Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
volta Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
On this quest in reapers quest i have activated the all the totems except the summer one which says its dormant, have i got a bugged quest or am i missing something? i've used just about every element i can think of but it just remains dormant.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Same, can't figure out what you are supposed to be throwing at it.

E
Era Offline
stranger
stranger
E
What skill did you use on Autumn totem?

I used Laser Ray pyromancer skill on Summer tomem and it activaded.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I figured it out create steam by putting water down and hitting it with flame and then electrify the steam that got it i think its a hit box bug though

Be ready it spawns 4 level 14 guys got my ass kicked

Last edited by silencedelta; 16/09/17 11:10 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Cloud+electricity is a different totem, we are talking about the summer one.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Summer = Blood

Last edited by KAcidi; 17/09/17 01:03 PM.
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
cast raining blood on it for summer

enthusiast
enthusiast
No, summer is not blood. I am away from that area right now so I don't remember which name was what but there was:

1) Ice
2) Blood
3) Static cloud
4) ??? - this is the one we are asking about.

Last edited by Kadajko; 17/09/17 12:57 PM.
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
sorry, mixed them up it's:

Hero of Winter - Winter blast or Hail Strike
Hero of Autumn - Make a Static Cloud
Hero of Summer - Laser Ray fire spell. (probably a smoke cloud will make it work)
Hero of Spring - Raining Blood

It spawns 4 elemental guardians who are immune to their respective elements. When you kill them a heart will spawn on the Tongue of Flame. Eatting it as an Elf will get you the Flaming Tongues spell

Last edited by Luuin; 17/09/17 01:15 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Luuin

Hero of Summer -Laser Ray fire spell. (probably a smoke cloud will make it work)

Ok, so smoke cloud is made by water + fire right? Because I did that to no success. I don't have the Laser ray spell. The description of laser ray says it leaves fire clouds behind. How else can you make fire clouds?

Last edited by Kadajko; 17/09/17 01:13 PM.
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
fire + water is a steam cloud. you need to make an explosion, i usually did this by throwing a fireball at a pool of poison.

but I just unlinked 1 of my companions then had them teleport to town to buy the skill book from the town vendor. Then just used the teleport pyramid to get them back to the party.

Last edited by Luuin; 17/09/17 01:18 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Luuin
fire + water is a steam cloud. you need to make an explosion, i usually did this by throwing a fireball at a pool of poison.

but I just unlinked 1 of my companions then had them teleport to town to buy the skill book from the town vendor. Then just used the teleport pyramid to get them back to the party.

I did make that poison + fire explosion, it didn't work, guess Ray is the only way, I will get that.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Anyone give me pointers on where to get laser ray fire spell? I am not finding it thus far...

S
stranger
stranger
S
The vendors in the city sell it once you reach a certain level.

W
stranger
stranger
W
I did activate all 4 Totems, my Journal is telling me that there should spawn some elves - but they didnt. No elves - not able to talk to the brazier. Anyone got a hint?

Have a nice one

Last edited by w9nder; 19/09/17 09:50 AM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
This quest is heavily bugged, you need to speak to the totem when all 4 idols have a glowing aura around them.

The only idol that keeps it's aura after activation is the Spring idol, others you will have to activate fast and speak to the totem.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Had the same bug.
Found a solution.
Looks like that The Tongue of Flame was bugged after few clicks on it.
I loaded game before talk with him, asked for trial then didn't clicked on him and performed totems activation.
Then it works

Last edited by Geffestus; 27/09/17 09:04 PM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
I'm not sure what is bugged here but there seems to be an actual number of seconds to do it.

I tried for more than an hour but could not Winter, Autumn, Summer (Spring isn't a problem) to activate together.

I dropped the resolution and then it worked first time.

If it is true that you are limited in completing this quest because your GPU will not finish the previous animation in time then that is sad (or at least something to be aware of)

It could be a coincidence though but I doubt it. I was pretty snappy at the hail, electric bolt, laser thing after 400 goes - you just spam the hot key for the next spell until the animation for the last one finishes.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Nah, you just need to be fast, you literally have like 4 turns to activate it all and if you are slow it will go away.

I think what I did is take Sebille, make her do Flesh Sac standing on blood tree, then quickly lazered fire tree, then switched to my enchanter, zapped the lightning tree and froze the ice one.

All done fast and it worked fine.

P
stranger
stranger
P
For those having trouble with the Summer Totem:
I searched all over the internet for ways to finish this quest due to the Summer totem being a complete pain. Hopefully I can save some of you the hassle that I went through to find a result. For those people who didn't put any points into pyrokinetic (like me) to use Laser Ray (as stated above), fear not. You can create the laser ray scroll using sheet of paper+high quality fire essence+nails according to the DoS2 wiki. For those of you who don't have a high quality fire essence (like me), there is a wand for sale by a dwarf vendor at Driftwood, he was in between the smelly fish vendor and the enchantress(lady who sells scrolls/skill books). The wand is a named weapon - Chamore Doran - and is only level 9, or I believe that's the level I first came upon it so naturally its stats stayed at level 9. However, the skill that it offers is called "Vaporise" which will make a cloud of most, if not all, elemental surfaces. It requires a level 12 intelligence to use but if you took Loshe, or have a caster in the group, this shouldnt be too hard to come by. Shoot a fire arrow or cast a fire spell on the ground to set it ablaze next to the summer totem, then use the wand skill to make the fire surface into a fire cloud. This SHOULD automatically set the next part of the quest into motion, but be careful because if the wand is equipped when the next stage of the quest begins, you won't be able to change back to your original weapon in combat (at least not for me). Hope this helped, and good luck.

P.S. - The wand was pretty hefty in price for being a one time use, even with a 4 in bartering, so I would assume creating the scroll would be the cheaper option. But if money isnt an object for you, by all means, the wand is the better route than farming around for mats. You can also split one of your party members from the group, fast travel to driftwood square, buy the wand, then pyramid back to the party.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard