Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Tactician with 2 lone wolf characters (the only way I've played yet) is pretty good.

It is quite a lot harder than EA but certainly doable. You get the extra AP, Vitality and points from Lone Wolf which offsets the enemy increase.

Could be Lone Wolf is OP but that is another question - the combination with Tactician is fun and works well. Lone wolf on Classic would be a joke.

It is long winded though - Flenser I had to flee and the Dallis fight (in the fort) took more than an hour and a half to grind them down into giving up.

addict
addict
If you're playing a ranger, did you at least do the Ifan quest line until Zaleskar (assuming you got him)? You just have to talk to Borris in front of the gate to the magister place and then talk to Zaleskar for an op weapon. His crossbow is so ridiculous in Act 1 (Level 5, 8-11 piercing + 20-21 Physical. Pure physical damage!). Add in Blood arrow element and you will be dealing 80-90 a shot without considering the power of Lone wolf.

I don't even have assassinate yet but man, just a shot from that along with the AP on your first turn, you can pretty much down any boss armor and knock them down before they even act.

Last edited by Ellezard; 16/09/17 06:52 PM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Ellezard
If you're playing a ranger, did you at least do the Ifan quest line until Zaleskar (assuming you got him)?
I'm playing Lohse as a ranger and Fane as Inquisitor (can only have 2 with lone wolf). Not the best combo really in retrospect.

Got epic level 8 stuff from Dallis pets though (eventually).

addict
addict
I wonder what will happen to lone wolf if say, you recruit Ifan in, get to the point of crossbow and be like "haha Ifan I don't need you anymore bye" and drop it down to 2 companion just so you have the best Act 1 crossbow right away.

Wish they didn't make Pickpocket so broken though with how well it scales with level. On EA, high level pickpocket with gears only net you like, 800 gold? This one, 2350 at level 6 (3 base 1 gear). You can rob the entire book store everytime they restock and with like 15k-20k gold, just afk in the game and wait for shops to restock with good rings and magical gears and laugh at how undergeared all enemies are compared to your army.

Last edited by Ellezard; 16/09/17 07:03 PM.
old hand
old hand
git gud

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Ellezard
Considering how mad you are, it says a lot about how the game challenge is treating you and why you will want it nerfed or modded out.

I see you are sinking deeper into your delusions and becoming a full blown dumbfuck.

I already said i havent even played the game yet.
I just started the game right now, you moron. Do you even see what others are writing anymore or your stupidity has made you completely blind too?

Besides, if we are to talk about emotions - it was you who was crying how tactician is bad - while you were losing and as soon as you found some moronic way to cheese - you changed your mind, proclaimed tactician mode to be great and now you are even attacking others as "bad players" who are criticizing the difficulty because they apparently play badly.

laugh

Just look what your emotions made out of you, you incredible ludicrous imbecile.

apprentice
apprentice
does this game really just you gotta include a ranger mode? i cant even go 1 melee 3 casters past houndmaster -.-

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Horrorscope

I also suggest you go into HardcorePlayer and add:
data "Vitality" "100"

Check your Vitality before, then do this whole step above, run the game and check vitality after, it should be noticeably higher. This is to make sure this mod has kicked and you done it right. Then when it is working, exit, remove the Players Vitality 100 and play the game with adjusted NPC stats.

Did that, Sabille health went from 30 hp to 60.

So its working. Im playing classic with Lohse and Tactician with Sebille, separate profiles.
Will compare the situation through the intro and Fort Joy.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
This thread is mostly the same 2 people constantly whining about the increased enemy stats because they are refusing to change how they play the game. They refuse to admit there are plenty of tactics that work; when they didn't come up with it it's 'cheese' and when they did come up with it but it didn't work the game is to blame.
I'll repeat: if you want a mode where the first thing you try makes you win no matter what, choose explorer mode. And let everyone else just enjoy tactician mode the way it's intended: making you change your tactics.

old hand
old hand
Stabbey already replied correctly to your idiotic post above. That ping of satisfaction you feel when you imagine and convince yourself we are talking about some kind of our inability to win encounters is making you into a imbecile.

addict
addict
Most of the time, the complains come in 2 way

1) It's too easy they complain about it
or
2) It's too hard they complain about it.

And with all the "No! I won't use the right method! It's not tactical! The mode is boring! I will edit the stat to make it more fair in my vision!", that's the 2nd kind of complain.

Breaking level 5, Tactician mode turns from "challenging" to "lolit'sajoke" again without using any game breaking exploit.

Heck, I think EA Classic is harder because they did move some of the source skill out of the enemy and that with the lower damage on gap closer moves and warfare, non-boss melee enemies are only threatening for their knockdown now (which can be blocked by "rested"). Even with +50% damage, they can't even break the physical armor with mending active.

They also nerfed some of the quest enemies and make them drop better items! This applies heavily to Griff gang quest. Not only do they deal way less damage, they also drop skill books on death for anyone killing them without buying anything.

https://i.imgur.com/6xdexkr.jpg

I'm gonna laugh if they say that

1) Holding out on pick pocket until I have thievery gears is cheesy.
2) Having good gears is cheesy (I like how nearly every gear I use on my damage dealer gives ranged, huntsman or warfare along with Finesse. So much damage it makes that +50% a joke on enemy)

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Hiver
Stabbey already replied correctly to your idiotic post above. That ping of satisfaction you feel when you imagine and convince yourself we are talking about some kind of our inability to win encounters is making you into a imbecile.

Then why do you even bother with tactician mode if you are going to mod it into explorer mode difficulty? Why are you so extremely mad other people have no issues with tactician mode the way it is meant to be played?

Last edited by Monara; 16/09/17 09:39 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
So, I have a couple of questions.

1. With all the things being mentioned as being "cheesing" isn't modding tactician mode to make it easier, like the ultimate cheese tactic?

2. Isn't the game designed to give you the freedom to role play however you want? If you want to be a thieving, constantly fleeing, constantly save scumming arsehole.... isn't that ok?

3. Wouldn't a play through on classic mode be a better idea than jumping into tactician? Since it does have different mechanics etc..

I'm just confused as to what is wrong with role playing in a fantasy game however you want to. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone in this thread. I can see the points made from both sides of the argument(s) Just really curious everyone's thoughts on this.

Also, are there really no additional enemies spawned per encounter in DOS2, like they did in DOS1 tactician mode? I thought adding extra enemies made it more fun.

"Keep distant, My own demons still haunt me too closely. I cannot also bear the burden of yours."
T
stranger
stranger
T
Again, absurd and nonsensical comparisons you pull out of your behind.
Also dumb, because you can have no idea how i am playing or how much im losing or winning.

Enemies cannot be fundamentally weaker then me if we are using the same mechanics, dumbass. And i went through all encounters just fine in ea, where situation was much the same as now in some earlier versions.

Havent even started playing the full game yet, so you are simply a retard now.

And i have no wish to play a game for retards, using retarded cheese and exploits against bloated enemies.
You enjoy it and call yourself great tactician.

Why you so rude, mate? There is no need to get so heated over a video game on a video game forum.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
After spending time with Tactician myself, I am 100% OK with the difficulty. I have yet to find a battle I can't win.

The buffs to Summoner help tremendously. Summoner is extremely good. I am also using 3 glass cannon characters + 1 tank, which while difficult gives me the damage output / CC potential to deal with the higher healthpools.

In all honesty though, it seems to me the 50% boost is overstated because it seems Classic Mode numbers are nerfed compared to EA.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Monara

Then why do you even bother with tactician mode if you are going to mod it into explorer mode difficulty? Why are you so extremely mad other people have no issues with tactician mode the way it is meant to be played?

My question is still open. Is Tactician mode more than just these stat boosts?

In EE it is more than just stat boosts. In EE there are different mob sizes for some encounters and AI adjustments to the skills they use. So if that carries into DOS2. You could have these changes and no boosts to NPC Stats and still get a different game vs Classic, probably one I rather play. I hope we get a clear answer to this. In the game menu when selecting Tactician it alludes to something like "additional dirty tricks" if I recall.

addict
addict
And what would more mob sizes do with people cheesing to escape after a fight? It will probably never be fixed outside the "Retreat and renter in the same turn for infinite action" exploit as that fits with the guerilla playstyle. The extra health and armor completely counter that while doing minimal to people who play normally because of how easy it is to still rekt the enemies thanks to all the general nerfs from EA to Release.

And additional dirty tricks might already there unless exploding void monster is actually in every mode. People are talking about stuffs like 90% dodge aura starting at Act 2 which sound like a tactician only thing.

Last edited by Ellezard; 16/09/17 10:34 PM.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
The answer to your question is yes, there is more than that. The AI is allowed more things that were considered unfair to new players and many enemies have new skills and usable items. I'm not sure about the amount of enemies because I haven't played classic enough to know the difference. The stat changes are just there to make mistakes more punishing and reward good choices but it's not the main thing that will change how you approach things.

Last edited by Monara; 16/09/17 10:48 PM.
addict
addict
The final boss on the first act really showcase what it means to be tactical to beat the boss and how the tactical mode boss fights are way more than just bloated stat.

I stalled near the stair and immediately took out the gheist first since it's the one that can potentially insta kill a teammate. I had an oil wall to prevent them from approaching without getting slowed but that was quickly ruined by a phoenix dive so it only lasted for one turn (good enough, got the Gheist killed)

A few turns in, Fane was dragged in to his death (darn teleport on enemy metamorph) and the voidwoken spawned. It seems like a loss was inevitable.

But then I remembered that teleport was broke as fk and was abused in the "battle showcase trailer" so I jumped I repositioned my archer with Tactical retreat, used the left over AP to res Fane into a spot with no LoS with everyone running out the entrance to circle around to the side and healed with items while the enemies were occupied with the worm. (Doesn't need to press retreat. They just headed over to the worm if you're far enough.)

And after ressing and healing Fane, I did this.

https://i.imgur.com/KdXf2DS.jpg

The left side of the battlefield where the enemy gets a good vantage point, there is no stair up from outside the combat area. I teleport Dallis dafk away from the fight and used the slow field on him before using the free AP from the pawn to hide and prevent any netherswap. This removes Dallis from the fight for like, 5 turns and combined with the help of the Void worm, I was able to do this in 1 go because the ridiculous aura boss wasn't in the fight anymore. His aura is the biggest trouble in that fight. Ridiculous stat with +50% damage on top of the difficulty 50% boost. Fun part, my teleport is already up again so even if I fail to kill all the magisters in time, I can still teleport him out once more and force him out of the fight.

This is the kind of fight I will never get to have in classic or explorer because of how threatening the enemies key targets are that I must remove them from battle either through death or method like this. You can't call this cheesing either because the trailer they use completely support this to showcase what kind of creative method you can try to beat their hard fights.

And if anyone is stuck on that boss fight on Tactical, try this method. you can easily position anyone with high wit to the same area and get a turn before Dallis does. Just use your glove of teleport and an oil scroll/grenade something and get back to your battle where Dallis won't really be participating until everyone is dead.

And if you're just the kind to get rekt and complain that "bloated stats got me killed! You cheated to win!", you aren't fit for this kind of mode.

Last edited by Ellezard; 17/09/17 12:16 AM.
veteran
veteran
If what many people are saying is true, and that it is not reasonable to play Tactician mode with a mixed 2-Physical/2-Magic Damage party because the damage splitting is unable to overcome the jacked-up enemy Physical/Magical armor levels...

If that is true, then Tactician mode is broken, and anyone who defends it as "just fine" is completely, indisputably wrong.

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard