Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Tooltip on Summon skill shows 5% increase in stats while it gives 10%.

Also I did not find any upgrade coming from Finesse nor Intelligence which is in tooltip of summons.
Summon, intelligence and finesse doesnt up Incarnates skill damages.

Also Supercharger does not increase damage by 50%:
86-94 to 87-109
74-81 to 89-95
37-41 to 44-48

This means Summoner is weakened A LOT comparing it to fighters or archers. I have level 13 summoning and its almost as good as my lvl 3 Warfare polyknight with 17strenght. Almost cause warfare with weapon that has 10-13damage still does more damage than incarnates and totems.

Also I can stream you the comparison between stats-non stats.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Summons receive a bonus from their personal Finesse/Int/etc., not those of the caster. This means they'll get Stronger if buffed with Encourage, etc. after being summoned.
Their personal stats also scale with the level of the caster.
Only the Summoner Skill from the caster will affect them additionally.

While this is a little unclear, is not necessarily 'bad'. It means that a ranger with high Finesse or a tank with high Con will have summons that are well-rounded. They'll have decent health, physical damage, and spell damage and not be bad at any, as long as the Summoner skill is high.

Last edited by error3; 15/09/17 09:41 PM.
D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
then theres no use in devoting points into int nor finesse until you will use weapons instead of skills.
Its better to take basic summoning skills, invest points into summoning and use a bow for other effects while investing stats into either finesse/wits or go for wand that gives some skills for dispels and get a shield investing stats into constitution/wits.

Either way something should be affecting minion spell damage. While nothing does. And still Supercharge doesnt increase damage by 50%.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by DevanaTV
then theres no use in devoting points into int nor finesse until you will use weapons instead of skills.
Its better to take basic summoning skills, invest points into summoning and use a bow for other effects while investing stats into either finesse/wits or go for wand that gives some skills for dispels and get a shield investing stats into constitution/wits.

Either way something should be affecting minion spell damage. While nothing does. And still Supercharge doesnt increase damage by 50%.

You nailed it.

veteran
veteran
You are kind of torn as a summoner. Taunt only works, if enemies have no armor, but if you infuse incarnates and totems, they deal magic damage. And without infusion, incarnate do not even have some kind of skill.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
You are kind of torn as a summoner. Taunt only works, if enemies have no armor, but if you infuse incarnates and totems, they deal magic damage. And without infusion, incarnate do not even have some kind of skill.

My solution is usually to infuse with blood, those infusions do physical damage.
Elf as Summoner can freely get you blood before the fight /w Flesh Sacrifice, and bleeding enemies keep supplying you with more blood surfaces.
Blood infused Totems/Incarnate are also more durable from the increased health/healing, respectively.

It's more than just for Taunt though. Incarnates get Battering Ram from Power Infusion and you can't Knock Down enemies with Physical Armor either. Also, Physical damage seems to be the meta atm, so your allies are likely already peeling that armor off faster anyway.

Last edited by error3; 15/09/17 10:34 PM.
D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Still you gonna later want to get better infusions off elements like blessed ice etc. So giving 2 into every school in magic would be neccessary then

enthusiast
enthusiast
Still you gonna later want to get better infusions off elements like blessed ice etc. So giving 2 into every school in magic would be neccessary then

Do Blessed surfaces make any difference to the Incarnate now? They didn't in EA.

I only used different surfaces when it was either convenient or the enemy was weak to an element.

The nice thing about aiming for Physical is that even if there is no blood, you can keep doing Physical by just summoning to an empty space. A convenient element is not always as available. Sure you don't get a resistance or an additional ability, but you don't lose any tempo either.
It's rough when no one has been hitting Magic Armor and one character has to work through a large amount by himself.

D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
I've just discovered the thing, you can make any incarnate into any element, without even needing for surface. You need 1 point into certain spell school and a book for it i.e. any of conjurer and geo skill would result into poison infusion. 1AP cost, changing incarnate into posion with poison dart. I dont know how does it affect cooldowns as of yet but thats something.

Then if you want like acid incarnate you need Acid infusion book, made of Corrosive Spray and Summon Incarnate (not sure if it has to be summon but i have tested it with it).

E/ tested, works with any conjurer and probably any tier 2 book of the element. Created blessed ice infusion off Steam lance just now.

Last edited by DevanaTV; 15/09/17 10:52 PM.
D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Okay, i've tested even more. You can have a blood infusion, use skill, change into water infusion and regeneration doesnt have cooldown, then use lightning infusion and have a shock. But skills that you used have cooldown going hidden. So if i would use Restoration, then Shock next turn and changed it back to water, resto would be still on cooldown - 1 turn less but still.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I've just discovered the thing, you can make any incarnate into any element, without even needing for surface. You need 1 point into certain spell school and a book for it i.e. any of conjurer and geo skill would result into poison infusion. 1AP cost, changing incarnate into posion with poison dart. I dont know how does it affect cooldowns as of yet but thats something.

Then if you want like acid incarnate you need Acid infusion book, made of Corrosive Spray and Summon Incarnate (not sure if it has to be summon but i have tested it with it).

E/ tested, works with any conjurer and probably any tier 2 book of the element. Created blessed ice infusion off Steam lance just now.

That is really cool. Great find. I was able to combine a Summon Incarnate with a lvl 1 Poison Dart book for a Poison Infusion Skillbook. It's 1 Memory and 1 AP to change the Incarnate's element to Poison. I'd wager this works with most elemental skillbooks.

This could be useful as changing the element grants another ability that is off-cooldown, and could also be used to change the damage type when swapping to a new enemy. I'd hate to have to allocate a point of memory towards every infusion element though.

D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Yea but as long as int doesnt give you shit - then i guess its worse to get 1 point of every Skill into elements which gonna cause loss of 4 points.

D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Okay after a few calculations its the best to go for polymorph intead of hunter skills. Polymorph has more use of our invested elements school of magic and we can still use a bow+arrows without having huntsman skills.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C

Taunt only works when enemies have no armor? thats flipping retarded, what is the point of a taunt if it cant work at the BEGINING of the fight? Once magic armor is down you just blast away with magic/physical so wtf is the point of that taunt?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Cyka

Taunt only works when enemies have no armor? thats flipping retarded, what is the point of a taunt if it cant work at the BEGINING of the fight? Once magic armor is down you just blast away with magic/physical so wtf is the point of that taunt?

Pretty much this. After the armor is gone, the fight is almost to an end unless the Enemy has a HUUGEEE health pool or w/e.

Taunt should not be blocked, that is just ultra stupid. Who came up with this? What's the point of a fking taunt if you can't taunt someone at all? After armor is gone, there is no point in taunting for the most part considering then they can be CC'd as well.

D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Taunting is generally even worse as enemy can move around and use spells under effect of that skill. Also adding that you have to take its armor first is like.. meh.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Originally Posted by UnderworldHades
Originally Posted by Cyka

Pretty much this. After the armor is gone, the fight is almost to an end unless the Enemy has a HUUGEEE health pool or w/e.

Taunt should not be blocked, that is just ultra stupid. Who came up with this? What's the point of a fking taunt if you can't taunt someone at all? After armor is gone, there is no point in taunting for the most part considering then they can be CC'd as well.

Coming from Tyranny, their use of taunt is as it Should be, begining of the fight and stops enemy using abilities. Otherwise the skill is pointless. We're going back to early access mass aoe dps down without a second turn sheiningans.

veteran
veteran
That is the core problem with the armor system. Sure, it DOS1 you had to be 'lucky', but if you succeeded for example with your charme, you were super happy. Now you either know, I don't have to try or know I will succeed anyway. This armor system turns fight into onion peeling and makes them pretty tiresome. As soon as you can CC them some how, they are probably already so low, that killing them is more effective.

D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
That is the core problem with the armor system. Sure, it DOS1 you had to be 'lucky', but if you succeeded for example with your charme, you were super happy. Now you either know, I don't have to try or know I will succeed anyway. This armor system turns fight into onion peeling and makes them pretty tiresome. As soon as you can CC them some how, they are probably already so low, that killing them is more effective.

Not to add that some of them have this perseverance skill granting them physical/magical armor back if you wont kill them in that one turn of CC.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard