Next Thread
Print Thread
E
eLeF Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
E
Right now I'm just aimlesly wandering the island hopelessly underlevelled, getting annihilated by everething and every single quest seems broken in some way, the quest log doesn't provide clues, there are flags on the map that serve as quest markers I guess but most of those NPCs just talk in circles without proviving any useful information.

For exaple there is a blacksmith that I'm supposed to talk to about removing the collar but after talking to her the quest doesn't update because she didn't say anything usefull so I'm stuck

There is also a lizard dreamer important for my Red Prince redemtpion quest but he also stole some food and my companion wants him dead. So I reloaded the save, returned the food to Griff, bought the overpriced herb from him but the lizard didn't accept it, eventually I allowed my companion to kill him but now my origin quest is busted because again the game didn't provide any information on where I could find another dreamer.

Link to a comprehensive guide would be appriciated.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm pretty sure a couple of them don't flag as being completed even though they are. I've completed a bunch of quests like I would have in the alpha, but half of them aren't removed from the quest log.

J
stranger
stranger
J
I'm feeling pretty stuck too. I'm pretty sure I've completed several quests involved in trying to escape Fort Joy, including the Stingtail quest you mentioned, but none of the quests show complete in my log. New quests keep getting added, but old ones never go away. All of my markers are all still where they were a couple hours ago (including a big red flag I'm guessing marks main quests sitting on top of Stingtail). Characters keep telling me they're marking new things on my map for me to go see and do, but nothing new shows on my map. A couple of different people have told me they're gong to mark escape routs or the location of co-conspirators on my map, but nothing new ever shows up. I'm totally lost at this point...

H
stranger
stranger
H

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Bukke
I'm pretty sure a couple of them don't flag as being completed even though they are. I've completed a bunch of quests like I would have in the alpha, but half of them aren't removed from the quest log.

As far as this part of the conversation goes, I've run into this as well. There are several quests I know I'm done with, but aren't clearing past the last step. I'm not sure if it's me or the game right now.

It looks like you are trying to play Divinity. Would you like help?
[ Yes ] [ No ]
A
stranger
stranger
A
so

when u have multiple origin characters in ur party it can happen that they may have different goals on a specific quest

sometimes it is not possible to make everyone happy and u have to choose which one gets to do what they want

on the one with stingtail u can actually get everything
when u still have the quest to gather the stolen "fruit" go to him with the red prince in ur party
u will meet sebille stalking him there(if u did not recruit her before)
unchain sebille
go in only with ur main char and the red prince
when u want to talk to stingtail the prince will interrupt u and ask u to have a chat with him first
let him
after that talk to him about the stolen stuff

at this point u might save since sometimes after u complete the griff quest he wont talk to u again even if u save him(was for me that way in beta he only said he wants to sleep)

so now u can either go out
chain sebille in
go back in to talk to him again

or u head to griff
once u complete that quests he will send an assassin to kill stingtail

head there fast
kill the assassin (nice extra exp)
congrats u saved stingtail

if u want any fire books buy them
(also u might wait until ur lvl 4 (i think it was lvl4^^) for more books before u kill him)
and then u can come back with sebille in ur party and talk to him so she can kill him fullfilling her origin story part.

on the quest with the blacksmith
sometimes it can take quite long until u find the next puzzle piece to complete a quest

also if u dont find a way for that quest right away look around
there are so many ways to escape the fort
some even with little to no combat required

u can also do most of the quests to get the exp
only cause u found a way out does not mean u have to take that one
(but careful in the beta once u left the fort the magisters would aggro on u when u came back for something (even when they should have 0 chance of knowing that u got out))

hope that helps

Last edited by Arruzaki; 16/09/17 05:31 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
You don't actually need to dream with Stingtail. You can let Sebille kill him and still party w/ Red Prince and dream with someone else.

You can also pick pocket Stingtail for the oversized orange (which contains the Drudanae) prior to killing him or picking up Sebille. Or you can PLAY AS Sebille and choose when to do all of this.

There are also like 5 different ways to escape the fort.

You also are playing a game where the quest log requires you to do some thinking and reading instead of mindlessly pointing you in the exact location of where you need to go / who you need to talk to. This isn't WoW or Skyrim - and I'm not trying to be a douche when I say that but it seems like people want to be hand-held through this.

That's not to say it's not without its flaws - I am having some quests that aren't posting as complete even though I think I completed them. But still... props to Larian for not streamlining the quest system and not making it boring and mindless.

In my line of work, it's never a quiet day on the market.
E
eLeF Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
E
Originally Posted by ExecutiveCivic
You don't actually need to dream with Stingtail. You can let Sebille kill him and still party w/ Red Prince and dream with someone else.

You can also pick pocket Stingtail for the oversized orange (which contains the Drudanae) prior to killing him or picking up Sebille. Or you can PLAY AS Sebille and choose when to do all of this.

There are also like 5 different ways to escape the fort.

You also are playing a game where the quest log requires you to do some thinking and reading instead of mindlessly pointing you in the exact location of where you need to go / who you need to talk to. This isn't WoW or Skyrim - and I'm not trying to be a douche when I say that but it seems like people want to be hand-held through this.

That's not to say it's not without its flaws - I am having some quests that aren't posting as complete even though I think I completed them. But still... props to Larian for not streamlining the quest system and not making it boring and mindless.

I didn't want to be handholded and I appriciate this game isn't like Skyrim, but the quests truly are busted - or atleast the quest log is. No offence but I never encountered such problems in Pillars of Eternity, which also isn't a game known for handholding yet I always knew where to go, who to talk to and the quests always updated properly. I asked for a guide so I could atleast know the order in which I should complete quests for a somewhat smooth progression.

Originally Posted by HeftyDrizzt

Thanks for that

E
stranger
stranger
E
This has gotten me really paranoid that event flags are gonna go haywire.

I finished Act 1 and a bunch of quests that I very much completed and the journal says I've completed (though not officially 'closed) were archived and claim that I ignored them basically.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Havin the same issues with quite a few quests.

B
stranger
stranger
B
What I want to know is whether it's just a problem with the quest log or it's a bug that actually breaks the quest.
Please devs ... answer this question, becouse apart this problem, the game is one of the best I have ever played in my life, and this bug breaks immersion.

P.s. Sorry for my english :)

Last edited by BartzITA95; 17/09/17 01:44 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard