Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Hello Larian !

I could not locate The Divinity Engine 2 either in Library > Tools nor it's extra data files in DLC.

I mention that I have bought the Divine package from Steam, if it matters.

Please help!

- Drakkan

D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
To add insult to injury, my girlfriend which has the same version, has the tools in the Library.

T
addict
addict
T
Have you tried completely exiting Steam (including via the tray icon, if it's there because it's set to keep running in the background) and then restarting it? Steam does not (always?) refresh the available packages without first shutting down completely.

D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Done and done. Now reinstalling the game. I believe it must be something with the version I bought - Divinity Original Sin - Divine Ascension, which includes only some cool fluffy stuff.

T
addict
addict
T
You shouldn't need to reinstall the game. Although maybe by restarting Steam, it detected that an update became available and it's installing that now? (which in turn is necessary for the editor)

I Believe the Divine Ascension version includes extras on top of the regular game (like the sound track). The base game (and editor) should be identical to the regular version though.

D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Agreed. Still a reinstall wouldn't hurt, I download the game at 30 Mbps and as such, it takes me 15 minutes or so. What I am a sad puppy about is the lack of the modding tool as I wanted to try to create a small room for a D&D adventure and test it out.

I am SO impressed with the work they have done on the Game Master mode.

Also, where do I get more monster models? The ones in the Game Master mode don't cover my D&D needs ...

D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Ok, I have done everything possible and I am still not getting the damn modding tools. As such I will ask for a refund. Profoundly disappointing delivery on these ones.

-Drakkanis

P.S. Larian get your stuff together and make this available as a SEPARATE download !

Originally Posted by Drakkanis
Ok, I have done everything possible and I am still not getting the damn modding tools. As such I will ask for a refund. Profoundly disappointing delivery on these ones.

-Drakkanis

P.S. Larian get your stuff together and make this available as a SEPARATE download !

Seems a bit drastic, but everyone has their priorities I suppose. Did you log out of steam and back in? When you click on tools are you sure you don't have any filters enabled? Sometimes I notice that things are not always in alphabetical order.

D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
@Cocarne, I am an IT guy and I know my way around computers. Tech support advice like "have you turned it on and off?" does not and will not cut it.

Case in point:
I bought myself the Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Divine Ascension edition and when the mods rolled out I got squat shit.
I bought my girl Divinity: Original Sin 2 basic version and in her Library > Tools area there is a The Divinity 2 Engine entry, but no DLC tab in the game's Proprieties window.

The game's on both PC's have been reinstalled and integrity verified, Steam has been restarted and killed via Task Manager, a computer restart has been performed and none of this worked, which means either Steam is stupid OR Larian took the cart into the tree with this one. Thus I am upset and I requested a refund.

D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
I have uninstalled Steam manually, rebooted the PC and now I am installing the game again. If no editor or editor extra data appears, Larian screwed up somewhere and my refund is a valid point of them screwing up royally.

It's showing up for me just fine. I don't think the Divine Ascension DLC has anything to do with the Divinity Engine 2, it's just digital extras after all. There's a couple of check boxes for me on the main DOS 2 page when I click on it from the library, one being the modding dlc one.

The Divinity Engine 2 is under tools as well, but I think you've got that installed already by the look of things.

Last edited by Ghatt; 15/09/17 10:37 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
For those of us that don't have access to the DLC (for whatever reason) probably can't do anything to fix it. I think it must be something wrong on Larian's end.

For example, I don't even see the DLC under the Hub:

https://i.imgur.com/4CNKy4p.png

I think until Larian grants it to the people who didn't get access to it, no amount of updating our game on our part will fix it.

addict
addict
@Drakkanis and any others who seem to not be able to get the Divinity Engine 2 show up on Steam.

We are very sorry to hear that there seem to be problems. We assure you we enabled access to the tools equally for all editions. As others have pointed out, sometimes such new content doesn't show up for a while, until a relog,...

That being said, we will take a look at our Steam back-end to see if we can identify and remedy this issue.

Our apologies for the unexpected delay and thank you for your patience.

CTRL+K the elf
R
stranger
stranger
R
I re-logged, switched download servers and deleted my download cache and it didn't show up (at least for me.)

D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
As I have said in a different post with the same subject:

Thank you @Larian_KVN !

I am a real jerk that is to say I am beyond feeling like one.
Hope you get that stuff together, plus some "I-amBaboon-stupid" tutorials because as much as I want to create stuff, I have no idea what I am doing !

-Drakkanis

addict
addict
You're welcome @Drakkanis!

I'll restate my post here as well:

If everything went alright, the Divinity Engine 2 should now be available to all accounts!

For our peace of mind, please do let us know if this is the case.

And don't forget to follow our Setup Guide to make sure data is set correctly for the Engine!

Our apologies again for the inconvenience.

CTRL+K the elf
M
stranger
stranger
M
[quote=Larian_KVN]You're welcome @Drakkanis!

I'll restate my post here as well:

If everything went alright, the Divinity Engine 2 should now be available to all accounts!

For our peace of mind, please do let us know if this is the case.

And don't forget to follow our [url=http://docs.larian.game/Setup:_Editor_Steam]Setup Guide[/url] to make sure data is set correctly for the Engine!

Our apologies again for the inconvenience. [/quote]

The engine is available under tools, but there is no "Divinity Engine 2 Data" to check in the DLC tab for me.

D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Dear Larian_KVN,

The toolset and the extra data aren't available to me at this time. Whatever you are doing behind the curtains, keep at it !
Another solution is to have the Divinity Engine 2, available not only on Steam but also as a separate download, in case Steam is in mood for stupid jokes.

Regards,
-Drakkanis

D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Dear Larian_KVN,

Good news and bad news ! Lets get the bad out of the way: I don't have access (yet) to the editor's extra files in the DLC section of the game. Which sux! The good news is that I have received and gained access to the engine !
Without the "extras" though, I know it will crash.

I am talking about Proprieties > DLC window where the extra files should be present. I will wait for those missing pieces as well !

Cheers!
-Drakkanis

D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
I am home now, tested the engine and it crashes when I try to use Material Editor. Which makes sense, because the additional data is missing.

https://i.imgur.com/4CNKy4p.png -->> This is what I am talking about.

Regards,
-Drakkanis

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard