Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Originally Posted by Bukke
Based on what I've seen on Reddit and the Steam forums people are experiencing the crashes after installing the latest 10MB patch.
In my case the game crashed and the most recent autosave is glitched so I can't control one of my characters. When I try to reload an earlier save file the entire game crashes.

That can't be the issue, I'm running the GOG version and didn't install the patches until after the freezes started occurring.

apprentice
apprentice
I'm having the same issues.

I first noticed the issue when I had two characters talk to two people to divert their attention while a 3rd character robbed them blind.

I loaded farther back..then farther still...and still running into issues.

Does anyone have this issue who has NOT stolen then run away? Because I sure have, and it started after I started doing that.

I'm going to play a game from much farther back, and if it keeps having problems, restart.

Can anyone confirm that after restarting there is no problem? (even after stealing and running away?)

Last edited by ekidhardt; 16/09/17 11:46 AM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
Same issue. After I escaped the fort I started experiencing crashes at times when I load the game. I think the first crash occurred after I left the fort, ran into some skellies, reloaded quicksave. I am no longer 100% sure if I returned to the fort before the first crash.

Once I travelled back to the fort after leaving it, I experience hang-ups of up to 30 seconds where my memory usage maxes out. During hang-up graphics are paused, SFX/BGM still active, cursor still active.

This seems to be a very high repro case with critical severity (blocker for some as it renders fort area quite unplayable, I don't have anything major to do there anymore thankfully so I can skip it), any chance of Larian employee being able to give a hotfix ETA? I assume you are already planning a patch for next week but I think this is worthy of a hot-fix.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Confirmed the stealing theory.
Got a unbugged save and after stealing and running the save was corromped.

Edit: Ignore it. Tryed it again and didn't crash. It isn't the stealing/running.
Edit2: It only started here when I updated the 10MB hotfix. Game was normal before.
Edit3(really): Save isn't corromped but now Fort Joy Square takes 1~2 minutos to load even without loading screens. Only walking around tankes more than 1 minute to load textures I guess?

Last edited by TkTheus; 16/09/17 12:02 PM.
E
ecogen Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Originally Posted by Eolath

That can't be the issue, I'm running the GOG version and didn't install the patches until after the freezes started occurring.

I've had the issues on the steam version pre-patches as well.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Boppa
...any chance of Larian employee being able to give a hotfix ETA? I assume you are already planning a patch for next week but I think this is worthy of a hot-fix.

We are out of luck it seems frown. And I was having so much fun.
https://twitter.com/LarAtLarian/status/908759041463201798

S
stranger
stranger
S
Got exactly same problem - anyway I can tell I did not steal anything from any NPC

T
stranger
stranger
T
Yeah guys, I think the only way is start a new save with the 10mb hotfix features.

Last edited by TkTheus; 16/09/17 12:17 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
well, logically there has to be something we're all doing in common to create this, else the game would not work for anyone. We just have to find the trigger so we can play

For kicks, I used a bugged game, ejected all my followers, and dropped my entire inventory--didn't have any effect smile

I can instantly trigger the game to crash when I am in a bugged game and then I talk to two NPC's and with a third try to steal something. It just freezes--devours all my ram, and then crashes.

After looking at my saved game files, I see they are incrementally getting larger, 8megs, 9megs, 10megs. They seem to grow very quickly.

Can anyone confirm the size of totally normal fort-joy save file? Or is anyones corrupted file over 10MB?

T
stranger
stranger
T
I have posted a sample bugged save file somewhere above that is 7MB

journeyman
journeyman
I have fort Joy files with 4-5 mb and then 8-10 (which are surely corrupted).

E
ecogen Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Originally Posted by ekidhardt
well, logically there has to be something we're all doing in common to create this, else the game would not work for anyone. We just have to find the trigger so we can play

For kicks, I used a bugged game, ejected all my followers, and dropped my entire inventory--didn't have any effect smile

I can instantly trigger the game to crash when I am in a bugged game and then I talk to two NPC's and with a third try to steal something. It just freezes--devours all my ram, and then crashes.

After looking at my saved game files, I see they are incrementally getting larger, 8megs, 9megs, 10megs. They seem to grow very quickly.

Can anyone confirm the size of totally normal fort-joy save file? Or is anyones corrupted file over 10MB?

I wrote this in the first page. My "working" fort joy save files are usually under or just above 7MB, anything upwards of that is bugged.

Edit: Has anyone tried to start a completely new game post-patch? Like deleting the Divinity: Original Sin 2 folder in documents all together and starting fresh?

Last edited by ecogen; 16/09/17 12:31 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Ecogen,

I'm doing that right now. Starting clean.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Only problem is it takes about 10-12 hours for it to manifest, so its going to take.... a while.

S
stranger
stranger
S
My friend and I have been having this problem for some time now, we found an old savefile which wasn't corrupted after the problem occured, but now, in this save file, if you walk into fort joy it will trigger what we suspect is the cause of the bug. In order to recreate it, either walk down the ladder down to fort joy, and walk towards griff, or waypoint to "Fort Joy - Square". This for us at least, when the host performs the task, makes the game freeze for about 10 seconds or so.

http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/Ytvg38DT/file.html

E
ecogen Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Originally Posted by Testing
Only problem is it takes about 10-12 hours for it to manifest, so its going to take.... a while.

It didn't for me. It started happening about 3 hours in.

apprentice
apprentice
The thing is though, is that when they release a fix, they're going to tell us to restart anyway. I've seen this issue happen with other games, a memory leak and the save file balloons up. Always have to restart rather than try to repair the saved game of every person.

hopefully I'm wrong! smile

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Eh, if I have to restart I'll just wait a couple of weeks before playing this game again. Could be the same bug pops up somewhere in act 2 or 3, which haven't been tested nearly as much as act 1.

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
I only got this bug once I was in act 2. So it can happen at any time

I'll try to refund until this is fixed.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I have the exact same issue that everyone else is reporting. And I only have corrupted saves left to load from. Started for me around Fort Joy. So disappointing and frustrating. No Divinity weekend for us it seems.

Last edited by landauc87; 16/09/17 01:05 PM.
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard