Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#611530 15/09/17 05:51 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I am starting a campaign with a friend on Monday and I wanted to know which difficulty we should pick. I played about halfway through the first game (actually did it 3 times) and my friend has never played it. He is mostly into action games, but likes RPGs like The Witcher, Skyrim and Mass Effect. I am a bit worried that he would get put of if we needed to min/max and be too tactical. I personally don't mind a challenge, but I do find crafting boring and I prefer a fun and cool build over having to min/max. Should we just do exploration difficulty or will classic be fine?

veteran
veteran
Probably Explorer best for a more casual run. Mainly the early phase of classic is kind of though.

For myself, Explorer for now -- I have two little ones so I spare myself the extra stress. I also use this first playthrough to enjoy the story and pick things like Persuasion/Pet Pal. It's great because once I finish I'll have a better understanding of how to min/max builds/EXP or achieve the "perfect" run down the road. Anyways, my advice, don't let a sense of shame or obligation prevent you from enjoying the game -- have fun!

Have him play on any difficulty besides explorer. Explorer is way too easy. It's the kind of easy that you play for awhile, only to get bored, because you are steamrolling everything right as you start the game. In explorer, you might as well use a god mod cheat, because you aren't going to lose a fight.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Can you change difficulty during the playthrough?

Edit: You can.

Last edited by Tiggerdyret; 16/09/17 07:57 AM.
veteran
veteran
Only if you not play Tactician if I read correctly.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard