Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
I feel like the current party size, PC + 3 NPC's is rather small, and i would love to have all 6 NPC's in the party as to be able to see all their unique interactions.

I know there was one such mod for the first game, does the community here think it is possible with the provided tools to make a similar mod for D:OS 2?

T
addict
addict
T
It is possible, but some parts of the game will not work correctly. E.g., the crime system only supports up to four criminals per crime (don't know what would happen if there are more). Additionally, in the main campaign some level areas are duplicated every character must complete it alone and they may all do it at the same time. In such cases, only four areas have been made, and I don't know what will happen if there are more than 4 players (especially if you would have more than 4 avatars; 1 avatar with 5 companions is less likely to cause troubles in most cases).

T
stranger
stranger
T
Second this.
The side effect of having interesting characters is that the marginal value caused by losing any one of the characters becomes unbearably high.

Tianran Liu
L
stranger
stranger
L
any luck on this mod ? or will this take long ?
hello all :)

Y
journeyman
journeyman
Y
That can be done but more then 30 scripts have to be changed and inside many events / behavior / story scripts will surely make game unstable at one point if you miss one. As I tried earlier to see.

At 6 players crime system & party follow systems & many dialogs & in some area combat & some of script related skills will not work. Can be repaired but i don't think it will worth the time.

You can make a half new game with that kind of stuff and its not a work for only one modder smile

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
What about for just Gm mode?

stranger
stranger
Increased party size to 5 would be gold for DM'ing, given the range is from 3 to 5, to be manageable.

Originally Posted by WMC51
What about for just Gm mode?

Yeah, a 6 man party for GM mode would be great.

I couldn't care less about increasing the party size for the campaign; it's already been balanced with 4 characters in mind, adding more would just muck it up.

old hand
old hand
Increasing play count might involve editting a hex value in the game's .exe. That's how it was done in the first game. Unsure how to go about doing that myself. This is a guide to that for the first game, maybe someone could figure it out. Doesn't seem like it should be all that complicated, unless there's other issues that stem from more than 4 players (e.g., UI stuff).

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=548760493

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I've been able to so far successfully add the 6 origin characters to one party (playing as Fane). Everyone follows me correctly, but I have no idea if this breaks any other scripting/dialogues/combat/etc.

Screenshot of 6 person party: https://i.imgur.com/QwMwfjr.jpg

Steam workshop in case anyone wants to test: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1137971468

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Update: Very brief combat testing seems to work for now. I've gotten companion triggers as I walked around (lady recognizes one companion, assassination attempt, etc vagueness for minor spoilers) .

There's some funkiness with the character tab (right arrow cannot access 6th member, left arrow will constantly switch between 5th and 6th member), but it works well if you just click on the party member you want in the sidebar. All inventory is shown and works well.

Switching party member order in the sidebar works. Formations work in large open areas but in smaller areas the party sometimes clumps together since I don't think the AI pathing is used to so many people grouped together.

Feel free to use the mod but it might break your game as I haven't really tested it much. Will do further testing later.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
This didn't seem to be work in my current save, but worked fine on a new game. How did you accomplish this? Did you just modify the story script to disable force the Origin characters to accept your invitation to join the party, regardless of how many are currently in it?

I also noticed the character assign menu has 4 slots, so assigning some of the characters might not work. One workaround I considered for testing and educational purposes was just copying the menu .swf file from DOSEE, since that one has a different design, featuring a scroll bar. I did something like that the other way around before and it did work. (copied the DOS2 early access character assign menu into DOSEE)

P
stranger
stranger
P
Can you share with that mod for GOG users?

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
@Foodchain, yeah that's basically what I did. I forced the max party size reached flag to always be cleared during the check. This could probably cause even more issues if you reached act 2 and you recruit mercenaries as well, although at this point I'm not even sure you'd be able to reach act 2 with all companions. There's also a max party member value you can set. It's default 4, I changed it to 6 just in case it looks for it elsewhere.

As for save vs new game, I did load the mod into an existing save of mine immediately on reaching FJ and it worked. I wonder, in your existing save you had already recruited someone and thus the recruitment script had already loaded? Perhaps if you have already recruited someone the new script won't load.

With respect to the "character assign" screen, I'm not entirely sure what this is. I didn't play the EA so I'm not completely familiar with all the DOS2 options. Is this the "party management" option in the escape menu? Is this a coop thing? I've never actually used that option but I do see it only has the first few companions.

@Parkan, I'll see if I can upload to the Nexus but it might take some time. I've never used the Divinity Engine before today so it might take a while to figure out. I just picked it up today since I was also curious about getting 6 party members to work.

P
stranger
stranger
P
you can upload even on google.docs and share a link.or any other file hoster like mediafire.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
@Parkan, my issue was more that I'm not familiar with actually exporting the mod for GOG use. The Divinity Engine 2 has an easy "upload to Steam Workshop" button. I guess I can export a local copy of the mod (PAK file), but I'm not sure if it'll work for you. Let me know.

Link for PAK file: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=04487562806379270289

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
@Foodchain Thinking about your save vs new game issue some more, did you already have a 4 person party in your save that didn't work? I think the flag set/clear that I modified happens only after you add/remove someone from the party. Since my mod only clears the flag after adding someone, you couldn't add a new member because the flag was already set.

Basically the code does something like this

try_to_add_follower:
if(party_full_flag) do_not_add()
else add_follower()

after_add_follower:
if(party_count == max) set_party_full_flag() <-- I modified this to not actually set the flag

after_remove_follower:
clear_party_full_flag()

In saves with an already full party, only the try_to_add_follower function would be called, and the flag would remain unchanged. It might be possible then to add this mod to a save with existing followers and you just need to dismiss/rehire someone.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by sirbuttsington
@Parkan, my issue was more that I'm not familiar with actually exporting the mod for GOG use. The Divinity Engine 2 has an easy "upload to Steam Workshop" button. I guess I can export a local copy of the mod (PAK file), but I'm not sure if it'll work for you. Let me know.

Link for PAK file: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=04487562806379270289

Yes.it worked.on new game.Got party 1Pc +5 NPC characters.Will continue to test.Thanks.

L
stranger
stranger
L
[quote=sirbuttsington]@Parkan, my issue was more that I'm not familiar with actually exporting the mod for GOG use. The Divinity Engine 2 has an easy "upload to Steam Workshop" button. I guess I can export a local copy of the mod (PAK file), but I'm not sure if it'll work for you. Let me know.

Link for PAK file: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=04487562806379270289 [/quote]

Since im new to Modding and stuff.. how to add that .. since i also have GOG ? do i place that .pak files anywhere ? or in a special MOD folder?

P
stranger
stranger
P
data\mods in game directory.

Played a little more.So,teoretically we can have a lot of npc followers?Because a imanaged to hire all npc in Fort joy.I have 1 PC+6 NPC followers:lizard,mage,Ifan,beast,Fane,sibel.

Last edited by Parkan; 18/09/17 11:27 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard