Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21
T
stranger
stranger
T
Also waiting on the tracking email (CE without the hoodie).

Kultyz Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
IT seems that many CE were not sent during release week, which means only next week and most likely some of us will only receive the CE in 2 weeks.

Clearly this was not well done and i've sent them an email on Thursday 9:23 am, and so far not even a reply.

Really frustrating to see everyone playing the game except the 1000 owners of CE and Larian message of sending things on September 14th and arriving at most early next week is false. Some will not even arrive next week.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Kultyz
IT seems that many CE were not sent during release week, which means only next week and most likely some of us will only receive the CE in 2 weeks.

Clearly this was not well done and i've sent them an email on Thursday 9:23 am, and so far not even a reply.

Really frustrating to see everyone playing the game except the 1000 owners of CE and Larian message of sending things on September 14th and arriving at most early next week is false. Some will not even arrive next week.

I love What they do with the game, they really gave their heart and soul to this...but don't promise what you can't deliver.
You can't send emails day before release day and write that on the 14 you'll get a tracking number of your package, and when the time as come you can't even deliver a simple tracking number....this is really upsetting and really unprofessional.

Also sent them a mail at the end of the release date day about not getting a tracking mail...still got no answer and it's almost Sunday smirk

T
stranger
stranger
T
Same, tracking not updating.

60k+ people playing on Steam, and were all stuck here paying 4x as much and can't even get a proper tracking number.

So close to just buying a second copy cause of Larian crap

T
stranger
stranger
T
At this point it's simple for them to fix, email us codes or find the codes for our orders. You don't just randomly print codes off without keeping track

veteran
veteran
My shipment status updated yesterday to something along the lines of moving between countries (Germany to the U.S.), and is still that way today.

It sounds like Darkflemish just received his and is in Belgium? So I'm not sure how Larian Studios thought these could possibly end up in the hands of anyone on the day of (or the day prior to launch), which is something they recently suggested. It sounds like they weren't completely familiar with what Happyshops Fullfillment was planning.

Last edited by Gyson; 16/09/17 04:37 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I think the problem is that there's 1,000 extra CEs and they're effectively (if not actually) shrink-wrapped so nobody has any ideas which codes they contain. And Steam are quite snarky for expensive values of snarky about giving out extra codes, though the evil of DRM is an entirely different discussion.

In my case I think I'd still be prepared to wait for the nice lore- and art-books, and if I wasn't I'd buy a new code and gift the old one; perhaps easy for me to say as I have the EA code (though that also seems to mean achievements are broken) but in spite of the long build-up I would've just played other stuff, and indeed my guilty secret is that I was actually playing some FO4 yesterday.

My CE didn't "ship" until yesterday evening. From what I can tell, shipping so far means someone has clicked a button on a screen but it hasn't actually moved.

J'aime le fromage.
A few small notes:
1. Larian support is being flooded with emails on various topics, from shipping issues, to digital extras not being included in some editions, to in-game problems that people run into. Even if their support is working the whole weekend, it could still take days before they manage to process all those emails.

2. Happy Shops (the company handling the shipping) do indeed appear to be quite slow in sending out the emails. Some people reported receiving their CE before they received the email.

3. Even if you receive the email from Happy Shops with your tracking number, it appears that the tracking info on that website isn't updated very frequently... in fact, for a number of people the info didn't update at all until the package arrived at the distribution centre in their own country.
I definitely agree that (2) and (3) are handled badly, but I don't think we can blame Larian for that.

Kultyz Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by The Centaur
A few small notes:
1. Larian support is being flooded with emails on various topics, from shipping issues, to digital extras not being included in some editions, to in-game problems that people run into. Even if their support is working the whole weekend, it could still take days before they manage to process all those emails.

2. Happy Shops (the company handling the shipping) do indeed appear to be quite slow in sending out the emails. Some people reported receiving their CE before they received the email.

3. Even if you receive the email from Happy Shops with your tracking number, it appears that the tracking info on that website isn't updated very frequently... in fact, for a number of people the info didn't update at all until the package arrived at the distribution centre in their own country.
I definitely agree that (2) and (3) are handled badly, but I don't think we can blame Larian for that.

I agree with you on (1) however every release has an extra income of emails/press and there should be a reinforcement for the days after a release, in any case it's always bad feeling to have an email sent 59 hours ago without a reply, but i also know it's not that easy to find staff reinforcements for just a couple of weeks or so, therefor feels bad but i accept it as normal.

On (2) and (3) it's not directly Larian's fault, however it's Larian decision to hire them and promise their costumers things would be sent on the 14th. So indirectly it is Larian fault to perhaps hire a low budget company instead of a more reliable one.

You can argue those things are hard to predict and that in the future they will hire someone else, but truth is that currently things are not going well and wether Larian wants it or not, this is not good for them neither for us who were hyped to play this great game due to Larian's promises that are not happening (whatever the reason for them not happening)

Feeling "pushed" into buying another copy of the game is wrong in my opinion.

Can Larian do anything about this? Not sure but i think right now it's too big a mess to do anything worth much.

Edit: Perhaps i am harsh but perhaps not and it might be due for me to work in business management but since the start there were signs of lack of organization (in my perspective) but there is enough about it in previous posts so just wanted to reference them.

Last edited by Kultyz; 16/09/17 08:29 PM.
stranger
stranger
All fair points and I am sure it will improve in the future.

This was a "biggie" for us as much as for them. Meaning they had to deal with some specific areas they might not have extreme experience with, which represents delays along the management line and ultimately the accumulate results are all felt at the end of the chain, meaning you and everyone else :)

But...

Repeating the same, over and over again, won't make the gnomes and the snotlings work harder this time around.

Next time ? For sure.

Remember, for example in another similar crpg projects, many Pillars of Eternity kickbackers still wait for their Pen and Paper edition ( with good reason though ) :)

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Hethwill
All fair points and I am sure it will improve in the future.

This was a "biggie" for us as much as for them. Meaning they had to deal with some specific areas they might not have extreme experience with, which represents delays along the management line and ultimately the accumulate results are all felt at the end of the chain, meaning you and everyone else smile

But...

Repeating the same, over and over again, won't make the gnomes and the snotlings work harder this time around.

Next time ? For sure.

Remember, for example in another similar crpg projects, many Pillars of Eternity kickbackers still wait for their Pen and Paper edition ( with good reason though ) smile

I agree with you, but Larian should at least post a massage about that issue.
It's Sunday the 17th in the afternoon and still no mail/tracking number.

Q
stranger
stranger
Q
It could be worse, I did not realize my address was incorrect on Larian Vault, and I think the best case scenario is that it arrives in the wrong part of the country entirely in a few weeks, then slowly makes its way back to Europe after being rejected by whoever lives there now, and then maybe in six months I will get it shipped to where I actually live.

D
stranger
stranger
D
sooo any news?

still waiting for my collector's edition item.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Yeah I just gave up, ive actually got a few days off from work and 2 other mates waiting for me to get my copy so i've given up and im buying a second key.

Still no record of my CE even being collected from dispatch.

DHL is usually pretty good so im looking at happyshops.

I'll simply sell the CE key when it arrives.

I don't mind a delay in the physical stuff but it would have been so much better if they either warned it would be longer instead of saying it would be sent out early or sent us digital keys on release day.

L
stranger
stranger
L
So I checked in the Larian Vault and my address was not in there. I added it and messaged them hoping my CE still ships. Just saying it in case others didn't have an address in there.

Kultyz Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I have some news that if true will confort some of you.

After sending an email on Thursday i finally got a reply today (98 hours after my email) with the following statement:

""Hi,

we really do apologize for the delay in shipping and replying to your mail. I was out of the office since Thursday (we had a power-out in Ghent).
Our fulfillment partner promised to processes the last shipments TODAY! I got this confirmed by phone this morning.

Kind regards,""

So it clearly states that ALL will be shipped today. This being true it will arrive in the next 2 or 3 days in Europe countries at least.

That's great news. Thanks for sharing.

And I didn't even realize the power outage at their city lasted several days... that s*cks. No wonder they weren't able to reply to any of the emails earlier.

Last edited by The Centaur; 18/09/17 11:05 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Hello,

I came to the office in Gent and play-tested the game between the 21 and 25 of august.

I gave my information to get the CE but I still did not received any tracking code for the delivery...

Last edited by Stratop; 18/09/17 11:17 AM.
@Stratop see the comment from Kultyz just before yours... all remaining CEs should be shipped before the end of the day today.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I saw it but I'd like to have a shipment code but I guess I'll wait a few more days before playing with my friends :'(

Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard