Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kairos Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Actually I feel the game too easy with the fact that you can carry 100Kg when your entire armor Weight less than 10Kg.

I'd Like to begin an entire Overhaul for weight.

But actually, I don't know how to change the Strenght Modifier to make the hero Carry Max 35 Kg.

Then i'd like to create some scripts later that makes the food and rest Begin they're timer only when in combat.

And lastly I'd like to make savegames aviable only in regular beds. Because the game isn't so hard in Hard-Mode

And maybe a 20 second timer that makes the game more immersive in the action.

Then If someone used to the Divinity tools can help me it would be great.

Thx

If you don't have arguments, then just shutup and think about what you're gonna say
S
stranger
stranger
S
Kairos, we were unable to change in any way main attributes (Strength, Finesse, etc.), as well as Perks and many more in DOS|DOSEE. I presume, here we have the same situation.
I'm really hoping i'm wrong, because present attributes mechanic is way more primitive compared to DOS. And even in DOS attributes needed tweaking badly.

journeyman
journeyman
You can change the initial stats of the attributes in the stats editor under Stats>Character, but I'm looking for how to control the leveling aspect of the character.

Armor can also have its weight edited in the StatsEditor. You can look at that and see if you can achieve what you want.

Last edited by Rasikko; 16/09/17 06:30 AM.
Kairos Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thanks for the reply, but yes the idea is to change the way Main attributives works because it's realy important for modding to have the ability to make new gameplay rules.

Is there any moderator, or dev who can help please ?

For the other users and modders : Can you please help this post up ? We really need a tutorial on this Issue :)

If you don't have arguments, then just shutup and think about what you're gonna say
old hand
old hand
Good news: most of the existing attributes, abilities talents and modifiable now by edditing a certain data.txt file. This can be found by unpacking the shared.pak and looking in the Public/Shared/Stats/Generated/Data folder. The data.txt file has a ton of exposed variables to edit, including vitality scaling, surface duration, leveling progress, and many other little things. There's definitely a weight variable for strength there.

You can find stuff about unpacking here: https://docs.larian.game/Pak_Extractor_Guide

A food requirement should be possible to script. Not sure about limiting saves to beds. Adding a timer is probably possible though.

Last edited by Baardvark; 16/09/17 04:01 PM.
addict
addict
Baadvark, thanks for the tip. They are accessible, but can they be used in a sharable mod ? Would I need to repack them ?

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
Kairos Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thank you very much for the tips :D, Yes same question as Cromcrom do we need to repack the files or is it possible to load it as an addon ?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Baardvark
Good news: most of the existing attributes, abilities talents and modifiable now by edditing a certain data.txt file. This can be found by unpacking the shared.pak and looking in the Public/Shared/Stats/Generated/Data folder. The data.txt file has a ton of exposed variables to edit, including vitality scaling, surface duration, leveling progress, and many other little things. There's definitely a weight variable for strength there.

You can find stuff about unpacking here: https://docs.larian.game/Pak_Extractor_Guide

A food requirement should be possible to script. Not sure about limiting saves to beds. Adding a timer is probably possible though.

Thank you. I still can't see the talents there but it's a start.
Then how to ensure the editor loads these values, rather than hardcoded ones?

Kairos Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
[quote=Dark_Ansem][quote=Baardvark]Good news: most of the existing attributes, abilities talents and modifiable now by edditing a certain data.txt file. This can be found by unpacking the shared.pak and looking in the Public/Shared/Stats/Generated/Data folder. The data.txt file has a ton of exposed variables to edit, including vitality scaling, surface duration, leveling progress, and many other little things. There's definitely a weight variable for strength there.

A food requirement should be possible to script. Not sure about limiting saves to beds. Adding a timer is probably possible though.[/quote]

Thank you. I still can't see the talents there but it's a start.
Then how to ensure the editor loads these values, rather than hardcoded ones?[/quote]

Actually you can find all the Stats and attributes related talents ( as CriticalBonusFromWits or CarryWeightPerStr for exemple)

But Please someone can help ? once I edited the Data.txt File, how do I put the new settings in game ? Do I Have to repack the whole file or Just throw the Data.txt in the MOD folder ? ( Thank you verry much ) Maybe after this I'll try to make some Youtube videos and add them to the wiki for other players who want to mod the game. thank you

journeyman
journeyman
And lastly I'd like to make savegames aviable only in regular beds. Because the game isn't so hard in Hard-Mode

Don't think it will be possible. You can call save from script, meaning you can make it trigger on using beds. But there is no system that will prevent menu commands or F5/F8 shortcuts

Kairos Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
- About savegames, i'm thinking about firstly, Put bedrols weight from 0.5 to 10 Kg on a 20kg basic pool it should be a choice to take it in your inventory.

- Secondly, I'll try to make a script to the Food & Rest duration to 30 Minuts with 3-5 Stacks but I've to find a way to make à trigger with "Out of fight" condition.

- Then for the F5/F8 I've to find a way to make the shorcut don't work anymore in the player controller If the player is in "hardmod" I Have to find yet

- Same for the autosave timer.

- Same for The save fonction I've to think about a trigger based on the "rest" condition witch unlock the button in escape menu. or set an Autosave.

- Delete the "Magic pouch" in the inventory if the 2 players are not in a 15 meter radius

Actualy the hardmod is realy to easy I'd realy want to work on a project witch puts a real immersive hardmod. and make remember that they are adventurers and not donkeys. I think the actual state of the most chalenging mod is not really immersive.

Then if someone want to be in i'll try to start this during this week on my free time. Maybe it will be a future addition from Larian in game to put a gamemod like this. actualy We have the tools to do it our self.

Kairos Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Some Help please ? A little tutorial to know how to repack files ingame ?

old hand
old hand
You can just make your changes in the data file and then place that into your Public/YourMod/Stats/Generated/Data folder and the changes should overwrite.

You're trying to disable a bunch of hardcoded features (saves, magic pouch), so don't think you're going to have much luck with that, or you're going to have to do it in a roundabout way.

Last edited by Baardvark; 17/09/17 07:12 PM.
Kairos Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thanks dude for the Informations, I know but i'll do my best to reach My objectives.

I start to write a note for a gamedesign and try to handle the weight from now to the next sunday

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by Baardvark
You can just make your changes in the data file and then place that into your Public/YourMod/Stats/Generated/Data folder and the changes should overwrite.

There's no public/yourmod folder.

In the game directory there is Mods/modname/meta.lsx
I can't find any individual mod files, no .txt files..nothing.

I am trying to edit the data.txt file for other reasons, and I would like to add it to the mod I created in the Divine Editor, and publish that package to Steam Workshop.

old hand
old hand
Creating a mod should automatically generate a Public folder with your mod name in it (YourMod_TheLongNumberthing thing). I didn't mean a "YourMod" folder. Then you should place the data.txt file in a directory of Stats/Generated/Data (and yes, I mean create a folder named "Data" which you put the data.txt in). Create these folders if they don't exist.

old hand
old hand
It would be great if talents at the start are not preselected, so the players can choose all of them. Except maybe the single race-origin ones.

And if teleport skill can be nerfed so only Aerothurges can use it (whatever form it is, spell, scroll or an item) that would be swell. Especially if it requires two or three points (levels) investment. So its not so easily available at the very start of the game.

It would be great if those teleporting gloves were limited by charges too... but i doubt thats doable since i havent seen such a mechanic in the game at all.

Also, ive noticed that although companions level up automatically if you get them at level 2, if you change companions by dismissing one, the new companion will not level up automatically.
So it should be possible to remove that automatic leveling.

Kairos Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Actualy, I tried to play the game a litte to know if they are mechanics like this and good news I found a wand witch can absorb souls with 4/4 charges smile Maybe a solution can be found.

Kairos Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Ok people, I've worked all the day to find a good balance for weight overhaul.

Meanwhile, I was wondering about giving the ability to players to chose where to spend the attributes points.

Actualy when you create a character you have 10 points everywhere + 3/4 points that you can spend because of your class.

My goal is to let the choice to spend the 63/64 points where you realy want to spend them. That means. I Have to put the starting points to 0 witch is easy to do with the data.txt

But I want to add 60 ( maybe rebalance this later ) to spend freely someone can help me there please ?

Kairos Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Ok, This week I worked on a balance of weight If someone saw it I made a post on what the overhaul will change.

Actually, i'm looking for the bedroll. Can someone explain me how does it work to change the duration of the Rested buff, the only buff named like this is the ranger one which is not exactly the same.

Please I realy need help on this, it lock my progression and I realy need this. thank you smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard