original Sin 2/Public/Game/Assets/Materials/UI/Base.lsb is missing. However when i go looking for it, I don't have a Game folder in public, so really, nothing there exists. I've reinstalled the editor, downloaded the Divinity Engine 2 Data dlc, verified files for both the game and the editor, yet the issue persists. Clearly i'm missing files, but i have no idea where/how to actually get them. Is my only hope to just reinstall the entire game?

addict
addict
Hey, Kronick!

It is normal to not have such a Game path. We put our files in convenient packages that get converted to full file paths in-engine.

Have you enabled the dlc pack and set the correct data folder as noted on our wiki setup page?

Originally Posted by Larian_KVN

... A guide on this is available on the Wiki.

Last edited by Larian_KVN; 15/09/17 07:59 PM.

CTRL+K the elf
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Video tutorials would be super helpful. An image says 1,000 words. A still frame of a video says 1,000 words so a video would say an incalculable number of words.

GMAddon1: Adds almost every single monster and NPC from the main campaign into GM mode, plus a few large custom maps to use in GM mode.
K
stranger
stranger
K
I followed the guide best I could (I didn't do it in order, but I had the DLC enabled and the tools installed). I set the game data path to D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\Data, but I still get the same issue

M
stranger
stranger
M
I tried following the guide for setup on the wiki but unfortunately I don't have a DLC tab in my properties menu.

T
addict
addict
T

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard